Scandi

N-400 May 2020 filers

1,930 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Kuwait
Timeline
4 hours ago, April202Filer said:

Did you find the documents? Just few minutes back, mine also completed, but I don't find the document in the library. Is it an timing? should I wait until tomorrow? Pls advise! Between my wife is still in step 2.

Did you find the documents? Just few minutes back, mine also completed, but I don't find the document in the library. Is it an timing? should I wait until tomorrow? Pls advise! Between my wife is still in step 2.

Nope..no documents yet.. definitely has to do with my tenure in the US over two decades

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
18 hours ago, STurcotte77 said:

If you are still waiting, I would suggest you do.  It costs nothing and can't hurt, I would also suggest contacting your congressman/woman and senators as well.  

The FOIA is kind of an unknown but there is a good handful of us that have received interviews after filing one. 

Might be the next course of action to take. I'm getting close to 2 years and I have no clue if I'll be getting anywhere by that mark *sigh*

Is there a break down in this thread on how to file one? It looks like quite a few have. A little help would be appreciated. 😊

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, magentahaze said:

Might be the next course of action to take. I'm getting close to 2 years and I have no clue if I'll be getting anywhere by that mark *sigh*

Is there a break down in this thread on how to file one? It looks like quite a few have. A little help would be appreciated. 😊

Hi Magen, 

Here is the link to the FB group that has the instructions; https://www.facebook.com/groups/517983782770173/

The top post has the link and instructions.  There have been a couple more people who have gotten their interviews since filing the FOIA (all have different timelines). 

I would also suggest once you get to step two of the FOIA to contact your congressman/woman for assistance.  There isn't really enough data to know for sure but three of us who did the combo of the two have gotten interview dates.  I hope that helps and I am happy to help if you get stuck. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline

I contacted the senator's office for assistance but by that time my interview was scheduled. It didn't seem to do anything for other people. I don't think the senator's office has any power over USCIS. Plus, the NARA is the culprit here. The field office can't move forward with the case until they receive the file from NARA. And they don't have power over NARA either. I firmly believe in FOIA. 

Edited by keyuree1

Timeline
5 minutes ago, keyuree1 said:

I contacted the senator's office for assistance but by that time my interview was scheduled. It didn't seem to do anything for other people. I don't think the senator's office has any power over USCIS. Plus, the NARA is the culprit here. The field office can't move forward with the case until they receive the file from NARA. And they don't have power over NARA either. I firmly believe in FOIA. 

Yeah!  Neither of my senators did anything for me either. 

However, my Congresswoman's office was able to actually get some answers and were actually calling and emailing me after my request to them.  I heard from them when my FOIA was in progress  and said my  file was in queue for an interview. I got my interview two days after that email and 6 days after my FOIA was in Step 3. 

Timeline

I wanted to add in case there are people not on the FB Spring Filers group! But just today three people in different stages of FOIA from Step 3- Step 5 (completed) got interview dates.   I really think it does help get the file out of the caves at least and then it's up to the local offices workload for the interview date.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Guys, I got my interview notification but I'm confused about this part. 

Basically I'll be travelling from abroad to the US just a few days before the interview. And I'm fully vaccinated but does this paragraph mean I have to reschedule interview?

"However, if you are ill, have any symptoms of illness, have returned from domestic, international, or cruise ship travel within the past 10 days (unless
you are fully vaccinated); have been instructed to self-isolate or self-quarantine in the past 14 days, or had close contact with anyone known to have COVID-19 within the past 14 days (unless you are fully vaccinated or you are a health care worker and consistently wear an N95 respirator and proper personal protective equipment (PPE) or equivalent when in contact with COVID-19 positive individuals); or are at heightened risk due to age or an underlying health condition and would like to reschedule your appointment, call the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283 (TTY 1-800-767-1833) as soon as possible to reschedule your appointment. There is no penalty for requesting that your appointment be rescheduled. Being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 is defined as at least 2 weeks after the second dose of Pfizer and Moderna vaccine, or 2 weeks after the single J&J vaccine."

Spoiler

Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up soon? Please join here: >> Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up.

01/2016: Petition filed for my visa
02/2016: USCIS confirmed receiving our file/petition on 1st Feb.
04/2016: I-130 Approval email received from DHS towards early May, our case was approved end of April. 
03/2017: Paid AoS and IV Bill
03/2017: Sent AoS and IV Packages via mail.
04/2017: 5th day of April, NVC received package. Can take up to 11 weeks for CC according to nvc.

06/2017: 6th day of June, Case Completed - confirmed via phone

07/2017: Interviewed end of July 2017.

>> Passport with Visa received the next day of interview 

8/2017: POE via JFK

05/2020: N400 Filed

06/2021: Biometrics taken

02/2022: Interview Scheduled (Yes, after 22 months -.- )

Timeline
27 minutes ago, abfar said:

Guys, I got my interview notification but I'm confused about this part. 

Basically I'll be travelling from abroad to the US just a few days before the interview. And I'm fully vaccinated but does this paragraph mean I have to reschedule interview?

"However, if you are ill, have any symptoms of illness, have returned from domestic, international, or cruise ship travel within the past 10 days (unless
you are fully vaccinated); have been instructed to self-isolate or self-quarantine in the past 14 days, or had close contact with anyone known to have COVID-19 within the past 14 days (unless you are fully vaccinated or you are a health care worker and consistently wear an N95 respirator and proper personal protective equipment (PPE) or equivalent when in contact with COVID-19 positive individuals); or are at heightened risk due to age or an underlying health condition and would like to reschedule your appointment, call the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283 (TTY 1-800-767-1833) as soon as possible to reschedule your appointment. There is no penalty for requesting that your appointment be rescheduled. Being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 is defined as at least 2 weeks after the second dose of Pfizer and Moderna vaccine, or 2 weeks after the single J&J vaccine."

Hmmm. It says "unless fully vaccinated" so I think you will be fine. 

you are fully vaccinated)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
20 hours ago, STurcotte77 said:

Hi Magen, 

Here is the link to the FB group that has the instructions; https://www.facebook.com/groups/517983782770173/

The top post has the link and instructions.  There have been a couple more people who have gotten their interviews since filing the FOIA (all have different timelines). 

I would also suggest once you get to step two of the FOIA to contact your congressman/woman for assistance.  There isn't really enough data to know for sure but three of us who did the combo of the two have gotten interview dates.  I hope that helps and I am happy to help if you get stuck. 

Wonderful! I will be sure to join the group. 

That will be my next step then. I'm just at the point now where I'll do anything to just be finished. 

I will for sure reach out if I need any help. I appreciate it. 

Timeline
26 minutes ago, MKT3121 said:

So this morning I got a text telling me that they have taken action on my case. I logged in excited only to be met with this message.

302E4AB6-47AA-4D16-8C38-7AD0EB1FA20B.jpeg

04C6BEFA-73C9-4F78-AC48-8ECBB8317661.jpeg

I'm confused. Did they schedule your interview and then they canceled it? 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, MKT3121 said:

Yes. All in the same day. I don’t know what’s going on.

That is strange. I wonder if they made a mistake and canceled it right away. I think it's a good sign. Maybe you get a notice soon. Fingers crossed. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.