E_pluribus_unum

I-944 Credit Report letter with no SSS/ITIN

19 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 5/29/2020 at 11:04 PM, E_pluribus_unum said:

Hey guys,

I am making this post to help others and not because I need help. 

First and foremost, many people ask "Why am I required to prove that I don't have credit history if I don't even have an SSN?" and the answer is that in the US, many banks will allow you to obtain credit without an SSN or ITIN. You can read more about this here: https://www.creditkarma.com/advice/i/credit-card-without-a-social-security-number/

So, you can get credit without an SSN/ITIN and can have a credit file without an SSN or ITIN. This is why USCIS requires a letter from at least one of the agencies confirming that you do not have a credit file. 

How do you get a letter stating you do not have a credit file?

Simply write a formal letter to one of the three agencies requesting your credit file. In the file state and place the following:

1) Explain that you are requesting your credit file and you do not have an SSN/ITIN. Explain that if no credit file is found, please return a letter stating so. 

2) Provide any names used, date of birth, and any addresses you've lived at

3) Sign the form and date it

4) Attach a government issued ID

5) Mail it to one of the agency addresses below:

Experian:
P.O. Box 2002, Allen, TX 75013

https://www.experian.com/blogs/ask-experian/credit-education/faqs/disputes-faqs/

Transunion:

TransUnion LLC
Consumer Disclosure Center
P.O. Box 1000
Chester, PA 19016

https://www.transunion.com/customer-support/faqs/credit-reports-and-disclosures

Equifax:

Disclosure Department,

P.O. Box 740241,

Atlanta, GA 30374

https://www.equifax.com/personal/education/credit/report/how-to-get-your-free-credit-report/

I hope this information helps people trying to get this proof. 

Thanks for this info. Sent out a letter on monday to Equifax, it was delivered next day and I got a letter from them today confirming that I do not have a credit report

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2020 at 9:56 PM, Bgail said:

Thanks for this info. Sent out a letter on monday to Equifax, it was delivered next day and I got a letter from them today confirming that I do not have a credit report

Do you have a sample letter? I would like to see an example of how you wrote this because I'm going to do the same. 🙂

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
10 minutes ago, MariMM said:

Do you have a sample letter? I would like to see an example of how you wrote this because I'm going to do the same. 🙂

This is what I sent to Experian along with a copy of the Passport and Marriage certificate (for name change proof). About 4 days later, Experian mailed a letter saying they could not locate a credit file. 

Credit Request Experian.doc

My current Timeline:

June 9, 2020 - Form I-130 filed electronically through USCIS.gov

June 10, 2020 - Form I-130 Accepted

June 11, 2020 - Form I-130 I-797 PDF available for download with priority date of June 9, 2020

June 16, 2020 - Mailed I-485 packet* along with I-131 and I-765

June 18, 2020 - USPS confirms packet delivered

July 20, 2020 - Credit Card charged

July 27, 2020 - I-797 letters received for I-485, I-765, and I-131 with a received date of June 18, 2020

August 10, 2020 - Notice of RFE for I-485 mailed. 

August 13, 2020 -  Red RFE notice received via mail. Notice requested proof of residence for 864A sponsor. 

August 13, 2020 - Mailed RFE response to USCIS**

August 17, 2020 - USPS confirms that RFE response was delivered

August 18, 2020 - USCIS Notification confirming receipt of response for RFE

September 24, 2020 - Received I-693 Deficiency Notice

January 19, 2021 - Form I-130 Approved and notice sent to beneficiary with notice available immediately online

January 22, 2021 - Form I-130 Approval Notice received by mail

January 29, 2021 - Biometrics notice received for the I-485 and I-765 dated for February 17. 2020 at 1pm

February 17, 2021 - Code 3 Biometrics taken for I-485 and I-765. Case updated to show biometrics applied to both I-485 and I-765 the same night. 

February 18, 2021 - I-485 case status changed to "Ready to be scheduled for interview" 

April 19, 2021 - I-765 case status changed to "New Card is Being Produced"

April 20, 2021 - I-765 and I-131 case status changed to "Case was approved"  

April 22, 2021 - I-765 case status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

April 23, 2021 - Approval notices received for I-131 and I-765 via mail

April 23, 2021 - I-765 case status changed to "Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service" with a delivery date set to Monday, April 26, 2021, by 9:00 PM

April 26, 2021 - I-765 case status changed to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office" and card picked up in mail box

April 29, 2021 - Visit to Social Security Administration for SSN Card

May 4, 2021 - SSN Card arrives in the mail 

December 20, 2021 - Send I-765 and I-131 Renewal via FedEx

December 22, 2021 - I-765 and I-131 Renewal received in Chicago

December 30, 2021 - I-797 notice received for I-765 and I-131

May 24, 2022 - AOS Interview Sacramento

May 26, 2022 - Status updated to "New Card is being produced" Green Card Approved. 

