Nate_US_Luke_UK

USCIS I-130 Sent To Wrong Service Centre

11 posts in this topic

Hi guys. My spouse  & I (a US Citizen) are feeling pretty helpless right now. We found out that our case is actually being processed in California (all of our files said Texas). We noticed that a lot of people who filed after us were being approved so we called to enquire. USCIS basically told us that an error has been made because CA don't process I-130's for spouses of US citizens(?). The agent on the phone sent a message to the California Service Centre to alert them of the situation. We were told that our case would likely be moved. But, no. We received a generic reply from the CA service centre saying that they have our case and it should be processed in 6 months (Keep in mind we filed in Sept 2019 so have already waited 8 months). I was born in the US, lived here my entire life. Any ideas of what we can do? We feel like we're stuck in an endless pit of no progress. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Nate_US_Luke_UK said:

Hi guys. My spouse  & I (a US Citizen) are feeling pretty helpless right now. We found out that our case is actually being processed in California (all of our files said Texas). We noticed that a lot of people who filed after us were being approved so we called to enquire. USCIS basically told us that an error has been made because CA don't process I-130's for spouses of US citizens(?). The agent on the phone sent a message to the California Service Centre to alert them of the situation. We were told that our case would likely be moved. But, no. We received a generic reply from the CA service centre saying that they have our case and it should be processed in 6 months (Keep in mind we filed in Sept 2019 so have already waited 8 months). I was born in the US, lived here my entire life. Any ideas of what we can do? We feel like we're stuck in an endless pit of no progress. 

California definitely is processing spousal visa a lot was transferred in feb including mines that agent doesn’t know what their talking about. Time frame to process is around 6-8 months. Put in an inquiry 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

We don't call it "The Misinformation Line" for nothing.  You're in a black hole.  It will come out of the hole when it comes out.  That's just how it works.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

1 minute ago, Steffy Stef said:

California definitely is processing spousal visa a lot was transferred in feb including mines that agent doesn’t know what their talking about. Time frame to process is around 6-8 months. Put in an inquiry 

Thanks for responding! Did you receive a NOA or any type of notice that your case was being transferred? We didn't know anything. The agent seemed pretty sure that CA only processes Spousal Visas for US Permanent Residents and not US Citizens.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Nate_US_Luke_UK said:

Thanks for responding! Did you receive a NOA or any type of notice that your case was being transferred? We didn't know anything. The agent seemed pretty sure that CA only processes Spousal Visas for US Permanent Residents and not US Citizens.

No I didn’t receive anything at all. I seen everyone talking about the date change so I look and mine changed feb 23 and I contact them and found out I was transferred from Nebraska to California. I received an rfe from California on April 16. It’s a Facebook page for it as well I can send the link. 

F1E22DB3-9E2A-44CF-B162-004D48CFA261.png

Timeline
14 hours ago, Nate_US_Luke_UK said:

Idk if you’re still worried but this from the Facebook group 

068C61DB-91D8-4CFB-A9DF-31E4FC9AE92C.png

The misinformation line strikes again.  

Once upon a time California and Vermont were the two main processing sites for I-130s.  In fact you knew which center you'd end up at based on your state.  

Then the process was turned upside down with the NBC starting all the processing.  That was a weird time.  Local offices started processing and some people had approvals in 1 month, others waited over a year.  Then they tried nore centralization. 

Now they start somewhere and move them around if the workload is too high at one location. Dont worry about it too much. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

2 hours ago, NikLR said:

The misinformation line strikes again.  

Once upon a time California and Vermont were the two main processing sites for I-130s.  In fact you knew which center you'd end up at based on your state.  

Then the process was turned upside down with the NBC starting all the processing.  That was a weird time.  Local offices started processing and some people had approvals in 1 month, others waited over a year.  Then they tried nore centralization. 

Now they start somewhere and move them around if the workload is too high at one location. Dont worry about it too much. 

Thanks for the info! I'm just shocked that our case was moved but we had no idea. We were under the impression that we would receive some sort of notice.

2 hours ago, Steffy Stef said:

Idk if you’re still worried but this from the Facebook group 

068C61DB-91D8-4CFB-A9DF-31E4FC9AE92C.png

Wow! I need to join this group. What I wish we knew was the exact info this lucky person laid out above. We have no idea when our case was transferred. Thank you for sending though!

Uscis entered both my name and email address wrong. They're not careful.

My wifes case was Transferred from Nebraska to California on April 1st and got approved last week. NOA2 list the California service center as the place it was processed. The agent you spoke to is clueless.

Edited by TVC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.