Scandi

N-400 May 2020 filers

1,930 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, MSS2021 said:

It seems like things have started to move now. I just logged in to my USCIS account and saw that my interview has been scheduled! After 20 long months of wait. I am not sure what worked here. I had filed FOIA on December 12th. It moved to step 3 about 12-15 days back and today I got the interview notice. But I should also add that I had reached out to the senators, congressman and the ombudsman in November, and just yesterday I got a reply from Ombudsman saying that they reached out to the USCIS on my behalf. 

So I am not sure which was it, but my bet is on the FOIA to get the ball rolling! Hang tight guys and file the FOIA if you haven't already. 

Great News.. Congratulations !!! When is your interview scheduled and which location ?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
22 minutes ago, MSS2021 said:

It seems like things have started to move now. I just logged in to my USCIS account and saw that my interview has been scheduled! After 20 long months of wait. I am not sure what worked here. I had filed FOIA on December 12th. It moved to step 3 about 12-15 days back and today I got the interview notice. But I should also add that I had reached out to the senators, congressman and the ombudsman in November, and just yesterday I got a reply from Ombudsman saying that they reached out to the USCIS on my behalf. 

So I am not sure which was it, but my bet is on the FOIA to get the ball rolling! Hang tight guys and file the FOIA if you haven't already. 

Awesome, congrats!! 

Filed: Other Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Let the positive news keep raining! Congratulations! @MSS2021...has your case moved to Step 4  and also is your case now out of processing time?

Edited by roddie2k

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, rams_usa said:

Great News.. Congratulations !!! When is your interview scheduled and which location ?

Thank you so much! Interview on January 27th in Buffalo, NY. 

1 hour ago, roddie2k said:

Let the positive news keep raining! Congratulations! @MSS2021...has your case moved to Step 4  and also is your case now out of processing time?

Thank you. No my FOIA is still in step 3 with a completion dare of 2/3/2022. My case has been out of normal processing time for more than 6 months now. 

Hi All. I requested FOIA ( month back) and also contacted congressmen( 2 days back) . I was wondering if below link

is the online  form to fill to contact ombudsman? https://www.dhs.gov/topic/cis-ombudsman/forms/7001

Let me know folks this 13 section form is the way to go  . Like everyone I am doing whatever I can do to trigger interview . thanks 

I filed an FOIA request yesterday and when I tried to check the status today, the USCIS website told me I need to register my request, and to do that I need to enter the tracking number (which I have) and the PIN (which I don’t). What is the PIN, and also what is the “USCIS acknowledgement letter sent via mail” that this PIN is supposedly on? I don’t remember getting such a letter. Does that mean they mailed me one after I submitted the request and I’m supposed to be getting it soon? Or, is it something I’m already supposed to have received? Can anyone help me understand how I can track the status of my FOIA request?

Thanks. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Hi All,

I hope this finds you well.

This morning I had my Naturalization Interview at the Washington DC USCIS Field Office.

Everything went well:

• Virtual interview with the officer
  • Answered correctly 6 civic questions (IO stopped as expected)
  • Took both oral and written test ... using the iPad to write the sentences is a bit disturbing and I made a mistake.
  • Questions about my willingness to adhere with the USA constitutions, etc.
  • Yes/No questions regarding the section 12 of my application
  • Asked 1-2 questions on my application
  • Print out of my interview result (Approved 🍾)
  • Now I am waiting the date for the Oath Ceremony :) 🍾

I arrived at the field office at 9am (I started my interview around 920am- scheduled at 930am, and I was out at 945am).

Good luck to everyone!!!!!

Edited by negmatic

Timeline
2 hours ago, Labradoodle said:

I filed an FOIA request yesterday and when I tried to check the status today, the USCIS website told me I need to register my request, and to do that I need to enter the tracking number (which I have) and the PIN (which I don’t). What is the PIN, and also what is the “USCIS acknowledgement letter sent via mail” that this PIN is supposedly on? I don’t remember getting such a letter. Does that mean they mailed me one after I submitted the request and I’m supposed to be getting it soon? Or, is it something I’m already supposed to have received? Can anyone help me understand how I can track the status of my FOIA request?

Thanks. 

You don't need the PIN and you also don't need to register your request. Just say no to the pop up about the registration and you can click on your request and get the status. Re Acknowledgement letter, I received that about 2 weeks after filing the request, its just a formal acknowledgement that they received the request and which track is was put on for processing. Hope this helps and good luck. 

1 hour ago, AH2020 said:

You don't need the PIN and you also don't need to register your request. Just say no to the pop up about the registration and you can click on your request and get the status. Re Acknowledgement letter, I received that about 2 weeks after filing the request, its just a formal acknowledgement that they received the request and which track is was put on for processing. Hope this helps and good luck. 

Ok, thanks!

Filed: Other Country: Kuwait
Timeline
On 1/4/2022 at 10:39 AM, roddie2k said:

I believe in a few days we will know for sure if the FOIA strategy works ..since the person who reported it first mentioned that he received the notification for interview 10 days after getting to stage 3 ...and many of you are now in Stage 3..Regardless if you manage to get the A-file in your inbox by the estimated completion date -then there is nothing stopping USCIS from scheduling your interview. Hang in there guys!

Happy to inform that my spouse has received an interview request for FO Newark,NJ for Feb 7th . I am still waiting to hear on mine.

It may be noted that we both did the FOIA request on the same day , however her case moved a few days earlier to Step 3  than mine did. 

13 minutes ago, roddie2k said:

Happy to inform that my spouse has received an interview request for FO Newark,NJ for Feb 7th . I am still waiting to hear on mine.

It may be noted that we both did the FOIA request on the same day , however her case moved a few days earlier to Step 3  than mine did. 

Great News.. Congrats.. Do you know when your wife's FOIA request moved to Step 3 ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, roddie2k said:

That is great news! Congrats.

Yeah, mine is still stuck on 3 since Dec 23.  Fingers Crossed for us all. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, roddie2k said:

That is fantastic news. Looks like the FOIA thing is really starting to move things. I am so thankful to user Sam713 for sharing his experience. I would have never thought of doing a FOIA request otherwise. Really hoping everyone else on here still waiting will get their interview soon. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.