Dotagirlandboy

N-400 June 2020 Filers

845 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Libya
Timeline
20 hours ago, Javi2 said:

Hi how soon did you know your date for the interview  after your account was updated to interview scheduled? Did you get the notice on the mail or on the USCIS account? Thanks

The next day. I saw it online. Have not received the one in the mail yet.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 2/19/2021 at 5:18 PM, Phoenix777 said:

Hello Arman! How was your interview please? 

Hi there, 

I passed the Interview on 16Feb2021 it was in the afternoon (3:30 completed), they called me next day morning so I went back the next day to take an Oath (1:00PM). Orlando FL office. 

In short, I had a pending i751 too, they didn't let her in first then the IO asked me to go get her, I called her and security let her in. 

He did ask her few questions about out marriage, my details and things about our child also. They knew a lot of stuff and even knew about her parents. My IO was a retired from Army so are my in-laws. Maybe that is the reason he knew about them or asked about it. 

He told her to sit quiet and sit on a chair behind the one I was sitting and he started asking me questions about the N400. He asked civics questions as well as the yes/no answers. 

By the time, we got done, he had not heard from his supervisor about the I751, so he didn't approve my N400 that time. It was approved later that afternoon though and as I said they called me next morning to take on Oath on 17February. I applied for my passport on 17Feb21 and once I get that, I will have to renunciate my Indian citizenship. I am done with USCIS, but I still have a lot of paperwork to do :) thanks for checking on me

On 2/18/2021 at 4:17 PM, Cvittini said:

Any one from Georgia on with a N-400 that has received an interview appointment? 

This is is my timeline so far:

Applied online -----------6/09/2020.

NOA ------------------------- 6/10/2020

Biometrics reuse-------9/04/2020.

When I originally filed the estimated time of completion was April 2021, then moved to December 2021 ( I was devastated)  and  in January changed to March 2021 . 

On 2/15/21 I called USCIS to find out how my case looked like and I was told that the case was on "queue" for the interview appointment request. And I was told that due to COVID19 it's different and complicates things a little bit ( social distancing, etc. ).

Is there anyone else from Georgia using the local office of Atlanta on the same situation?

Giving an update. Just this morning my profile changed. Now it says:

February 23, 2021

Interview Was Scheduled

On February 23, 2021, we scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, Receipt Number IOEXXXXXXXXX. We will mail you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

- How long did you have to wait until you knew the date of the interview?  I'm super excited!!!

14 minutes ago, Cvittini said:

Giving an update. Just this morning my profile changed. Now it says:

February 23, 2021

Interview Was Scheduled

On February 23, 2021, we scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, Receipt Number IOEXXXXXXXXX. We will mail you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

- How long did you have to wait until you knew the date of the interview?  I'm super excited!!!

Give it a couple of days, and the notice should be updated in the documents tab of your myUscis account. I didn't get a notification when the actual document was uploaded, so you might want to check every so often

1 hour ago, PB_1984 said:

Give it a couple of days, and the notice should be updated in the documents tab of your myUscis account. I didn't get a notification when the actual document was uploaded, so you might want to check every so often

A couple of days???  These people in Atlanta are no joke. I got the schedule notice already... matter of hours pretty much... Interview scheduled for 03-26-2021. The notice was added right after I read your reply. Thank you!!!

Edited by Cvittini

1 minute ago, Cvittini said:

A couple of days???  These people in Atlanta are no joke. I got the schedule notice already... matter of hours pretty much... Interview scheduled for 03-26-2021. The notice was added right after I read your reply. Thank you!!!

Hahaha - I said that because I got notified on Friday the 12th late in the evening, but it was a long weekend so I had to wait till Tuesday morning to actually see it !! Good luck !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
On 2/23/2021 at 10:34 AM, arman597 said:

Hi there, 

I passed the Interview on 16Feb2021 it was in the afternoon (3:30 completed), they called me next day morning so I went back the next day to take an Oath (1:00PM). Orlando FL office. 

In short, I had a pending i751 too, they didn't let her in first then the IO asked me to go get her, I called her and security let her in. 

He did ask her few questions about out marriage, my details and things about our child also. They knew a lot of stuff and even knew about her parents. My IO was a retired from Army so are my in-laws. Maybe that is the reason he knew about them or asked about it. 

He told her to sit quiet and sit on a chair behind the one I was sitting and he started asking me questions about the N400. He asked civics questions as well as the yes/no answers. 

By the time, we got done, he had not heard from his supervisor about the I751, so he didn't approve my N400 that time. It was approved later that afternoon though and as I said they called me next morning to take on Oath on 17February. I applied for my passport on 17Feb21 and once I get that, I will have to renunciate my Indian citizenship. I am done with USCIS, but I still have a lot of paperwork to do :) thanks for checking on me

Please I want to ask what documents was asked from you during the N400 interview.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Bree-momo said:

Please I want to ask what documents was asked from you during the N400 interview.

we did show some recent papers for our marriage related, like our house title, recent bank statements and an electric bill.  

For N400 part, he wanted to see my green card and drivers license. we did have interview in his office, so we wore masks all the time, there was an Ipad in the room, I read and wrote on that ipad for the English writing and reading part. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
4 minutes ago, arman597 said:

we did show some recent papers for our marriage related, like our house title, recent bank statements and an electric bill.  

For N400 part, he wanted to see my green card and drivers license. we did have interview in his office, so we wore masks all the time, there was an Ipad in the room, I read and wrote on that ipad for the English writing and reading part. 

Thank you for the quick response. So you had a pending interview for I-751? I am only curious because I only have interview for N400 and would want to know if i would need any additional documents to go with. Thanks once again.

Hey, guys! 
I am from Atlanta. They scheduled my interview on March 25th BUT my interview is in SOUTH CAROLINA 😳

I had no idea I have such option!

Though it seems like that office is more friendly than Atlanta office... so good luck to me on March 25th. I probably will get a hotel night before. Don’t wanna drive 2 hours before interview🙈

On 2/12/2021 at 1:53 PM, PB_1984 said:

Just got word that my interview has been scheduled - waiting for the date though

06/23/2020 - N-400 Application submitted via mail

06/30/2020 - Receipt notice posted in my online account

02/02/2021 - Biometrics appointment (had to call and get it scheduled)

2/12/2021 - Interview Scheduled

Field office is Baltimore. Case completion time is October 2021, and wait time is 6 months

How you call and which number to get schedule appointment for biometric ?

can you guide me please. I didn’t got any biometric notice. I submitted my application June -2020. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
10 hours ago, Sofiya said:

Hey, guys! 
I am from Atlanta. They scheduled my interview on March 25th BUT my interview is in SOUTH CAROLINA 😳

Though it seems like that office is more friendly than Atlanta office... so good luck to me on March 25th. I probably will get a hotel night before. Don’t wanna drive 2 hours before interview🙈

First, congratulations on getting the interview appointment!   I'm surprised it is in South Carolina!  

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

10 hours ago, Sofiya said:

Hey, guys! 

Hey Congrats!  I've heard of it.  A friend of mine had to go to  Montgomery AL for her interview because Atlanta was bombarded with applications, that was last year.   I thought about transferring to the Palm Beach FL local office when their wait time was like 3 months but I was told by USCIS that unless I move to that area I couldn't  :( 

USCIS told me that they can change the local office you applied to, if that office was too busy on their discretion.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.