Gaiden79

Need photographs to upload to NVC?

14 posts in this topic

Hey all, 

I'm looking over the Civil docs they are asking me to upload for NVC on the CEAC website. I noticed that "Photographs" is on the list. On the travel.state.gov website that is not listed on the required docs, it's only listed for the interview itself.

So I'm wondering are they asking me to upload my wife's passport photos there? Thanks! 

Married: 9/27/2017

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

On 6/21/2020 at 2:14 PM, OrihimeandIchigo said:

Thanks a lot. I noticed that the Digital Image Requirements contradicts the Scanned Documents requirements. The Digital Image requirements states that it must be JPEG file format but the Scanned Documents page says it could be PDF, JPEG, or JPG. Just curious about that.

1 minute ago, MikeMinusWife said:

That’s so weird - I was about to ask the exact same question - but one minor add on.  The NVC ask for images to be combined into one single upload document wherever possible, so is it one pdf with 2 identical images, or is it better to upload 2 separate pdf files each with one image ?

I wouldn't think you would need to upload more than 1 image because its not the same as a physical copy of pictures. With a digital image they could make as many copies of your uploaded passport picture as they wanted. 

But if you are referring to actual documents then yes they are asking for all pages of that document to be saved into a single file. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Digital image requirement is for photos like PP photos

Scanning requirements are for documents which you can scan or take photo of and upload.

where it says the photograph in your ceac account, upload a digital photo. One is enough. 

you can use the photo tool in the link below to create the required PP photo.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/photos/photo-composition-template.html

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

1 minute ago, Gaiden79 said:

I wouldn't think you would need to upload more than 1 image because its not the same as a physical copy of pictures. With a digital image they could make as many copies of your uploaded passport picture as they wanted. 

But if you are referring to actual documents then yes they are asking for all pages of that document to be saved into a single file. 

They want digital uploads but specify “Photos” as if they are expecting 2.  I completely agree it makes no sense to upload the same digital image twice - but this is the government we are dealing with.

2 minutes ago, MikeMinusWife said:

They want digital uploads but specify “Photos” as if they are expecting 2.  I completely agree it makes no sense to upload the same digital image twice - but this is the government we are dealing with.

Haha yeah no kidding sometimes the government is nonsensical. Better double check, but I'm betting its just 1 you need. 

5 minutes ago, arken said:

Digital image requirement is for photos like PP photos

Scanning requirements are for documents which you can scan or take photo of and upload.

where it says the photograph in your ceac account, upload a digital photo. One is enough. 

you can use the photo tool in the link below to create the required PP photo.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/photos/photo-composition-template.html

Ah okay, that makes sense. Thank God you referred me to those links or I might have just followed the scanned documents instructions instead. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
9 hours ago, MikeMinusWife said:

That’s so weird - I was about to ask the exact same question - but one minor add on.  The NVC ask for images to be combined into one single upload document wherever possible, so is it one pdf with 2 identical images, or is it better to upload 2 separate pdf files each with one image ?

I just slapped two identical passport pictures next to each other on the scanner and scanned as one scan.  Got DQ.

On 6/23/2020 at 11:23 PM, Stein said:

I just slapped two identical passport pictures next to each other on the scanner and scanned as one scan.  Got DQ.

Nice, sounds easy enough 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.