Scandi

N-400 May 2020 filers

1,930 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I received this yesterday from my congresswoman’s office. It’s the first time I’m getting a response other than “your files are stuck”.   I am trying to be positive and take it as a good sign and hopefully not another excuse.   Being cautiously optimistic! 
On that note my FOIA went to step three on Saturday.  

24E7AC3F-F883-45F4-B6C2-B39BC8795C86.jpeg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 1/29/2022 at 11:13 AM, MKT3121 said:

My FOIA is complete. No interview though. This is so frustrating.

Same here. FOIA jumped from step 3 to step 5 complete this morning. Nothing in the documents tab. No interview either.

Timeline
43 minutes ago, STurcotte77 said:

I received this yesterday from my congresswoman’s office. It’s the first time I’m getting a response other than “your files are stuck”.   I am trying to be positive and take it as a good sign and hopefully not another excuse.   Being cautiously optimistic! 

I do want to add that this is the 2nd time I have contacted them, the first email in October was this:  "USCIS is reviewing this case to resolve preprocessing checks. The time range for completing this task cannot be determined. A request for evidence has not been submitted for this case. However USCIS will send notification to the address of record if a response is required. Please refer your constituent to the USCIS website www.uscis.gov/addresschange to provide the new mailing address.
USCIS is committed to adjudicating immigration benefits in a timely and efficient manner while also ensuring public safety, national security and compliance with all relevant directives.
While the processing steps for most applications or petitions are completed quickly, a small percentage of cases involve unresolved issues that may result in adjudication delays"

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Rn400 said:

Ok thanks for update . I was so frustrated that I never bothered to contact congressmen and Ombudsman anytime . My mistake . I will reach out to them.

I totally get it! I am just going to keep putting in requests with everyone even after their responses and hopefully annoy them to the point they do something.  Squeaky wheel gets the oil! 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
15 minutes ago, April202Filer said:

When did your's status move from Step 2 to Step 3?

Mine below - Applied 12/14

Stage 2 - 12/27 - still in step 2

it was around 01/20 that it moved to step 3

Filed: Other Country: Kuwait
Timeline
3 hours ago, STurcotte77 said:

This is great news!! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

My FOIA was completed today and the files are available in my account. My interview is next week. 

My timeline:

N400 submitted: 04/20/2020

Biometrics: 03/24/2021

FOIA submitted: 12/10/2021

FOIA Step 3: 01/03/2022

Interview notice received: 01/06/2022

FOIA Step 5 completed: 01/31/2022

Interview: 02/09/2022

Timeline
16 minutes ago, AH2020 said:

My FOIA was completed today and the files are available in my account. My interview is next week. 

My timeline:

N400 submitted: 04/20/2020

Biometrics: 03/24/2021

FOIA submitted: 12/10/2021

FOIA Step 3: 01/03/2022

Interview notice received: 01/06/2022

FOIA Step 5 completed: 01/31/2022

Interview: 02/09/2022

Congratulations!!!   Woo hoo.  

Filed: Other Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Here's an Interesting question: My spouse has her interview next week .I will have mine the week after.

Assuming she gets through her process , when I go for my interview, I'm wondering if I need to carry her naturalization certificate/ would a copy suffice ? Trying to get her passport application in as soon as her oath is done.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.