raj verma

cr1 and covid travel

18 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, raj verma said:

Hello all,

I am a US citizen and my wife is in india and she has a valid US cr1 visa which expires June 22. Can she be eligible to travel on repatration flight as she is exempt under trumps immigration ban? Please help!!!

She is exempt and eligible for repatriation.  You get to pay the government back for the cost of the flight.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I have a valid visa to the United States and am travelling in the company of a US Citizen Family Member.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I have a valid visa to the United States and am travelling in the company of a US Citizen Family Member.

But is OP traveling with his wife? Seems like it might be a requirement

• Who is eligible for a repatriation flight in addition to U.S. citizens?

U.S. citizens are eligible. Adult U.S. citizens may be accompanied by LPR members of their immediate households such as a spouse, unmarried minor child, or another person for whom the U.S. citizen is legally responsible, (such as a ward for whom the citizen is the legal guardian appointed by a court, or an elderly parent or parent-in-law).  U.S. citizen children may be accompanied by one LPR guardian. All non-U.S. citizen passengers must possess a valid proof of legal permanent residency (e.g., a green card.) Nannies or household employees cannot be included on repatriation flights.

https://in.usembassy.gov/repatriation-flight-faqs/

Edited by designguy

1 hour ago, raj verma said:

But i dont know which category i am allowed to select for her. See the pic attached.

Screenshot_20200519-111012_Samsung Internet.jpg

Based on that form it doesn't appear that they are allowing visa holders to travel alone.  I am aware of other embassies that allowed it.   Have you reached out to the American Citizen Services (ACS) email for the embassy?

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
11 hours ago, Paul & Mary said:

Based on that form it doesn't appear that they are allowing visa holders to travel alone.  I am aware of other embassies that allowed it.   Have you reached out to the American Citizen Services (ACS) email for the embassy?

This is about Repatriation Flights, normal flights would be different.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

She doesn’t qualify for a repatriation flight as she doesn’t already live here. But she does qualify to board a regular commercial flight, if you can find one between now and June 22. You may need to be creative with the routing.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

23 hours ago, raj verma said:

Hello all,

I am a US citizen and my wife is in india and she has a valid US cr1 visa which expires June 22. Can she be eligible to travel on repatration flight as she is exempt under trumps immigration ban? Please help!!!

Please read my experience, make sure she enters through one of the 13 POE's where the screening can take place or she will be sent back x

wpid-1030ldr.gif

3 minutes ago, jennywhite421 said:

Please read my experience, make sure she enters through one of the 13 POE's where the screening can take place or she will be sent back x

Hello, thank you so much for posting this :) though my only question would be was this your first time going to the US? Meaning ur first entry after marriage? 

1 minute ago, raj verma said:

Hello, thank you so much for posting this :) though my only question would be was this your first time going to the US? Meaning ur first entry after marriage? 

Yes it was, I travelled on the CR1 visa, first entry. I went through Newark and the CDC screened me. I quarantined for 14 days. Do this, my husband didn't want me being a poster child for not allowing immigration so I was confined to our house and garden lol.

I posted the 13 airports on here somewhere! She must enter the US through one of these. Then domestic travel is pretty straight forward. I keep stressing how important that is! 

I'll follow up when I find the list of airports. I know some are Newark, JFK, Houston, Seattle, Chicago O Hara for now

wpid-1030ldr.gif

8 minutes ago, raj verma said:

Here are the Points of Entry you MUST travel through right now:

• Boston-Logan International Airport (BOS), Massachusetts
  • Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD), Illinois
  • Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW), Texas
  • Detroit Metropolitan Airport (DTW), Michigan
  • Daniel K. Inouye International Airport (HNL), Hawaii
  • Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL), Georgia
  • John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), New York
  • Los Angeles International Airport, (LAX), California
  • Miami International Airport (MIA), Florida
  • Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR), New Jersey
  • San Francisco International Airport (SFO), California
  • Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA), Washington
  • Washington-Dulles International Airport (IAD), Virginia

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2020/03/17/fact-sheet-dhs-notice-arrival-restrictions-china-iran-and-certain-countries-europe

wpid-1030ldr.gif

5 minutes ago, jennywhite421 said:

Yes it was, I travelled on the CR1 visa, first entry. I went through Newark and the CDC screened me. I quarantined for 14 days. Do this, my husband didn't want me being a poster child for not allowing immigration so I was confined to our house and garden lol.

I posted the 13 airports on here somewhere! She must enter the US through one of these. Then domestic travel is pretty straight forward. I keep stressing how important that is! 

I'll follow up when I find the list of airports. I know some are Newark, JFK, Houston, Seattle, Chicago O Hara for now

Oh ok, yeah i am in chicago so that wouldnt be a problem for entry.. but the only problem is, I am not sure how my wife will travel out of india as commercial flights are not operating and she isnt eligible for the repatration flights. Thats the reason of this whole stress lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.