East Meets West

Let me know your thoughts (Oath ceremony)

5 posts in this topic

A lot of states are opening up for oath ceremony but with the restrictions of no guests allowed.

What do you guys think about not having any guests at your oath ceremony? 

My Timeline:

Citizenship

09/10/2019 - Submitted application online

09/11/2019 - USCIS received application

10/03/2019 - Biometric appointment

01/21/2020 - Interview scheduled

02/26/2020 - Interview Day

02/26/2020 - Approved

05/18/2020 - Oath ceremony scheduled

06/03/2020 - US Citizen! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

If there was a way to skip the whole ceremony thing and just send the certificate in the mail, I'm good with that. So, no guests is fine with me. I'll drop my wife off and have her text me when she has certificate in hand. I'm good with that. That's my opinion on it.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

• 10 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I'm completely bummed.  It has been a long, expensive, and frustrating journey and the no guests policy completely sucks.  I understand the concerns, but why not even a zoom session or posting a video of the ceremony after the event.  If the government is letting people at full capacity into restaurants now, I can't see having one masked, fully vaccinated, socially distanced spectator allowed per participant as being that much of a threat.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.