Vbreezy

NVC stage civil documents.

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Beyonce and JZ said:

These people were ultimately denied. My point is the best answer should be to verify with NVC. Also, these embassies can ask for whatever they want. I saw a Pakistani case where the woman claimed she was asked for pictures of her previous marriage. 

The above is not anything like your original assertion.  Of course, ANYTHING can be asked for and there ARE country specific oddities like expiring birth certificates that are not accepted in Ghana.  Most "oddities" are specific to country or circumstance, OR only considered oddities because a person doesn't understand the reasoning.

1 minute ago, Beyonce and JZ said:

15 years experience is great however,  these rules change daily and one can no longer predict what documents will be required. These people were also asked why the child was not immigrating.  

Correct.  It was a special circumstance and that is a legitimate question.  Doesn't take a lot of "looking" to see that I stay current on these matters.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

2 hours ago, Beyonce and JZ said:

These people were ultimately denied. My point is the best answer should be to verify with NVC. Also, these embassies can ask for whatever they want. I saw a Pakistani case where the woman claimed she was asked for pictures of her previous marriage. 

That case was unusual and asked for after interview, not at the NVC.

Regardless where is this case where the person was asked for a child's birth certificate when the child was not immigrating.  

It's pushbrks job to stay on top of the process.  The demands don't change daily, and there is notification when they are changing. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 5/29/2020 at 6:03 AM, Beyonce and JZ said:

,.No you need to have the BC others have been asked for it recently even though the child was not immigrating

I did need to submit a copy of my daughter's BC because she currently lives in the household with me in the US, where my husband will live once he comes over.

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Beckybell said:

I did need to submit a copy of my daughter's BC because she currently lives in the household with me in the US, where my husband will live once he comes over.

All of our documents have been accepted but I am having problems with downloading the I-864. I got it compressed to right at 1.9 MB. Also I have a question about the new form; there is  suppose to be a bar code on it. Is this necessary? I don’t see a bar code. Also after everything is accepted, will they contact us or do we contact them? Thanks to anyone that may know and can answer. 

1 hour ago, Beckybell said:

That's weird. Were you specifically asked for this?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
9 minutes ago, NikLR said:

That's weird. Were you specifically asked for this?

Thank you for confirming this because someone asked about this and another member claimed it wasn't necessary 

8 minutes ago, Beyonce and JZ said:

Thank you for confirming this because someone asked about this and another member claimed it wasn't necessary 

It isn't required.  Its odd and unusual.  Thats why im asking why it was asked for or if it was just submitted without being specifically asked for. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Vbreezy said:

As the sponsor i'd submitted all necessary documents and it was all approved expect for the I-864 that was rejected twice. Can someone please advise me on the prerequisite to file this form correctly e.g is the bar-code on the I-864 necessary. 

Hence, how do we know if all the documents has been accepted i.e will NVC notify us after all forms has been filed correctly or notify us with the interview date. Better still, what's the next step going forward. 

Thank you.

Edited by Vbreezy

Timeline

I am having problems with uploading the I-864 correctly, I got all the pages compressed to 1.9 MB. However, is there suppose to be a bar code on it; i-864 as the bar code isn't visible.

Hence, after all documents for both petitioner and applicant is accepted, will NVC contact us that all forms has been accepted or just notify us with the interview date.Thanks you all. 

Timeline
Just now, Vbreezy said:

I am having problems with uploading the I-864 correctly, i got all the pages compressed to 1.9 MB. However, is there suppose to be a bar code on it; i-864 as the bar code isn't visible.

Hence, after all documents for both petitioner and applicant is accepted, will NVC contact us that all forms has been accepted or just notify us with the interview date.Thank you all. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Vbreezy said:

Hence, after all documents for both petitioner and applicant is accepted, will NVC contact us that all forms has been accepted or just notify us with the interview date.Thanks you all. 

I don't know about the bar code, but as far as the process,  after the NVC accepts all the forms you will be become Documentarily qualified (usually abbreviated to just DQ).   Once the embassies and consulates re-open you will receive the interview information.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Troy B said:

I don't know about the bar code, but as far as the process,  after the NVC accepts all the forms you will be become Documentarily qualified (usually abbreviated to just DQ).   Once the embassies and consulates re-open you will receive the interview information.

Thank you, the process; documentarily qualified (DQ) takes how long for us to be notified.

6 minutes ago, Troy B said:

Edited by Vbreezy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Vbreezy said:

Thank you, the process; documentarily qualified (DQ) takes how long for us to be notified.

I don't think there is clear answer to how long the process takes.   Per NVC Timeframes

they are still we are reviewing documents submitted to us on 14-FEB-2020.

Though per the IR-1 / CR-1 Spouse Visa Case Filing and Progress Reports forum,  some people from past that date have become DQ.

Edited by Troy B
correct reviewing date.

1 hour ago, Beckybell said:

We are using Boundless, they made the request. 

so you're using a visa service that is asking for things that aren't needed.  gotcha. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.