Scandi

N-400 May 2020 filers

1,930 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline
On 2/9/2022 at 12:43 PM, AH2020 said:

Hi everyone,

I had my interview in San Diego this morning and they did the Oath ceremony right afterwards. I am so glad this is finally over.

The interview was very quick and painless. The questions they asked me were:

1.      Where is the statute of liberty?

2.      What did the Emancipation Proclamation do?

3.      What is one power of the federal government?

4.      Who is our founding father?

5.      Who was the first president?

6.      Name one state that borders Canada

Then we went through my application. The interview took about 20 minutes. Afterwards I went up one floor and took the oath with about 10 other people in the room. That took less than 5 minutes. Overall, I was in the building for a little over an hour. Now on to getting a passport.

For those of you still waiting, I would definitely recommend filing a FOIA request. There is no guarantee that it will get you an interview quicker, but it helped so many of us now and it does not hurt your case.

Anyway, here is my timeline:
04/20/2020: N400 submitted
03/24/2021: Biometrics done
12/10/2021: Filed FOIA
01/03/2022: FOIA reached step 3
01/06/2022: Interview notice
02/09/2022: Interview and Oath

Good Luck everyone!!

Congrats! Was your FOIA ever completed? Mine went to phase 5 but they haven't sent me my documents yet. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
4 hours ago, keyuree1 said:

Congrats! Was your FOIA ever completed? Mine went to phase 5 but they haven't sent me my documents yet. 

Yes, my FOIA was completed on 1/31 and my file showed up in the document library at first.uscis.gov 

Oh my God, I want to cry why I didn’t find this thread earlier. I never searched on Visa journey before (duh) 

I filed on 3/30/2020 and been stuck forever 

- many many call to USCIS call Center - useless. These people are basically paid just to look at your profile at their end and tell you information you already can see online. Useless 

- 5 service requests including 3 tier 2 officers  - useless. One of them actually promised from July 2021 that I will get Interview lol

- many emails through the inbox (one of them renting how bad is USCIS) - useless 

- congresswoman - useless 

- senator - didn’t even reply useless 

- Ombudsmen - last week told me they closed the case because they can’t help me since the files are stuck at NRC- useless 

- luckily I read about FOIA before a couple of months and finally filed it on 1/14/2022. I wish I knew about this thread before I would have done it earlier. 

now problem I got an email on Wednesday 2/9/2022 that they took an action on my case but when I login I see nothing. No update no documents nothing. FOIA still on step 3 

anybody have same experience or know what does it mean?

Thanks 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline
8 hours ago, Trigmo said:

Oh my God, I want to cry why I didn’t find this thread earlier. I never searched on Visa journey before (duh) 

I filed on 3/30/2020 and been stuck forever 

- many many call to USCIS call Center - useless. These people are basically paid just to look at your profile at their end and tell you information you already can see online. Useless 

- 5 service requests including 3 tier 2 officers  - useless. One of them actually promised from July 2021 that I will get Interview lol

- many emails through the inbox (one of them renting how bad is USCIS) - useless 

- congresswoman - useless 

- senator - didn’t even reply useless 

- Ombudsmen - last week told me they closed the case because they can’t help me since the files are stuck at NRC- useless 

- luckily I read about FOIA before a couple of months and finally filed it on 1/14/2022. I wish I knew about this thread before I would have done it earlier. 

now problem I got an email on Wednesday 2/9/2022 that they took an action on my case but when I login I see nothing. No update no documents nothing. FOIA still on step 3 

anybody have same experience or know what does it mean?

Thanks 

Hi. Yes, it is very frustrating. I filed FOIA 12/12/2021 and received interview notice 1/18/2022. For some people it took less. I didn't think it's going to work but it did. I still can't relax because I'm terrified that the interview will get canceled or they won't actually have my file. I cannot wait to be done with this ordeal. 

hi everyone, my case says online

"Estimated time* until case decision: approx. 6 days"

but i didn't receive any interview date or anything after biometrics.

have i missed a letter? what does this "6day mean"? i just don't want to miss an interview or anything like that without knowing.

thanks if anyone can help.

All - Both I and Wife completed our interview on 2/12; Below are the timeline, the whole process took about 20 mins. 

N400: April,2020

FOIA applied: Dec, 2021

Interview : Feb 12, 2022

Oath: To be Scheduled, Officer says it will be in next 2 weeks or so.

Office: Dallas

Thanks everyone for helping us throughout this process

2 hours ago, keyuree1 said:

Hi. Yes, it is very frustrating. I filed FOIA 12/12/2021 and received interview notice 1/18/2022. For some people it took less. I didn't think it's going to work but it did. I still can't relax because I'm terrified that the interview will get canceled or they won't actually have my file. I cannot wait to be done with this ordeal. 

This ordeal took a toll on my mental health before I knew there was so many people stuck like me from that period (Spring 2020). I was going crazy thinking why was my application delayed. It will be a relief after we are done with this. Hopefully you won’t be delayed anymore and it will go smooth 

2 hours ago, Guido51 said:

hi everyone, my case says online

"Estimated time* until case decision: approx. 6 days"

but i didn't receive any interview date or anything after biometrics.

have i missed a letter? what does this "6day mean"? i just don't want to miss an interview or anything like that without knowing.

thanks if anyone can help.

To me, this estimated time didn’t mean anything. I had a couple of them in 2021 run down to zero and reset. I’m still waiting in 2022 but I applied in the spring of 2020 and it turned out to be a whole bunch of people whose A-files were held at a location in Kansas and that caused the application to be delayed 

1 hour ago, April202Filer said:

All - Both I and Wife completed our interview on 2/12; Below are the timeline, the whole process took about 20 mins. 

N400: April,2020

FOIA applied: Dec, 2021

Interview : Feb 12, 2022

Oath: To be Scheduled, Officer says it will be in next 2 weeks or so.

Office: Dallas

Thanks everyone for helping us throughout this process

Congrats 🥳 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
7 hours ago, Trigmo said:

I have the same. I think there’s a problem in their system 

Yup, weekends is mostly when organizations update their computer systems / make backups etc. It should be back online by Monday if it's not back up already.

Spoiler

Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up soon? Please join here: >> Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up.

01/2016: Petition filed for my visa
02/2016: USCIS confirmed receiving our file/petition on 1st Feb.
04/2016: I-130 Approval email received from DHS towards early May, our case was approved end of April. 
03/2017: Paid AoS and IV Bill
03/2017: Sent AoS and IV Packages via mail.
04/2017: 5th day of April, NVC received package. Can take up to 11 weeks for CC according to nvc.

06/2017: 6th day of June, Case Completed - confirmed via phone

07/2017: Interviewed end of July 2017.

>> Passport with Visa received the next day of interview 

8/2017: POE via JFK

05/2020: N400 Filed

06/2021: Biometrics taken

02/2022: Interview Scheduled (Yes, after 22 months -.- )

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
7 hours ago, Jayshark0107 said:

Hi, i still have pending I751 aug2020 🥺 and filed n400 july2021.. do u can i could file Foai also like you guys did? Thank you so much.. its just actively reviewing since july24 2021..

Anyone can file an FOIA. 

Lover and hubby to 1, Daddy to 2. I do enjoy growing older but not growing up.

A filthy, dirty oilfield engineer.

N400 through marriage to another filthy dirty oilfield engineer.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.