Eden Smith

Federal Tax Return or Transcript

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Available from the IRS by calling 1-800-908-9946. Non-filers can expect to receive a paper IRS Verification of Non-filing Letter at the address provided in their telephone request within 5 to 10 days from the time of the request

you are still the main sponsor so a letter saying why you do not file is probably needed (examples would be attending college, etc)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
5 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

Available from the IRS by calling 1-800-908-9946. Non-filers can expect to receive a paper IRS Verification of Non-filing Letter at the address provided in their telephone request within 5 to 10 days from the time of the request

you are still the main sponsor so a letter saying why you do not file is probably needed (examples would be attending college, etc)

To piggyback off of this,  since you never filed, you may have to physically make an appointment at your local tax office and go to request one. 
I had to wait several months of going back and forth with the website, and phones before I was told this, after being told over and over that it was fine and I would receive a copy in the mail. But when I went in person, they printed them out for me and I got them same-day. 

Timeline

there is an actual form

Use Form 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return, to request tax return transcripts, tax account information, W-2 information, 1099 information, verification of nonfiling, and records of account.

Are they asking for anything specifically, or are you just asking what to upload alongside your I-864?

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

9 hours ago, SkeletonNessa said:

To piggyback off of this,  since you never filed, you may have to physically make an appointment at your local tax office and go to request one. 
I had to wait several months of going back and forth with the website, and phones before I was told this, after being told over and over that it was fine and I would receive a copy in the mail. But when I went in person, they printed them out for me and I got them same-day. 

Physically going there is impossible for me right now cause i am stuck outside the US and there are no flights available. What else option do i have to get it asap

9 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

So you just by calling them they will provide it. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Eden Smith said:

So you just by calling them they will provide it. 

if you can get thru / that info is from their page but i would think they because of the virus and other issues you can try the call and if you can't get a real person, fill out the 4506-t form and mail it in

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
12 hours ago, Eden Smith said:

Physically going there is impossible for me right now cause i am stuck outside the US and there are no flights available. What else option do i have to get it asap

I suggest you try to see if you can get one online from here.  You may be able to print it from this website! I wasnt able to, and that's where a lot of my issues come in. 
I suspect there are bound to be a place you can go without having to come back to the US to do it. If the above website doesn't work try calling their number at: 800-908-9946

On 5/31/2020 at 7:44 PM, Eden Smith said:

What should I upload at tax return transcript. I was never employed and never filed any taxes. I wrote a explanation letter why i didn't filed.  Now what should I do. Please help if anyone been through same situation. 

P.S I have a joint sponsor

You did right with the letter. Basically you are stating you didn't have any taxable income for past years. There is no point getting IRS (like others suggested) to confirm that you didn't file when you are already stating so. Since you don't have taxable income then you don't qualify to be a sponsor based on that alone, so there is no need to prove any further the fact that you don't qualify on that basis anyways. The letter simply explains why you didn't have to file as opposed to, lets say you forgot to file. 

Of course you may qualify to be a sponsor by having non taxable income or assests, otherwise let other USC be a sponsor.

Edited by Punisher

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.