1,455 posts in this topic

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline

After a long wait, I got my NOA1 for my documents today. However, still my checks are not cashed (hope it will get cashed without an issue).

Updated timeline

06/17/2020 - Posted documents (I-485, I-944, I-765 and I-131) to Texas Lockbox

06/19/2020 - Documents were delivered

07/14/2020 - Received Text mgs

waiting for receipts through mail.

16 hours ago, itscarly said:

For now it means they accepted the case, in the mail you’re gonna receive a NOA soon (I think we have similar timelines, check your mailbox it might be there already), after the NOA you’re going to receive either a RFE or a biometrics appointment date (in the next few weeks) 

HI. Thank you. I haven't received anything in the mail yet. I did received the text message on Sunday so I am assuming I might take few days till arrived. Good luck

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Received YELLOW Notice for I - 693 July 11th since we didnt submit the Medical Exam. 

So far the timeline is:

Sent Applications:                                   June 11th

Arrived in Chicago:                                  June 13th

Received in Lockbox:                              June 17th

Receipt Notice Texts:                             June 28th

Formal Notice in Mail:                           July 3rd

Medical Exam Courtesy Letter:            July 8th (Sent) 11th in mail

Edited by Vistoria

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Vistoria said:

Received YELLOW Notice for I - 693 July 11th since we didnt submit the Medical Exam. 

So far the timeline is:

Could you take a picture of the notice? Erasing your personal details obviously.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Vistoria said:

So far the timeline is:

Wow! That’s fast. Courtesy letter even before biometrics !!!

Good luck!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, juancarlos said:

Also, the process goes ahead even if you receive that courtesy letter? Did you get your NOA1?

During the lockdown period USCIS started sending RFE for medical, so they can waive the interview and approve AOS. I guess now they have started sending courtesy reminder letter again. I think the processing continues as it is not a RFE  

Timeline
26 minutes ago, juancarlos said:

Also, the process goes ahead even if you receive that courtesy letter? Did you get your NOA1?

Yes, NO1 I - 797 Were received July 3rd and texts June 28th. 

The letter is exactly like this one. I was first baffled that we didnt sign one of the applications because i went through them dozen of times but then realized its the Medical Exam. Which we didnt send because of the short expiration and not knowing when the interview will be. 

PSA: This is not the one we got BUT it is EXATLY the same notice and reasons;

medical-notice-lo.jpg

Edited by Vistoria

Timeline
1 minute ago, Vistoria said:

Yes, NO1 I - 797 Were received July 3rd and texts June 28th. 

The letter is exactly like this one. I was first baffled that we didnt sign one of the applications because i went through them dozen of times but then realized its the Medical Exam. Which we didnt send because of the short expiration and not knowing when the interview will be. 

medical-notice-lo.jpg

Cool! Thanks. I am planning to do the medical exam later too. When are you planning to do? Are you taking it to the interview or mail it?

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Shan181 said:

Wow! That’s fast. Courtesy letter even before biometrics !!!

Good luck!

Dont want to get to excited but perhaps they used mom's Biometrics from when she arrived here? or we might get the notice for Biometrics later

Timeline
1 minute ago, juancarlos said:

Cool! Thanks. I am planning to do the medical exam later too. When are you planning to do? Are you taking it to the interview or mail it?

We will bring it to the interview and not sure when mom will have it done yet. Still pondering if she should wait for the interview notice and then make the appointment or wait a couple of months and then do it.

What about you?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Vistoria said:

We will bring it to the interview and not sure when mom will have it done yet. Still pondering if she should wait for the interview notice and then make the appointment or wait a couple of months and then do it.

What about you?

Not pretty sure. I might try to do it in August since I am on vacation until September...

But I need to figure out how long the medical exam lasts. Do you happen to know it?

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

I received a yellow letter on July 10th regarding I-693 not submitted. It did not mention that it was a courtesy letter though.

My Timeline

Package Recd - 15th June 

Cheques Cashed - 24th June

NOA1 Recd in mail - 28th June

Yellow Letter - July 10th

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Our Case is back at the Lockbox as of today.  After being rejected because someone there doesn't have a clue how to do their job.

I guess we shall have wait  to see if our luck changes and some competent person reviews our package this time.  Back to the end of the wait line again...

On 7/13/2020 at 6:31 PM, Trese said:

Our RFE letter just arrived in the mail. They want a copy of my birth certificate, which I sent with the packet. 🤦‍♀️ How annoying. But at least it's an easy fix. We're mailing it tomorrow.

BTW, do I have to send the original RFE letter (in the yellow paper) or just a copy of that?

Was your birth certificate from NSO or from PSA? Mine was from NSO, so when I read about USCIS requiring PSA birth certificates, I immediately ordered it online and will have it sent to me by my parents via DHL. 

Note: Apparently, NSO is now called PSA and USCIS will no longer accept NSO-stamped birth certificates :( 

I-751

July 25, 2023 - Submitted ROC via USPS 

July 31, 2023 - Credit card charged

Aug 1, 2023 - Text confirmation with IOE number received

Aug 14, 2023 - 48-month extension letter received

Aug 23, 2023 - Biometrics appointment at Brooklyn ASC

I-485

July 2, 2020 - 1st AOS submission via USPS  | July 19, 2020 - Rejected package received due to "missing forms" | July 20, 2020 - Resubmitted AOS Package | July 26, 2020 - AOS received at Chicago lockbox via USPS

July 27, 2020 - USCIS online status: Case received

Aug 9, 2020 - Credit card was charged | Aug 13, 2020 - Received SMS confirmation from USCIS | Aug 17, 2020 - Received NOAs in the mail | Aug 21, 2020 - USCIS account updated to RFE (waiting for mail)

Aug 27, 2020 - Hard copy of RFIE received in the mail (I-864EZ rejected) | Aug 31, 2020 - Response to RFIE sent to NBC

Sept 9, 2020 - Response to RFIE received by USCIS | Sept. 22, 2020 - Received I-693 deficiency notice

Nov 21, 2020 - Date USCIS sent out biometrics appointment letter  | Nov. 28, 2020 - Received bio appointment letter

Dec 18, 2020 - Biometrics appointment completed in Brooklyn ASC | Dec. 19, 2020 - Case updated to fingerprints taken (I-485 and I-765) | Dec. 30, 2020 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

Feb 25, 2021 - New card is being produced (EAD) | Feb. 26, 2021 - EAD and AP have been approved

Mar 3, 2021 - Combo card received | Mar. 5, 2021 - SSN card received

Aug 31, 2021 - Case updated online to interview has been scheduled | Sept 8, 2021 - Interview schedule received in the mail via USPS

Oct 5, 2021 - Scheduled interview | Oct 6, 2021 - Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.