baddi

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

13 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I have received below note on April 14, 2020 but interview notice hasn't been sent yet. Can anyone please tell me how long before an interview does USCIS notify applicant ?

As of April 14, 2020, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxxx, for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
9 minutes ago, baddi said:

Hi All,

I have received below note on April 14, 2020 but interview notice hasn't been sent yet. Can anyone please tell me how long before an interview does USCIS notify applicant ?

As of April 14, 2020, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxxx, for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

This update only means your paperwork was fine, and not that an interview was actually scheduled. Interview waiting time depends on local office. It can come in 1 day, it can come in 2 years.

When the interview is actually scheduled, then the status is gonna update to "Interview was Scheduled". The notice usually comes 4 to 6 weeks before the interview.

I got this exact same message on the website, but still nothing in the mail, but it's only been a few days. Did you get any other updates on the travel document or work authorization, etc? Because for those, the message says it's still processing/fingerprints were added, which I find weird, because I thought those would be updated/granted  first, BEFORE the form I-485? 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, EvaYogiBear said:

I got this exact same message on the website, but still nothing in the mail, but it's only been a few days. Did you get any other updates on the travel document or work authorization, etc? Because for those, the message says it's still processing/fingerprints were added, which I find weird, because I thought those would be updated/granted  first, BEFORE the form I-485? 

You're not gonna get anything in the mail. Your interview is not scheduled yet. Your status needs to change to "Interview was Scheduled" first before receiving the letter.

Just now, Ayrton said:

You're not gonna get anything in the mail. Your interview is not scheduled yet. Your status needs to change to "Interview was Scheduled" first before receiving the letter.

Hi Ayrton, 

Yes, I saw your previous response, thanks! Gotta wait for that part then....but my question was actually about the travel document and work authorization, as I thought I would get a notice about that first, before I hearing anything about the interview, so that's why I'm a bit confused...

Timeline
Just now, EvaYogiBear said:

Hi Ayrton, 

Yes, I saw your previous response, thanks! Gotta wait for that part then....but my question was actually about the travel document and work authorization, as I thought I would get a notice about that first, before I hearing anything about the interview, so that's why I'm a bit confused...

There's no pattern to that. If your local office is super fast, you will get an interview before EAD and AP. If your local office is really busy, you might wait years for an interview. 

Remember you still didn't hear anything about your interview. That status just means the paperwork you submitted was okay.

Thanks for your response Ayrton.

Hi Eva,

In my case travel card and work permit both were issued together a month before an update on I-485. USCIS has issued a combo card for a period of 1 year.

Also, just today USCIS has responded to my online query on I-485 requesting to expect delays due to COVID-19.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My status has been showing ready for interview since Feb 9, received my EAD/AP end of February, but zero news on interview. I'm out of the Jacksonville office which is usually fast but I'm not expecting to see an interview date until a while after the office reopens to the public (currently June 4). I would definitely mentally prepare for a longer than usual wait because of covid-19. I did some digging around on here pre-covid and it seemed they usually sent notice about 3-4 weeks before the date. 

Edited by Buster & Hitch
Added info

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Dominica
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Buster & Hitch said:

My status has been showing ready for interview since Feb 9, received my EAD/AP end of February, but zero news on interview. I'm out of the Jacksonville office which is usually fast but I'm not expecting to see an interview date until a while after the office reopens to the public (currently June 4). I would definitely mentally prepare for a longer than usual wait because of covid-19. I did some digging around on here pre-covid and it seemed they usually sent notice about 3-4 weeks before the date. 

Our local office is also Jacksonville Fl, our priority date is April 27th. How long did it take for you to get EAD/AP?

On 5/12/2020 at 7:36 PM, baddi said:

Thanks for your response Ayrton.

Hi Eva,

In my case travel card and work permit both were issued together a month before an update on I-485. USCIS has issued a combo card for a period of 1 year.

Also, just today USCIS has responded to my online query on I-485 requesting to expect delays due to COVID-19.

Thanks Baddi!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 5/14/2020 at 10:06 AM, malajoe said:

Our local office is also Jacksonville Fl, our priority date is April 27th. How long did it take for you to get EAD/AP?

Only 2.5 months! Closer to three months by the time I got the card in the mail. I would definitely expect something slower now though that offices are closed and staff are working from home. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Dominica
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Buster & Hitch said:

Only 2.5 months! Closer to three months by the time I got the card in the mail. I would definitely expect something slower now though that offices are closed and staff are working from home. 

sweet. yes i def expect a wait. Hopefully they open back early June so we can get the ball rolling again.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.