*Packet was mailed without I-693 medical. Will wait for an RFE and take it to the interview. Also, tax transcripts were not available at the time so copies of the tax returns were sent and a cover letter explaining why. 

**Included tax transcripts in RFE response since I was now able to gain access since sending the application. 

14 minutes ago, E_pluribus_unum said:

This is what I sent to Experian along with a copy of the Passport and Marriage certificate (for name change proof). About 4 days later, Experian mailed a letter saying they could not locate a credit file. 

Credit Request Experian.doc 16 kB · 2 downloads

Thank you! I will attached my passport and marriage certificate too. I really appreciate it your help!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2020 at 8:04 PM, E_pluribus_unum said:

Hey guys,

I am making this post to help others and not because I need help. 

First and foremost, many people ask "Why am I required to prove that I don't have credit history if I don't even have an SSN?" and the answer is that in the US, many banks will allow you to obtain credit without an SSN or ITIN. You can read more about this here: https://www.creditkarma.com/advice/i/credit-card-without-a-social-security-number/

So, you can get credit without an SSN/ITIN and can have a credit file without an SSN or ITIN. This is why USCIS requires a letter from at least one of the agencies confirming that you do not have a credit file. 

How do you get a letter stating you do not have a credit file?

Simply write a formal letter to one of the three agencies requesting your credit file. In the file state and place the following:

1) Explain that you are requesting your credit file and you do not have an SSN/ITIN. Explain that if no credit file is found, please return a letter stating so. 

2) Provide any names used, date of birth, and any addresses you've lived at

3) Sign the form and date it

4) Attach a government issued ID

5) Mail it to one of the agency addresses below:

Experian:
P.O. Box 2002, Allen, TX 75013

https://www.experian.com/blogs/ask-experian/credit-education/faqs/disputes-faqs/

Transunion:

TransUnion LLC
Consumer Disclosure Center
P.O. Box 1000
Chester, PA 19016

https://www.transunion.com/customer-support/faqs/credit-reports-and-disclosures

Equifax:

Disclosure Department,

P.O. Box 740241,

Atlanta, GA 30374

https://www.equifax.com/personal/education/credit/report/how-to-get-your-free-credit-report/

I hope this information helps people trying to get this proof. 

I just want to say thank you so much for that info I was just wondering why they ask for that without social and yes totally make sense! 

Thank you again :) 

11 minutes ago, Spookie said:

Nothing so far.

It's the same here. I sent a letter to Equifax and to Experian last week, but I didn't get any document yet. 

I sent a message to TransUnion profile on Facebook asking about the letter, and they replied to me:

Thank you for messaging the social care team at TransUnion. I sincerely apologize for the delay in response. Due to the recent increase in volume, we are working diligently to reach back out to you during this unprecedented time. Let’s get you the assistance you need!

I'm happy to have a letter sent indicating that you do not have a US TransUnion credit report! To allow me to start the process, please supply the information requested in the link provided below. Once received, I'll search for your credit report. If there is no report returned, a letter will be mailed to the address you provide.
-Max, @AskTU | United States

TransUnion Personal Information Link:
http://transu.co/6185G30Jd

I filled out their form with the same content of the sample letter on Friday. Let's see what happens.

Edited by MariMM

In case it helps anyone, I sent a letter via USPS Priority Express to all three agencies on June 18th.  I got a response from Experian yesterday.  Because I added my husband to my credit card a few months ago, he actually does have a credit report that they produced, even without a SSN.

On 6/29/2020 at 11:58 AM, MariMM said:

It's the same here. I sent a letter to Equifax and to Experian last week, but I didn't get any document yet. 

I sent a message to TransUnion profile on Facebook asking about the letter, and they replied to me:

Thank you for messaging the social care team at TransUnion. I sincerely apologize for the delay in response. Due to the recent increase in volume, we are working diligently to reach back out to you during this unprecedented time. Let’s get you the assistance you need!

I'm happy to have a letter sent indicating that you do not have a US TransUnion credit report! To allow me to start the process, please supply the information requested in the link provided below. Once received, I'll search for your credit report. If there is no report returned, a letter will be mailed to the address you provide.
-Max, @AskTU | United States

TransUnion Personal Information Link:
http://transu.co/6185G30Jd

I filled out their form with the same content of the sample letter on Friday. Let's see what happens.

Nevermind, I received two letters the same day I posted I didn't get anything lol.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.