Irishlove

Court/police record

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Please..i need help for this.

so my f has this police/court record. Is this enough to pass along with the petition? Or should he get a new one? It doesn’t have any seal or signature..3DD7AF05-89A9-4ABA-BAC5-4405CEF4A296.thumb.jpeg.f835a24fa9d694861b1ff44787b0651e.jpeg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I-129F states:  CERTIFIED COPIES.

https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-129f.pdf?download=1    (page 9)

https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf?download=1   (Part 3, starting on  page 6)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Why are you doing all the work for him? He needs to read the instructions and obtain what is required. 

Edited by JFH

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline
5 hours ago, Irishlove said:

Please..i need help for this.

so my f has this police/court record. Is this enough to pass along with the petition? Or should he get a new one? It doesn’t have any seal or signature..3DD7AF05-89A9-4ABA-BAC5-4405CEF4A296.thumb.jpeg.f835a24fa9d694861b1ff44787b0651e.jpeg

btw, it's really not that difficult to get certified copies (if the record is not sealed/expunged). Just call the county clerks office and ask them to send you a copy and that you want it certified. I did so for traffic infractions lol (in excess of $500), even though those do not need to be certified, I did it anyways (on those I obtained by calling and not downloading online) I think they charged me a couple dollars and they arrived a couple days later. Just engage your fiance. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, JFH said:

Why are you doing all the work for him? He needs to read the instructions and obtain what is required. 

Don’t be mad sir, I insisted doing it. We both doing our parts. Helping him is not a big deal. It just happened that I’m the one join the Visa Journey. He’s reading the instructions and we’re just double checking it. What’s wrong in asking and acquiring some opinions? We just want to be more specific and sure of what we’re going to do, rather than passing a lot of paperworks and getting the rfe in the end? 
thank you and godbless 

Timeline
25 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

That is one of my pet peeves!!!  Why does the petitioner make the beneficiary deal with all this stuff?  They don't know anything about government paperwork and they seem to say the petitioner is "too busy".  That truly bothers me for some reason.  It was my job to petition my wife and step kids (twice!!!).  I never told them to do it.  I makes me question the relationship.

First of all sir, he never asked me to do it.. I insisted to help him.

secondly you’re right, I don’t know about the government, he does. But we’re just asking for some advice and double checking what to do..

he reads the instructions but still we wanna make sure. Now that we’re wrong then we know what to do.

. Thank you. Godbless 

Edited by Irishlove

Just now, Irishlove said:

First of all sir, he never asked me to do it.. I insisted to help him.

secondly you’re right, I don’t know about the government, he does. But we’re just asking for some advice and double checking what to do..

he reads the instructions but still we wanna make sure. Now that we’re wrong then we know what to do.

and lastly sir.. good for you..you never ask your wife to help you do the petition. Thank you. Godbless 

My comments weren't only directed at you and the fact that you are getting his court documents seems like the hard way to do it.  I apologize if you are offended but the petition is the petitioner's responsibility.  I am sorry if I assumed that he just left it for you to do.  I see that happen a lot everyday.  My wife did nothing for the petitions except give me the answers I needed about her.  The only thing she actually did was the DS-160 and DS-260 but I was there with her in case she needed help understanding something.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Irishlove said:

Don’t be mad sir, I insisted doing it. We both doing our parts. Helping him is not a big deal. It just happened that I’m the one join the Visa Journey. He’s reading the instructions and we’re just double checking it. What’s wrong in asking and acquiring some opinions? We just want to be more specific and sure of what we’re going to do, rather than passing a lot of paperworks and getting the rfe in the end? 
thank you and godbless 

Nothing wrong with asking for assistance, that is what this forum is for

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

3 hours ago, Irishlove said:

thank you and godbless 

We are not mad per say but we have seen it where the petitioner makes the beneficiary gather everything for submission. I have seen that on a number of the FB groups as well. 

On 6/25/2020 at 11:15 AM, Irishlove said:

thank you and godbless 

Do what you think you need to do to get your visa sent in and approved.

You don't need to explain yourself to others B-)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.