1,612 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jeff and Mei said:

Well this FRC thing is a new one on me.  How did you find out about it?

At first from Reddit but then I started to specifically look for threads about it and people are finally getting an explanation as to why it’s stuck! 
check out this link too: n400 and AOS filers are both concerned.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Ally&Axel said:

At first from Reddit but then I started to specifically look for threads about it and people are finally getting an explanation as to why it’s stuck! 
check out this link too: n400 and AOS filers are both concerned.

Yeah I have seen this issue happen to several people in the citizenship threads, makes sense that it happens to other applications too and not just the N-400. This is not acceptable, the cases are sitting there not being worked on, just collecting dust for no reason. Most other instances in society are back up and running since many months back, no reason for this place to still be shut down. 

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline
5 hours ago, Scandi said:

Yeah I have seen this issue happen to several people in the citizenship threads, makes sense that it happens to other applications too and not just the N-400. This is not acceptable, the cases are sitting there not being worked on, just collecting dust for no reason. Most other instances in society are back up and running since many months back, no reason for this place to still be shut down. 

Yes and there’s a lot more people that are affected. Apparently something like 500000 veterans are also waiting for their files for some benefits reasons.

you would think they would feel a sense of urgency and reopen like any other business has been.

man I hate everything about this process.

On 10/26/2021 at 8:27 AM, PatSquared said:

Thank you so much! We contacted our congressperson in the Dallas area and Sen. Cornyn weeks prior to my husband’s EAD/AP expiration, but their efforts only resulted in a standard response from USCIS saying that we are still within processing time, blah, blah… would love to know if your able to get your case to progress!

Hi!! Were you guys able to receive a new work authorization card? I renewed mine March this year and my extension got expired last month. I lost my 2 jobs because I didn’t receive a new card yet :( 

Edited by Pat B

Timeline
5 hours ago, Pat B said:

Hi!! Were you guys able to receive a new work authorization card? I renewed mine March this year and my extension got expired last month. I lost my 2 jobs because I didn’t receive a new card yet :( 

Have you tried to expedite it claiming loss to a person or company?

3 hours ago, Pat B said:

Yes. Multiple times. I’ve reached out to Senators and Congressman as well. Nothing happened. 

How about the automatic extension for the work authorization? If it expired in October you were supposed to have a 180 days extension with the letter that comes with the renewal receipt.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
20 hours ago, Pat B said:

Hi there! Unfortunately, we haven’t received the card yet or any sort of update. My husband is calling this morning to see what’s going on. We still have 5 months left in our extension, but we really don’t want USCIS to drag their feet and wait until he has weeks before the extension expires to get a move on.

To @marianabrasil’s point - when did your original card expire? Did it expire back in March, the same month you applied for the renewal? Just want to make sure you knew that the extension goes into effect after your original card expires and not on the date you filed to renew!

Edited by PatSquared

3 hours ago, PatSquared said:

Hi there! Unfortunately, we haven’t received the card yet or any sort of update. My husband is calling this morning to see what’s going on. We still have 5 months left in our extension, but we really don’t want USCIS to drag their feet and wait until he has weeks before the extension expires to get a move on.

To @marianabrasil’s point - when did your original card expire? Did it expire back in March, the same month you applied for the renewal? Just want to make sure you knew that the extension goes into effect after your original card expires and not on the date you filed to renew!

Hi!! My original card expired last May 3rd and the extension was until Oct 30th. I’m still waiting for the officer’s response. Until now, the case is under review. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Pat B said:

Hi!! My original card expired last May 3rd and the extension was until Oct 30th. I’m still waiting for the officer’s response. Until now, the case is under review. 

If your original card expired May 3, then I believe the extension actually expired today. But regardless, I’m so sorry you had lost your jobs as a result of these delays.

My husband called USCIS this morning. The last update we received from them was back in September when they said that the application was “adjudicating” as of Sept. 16, which apparently means it’s in the final stages before being approved. Well, that was two months ago, and they had nothing new to share with him. They placed a third service request for him (yes, THIRD) and said that if he doesn’t hear back, then they would escalate our case further.

Timeline
1 hour ago, PatSquared said:

If your original card expired May 3, then I believe the extension actually expired today. But regardless, I’m so sorry you had lost your jobs as a result of these delays.

My husband called USCIS this morning. The last update we received from them was back in September when they said that the application was “adjudicating” as of Sept. 16, which apparently means it’s in the final stages before being approved. Well, that was two months ago, and they had nothing new to share with him. They placed a third service request for him (yes, THIRD) and said that if he doesn’t hear back, then they would escalate our case further.

Good thing you’re doing it now as you still have 5 month left. That means that in a month hopefully they’ll send you to someone with more power and who can hopefully get the ball rolling.

2 hours ago, PatSquared said:

I just called USCIS and the officer told me that my application is in the final stages before being approved, too. I just hope and pray our cases will be approved and get our cards soon. 🙏🏻 

Timeline
13 hours ago, Pat B said:

I just called USCIS and the officer told me that my application is in the final stages before being approved, too. I just hope and pray our cases will be approved and get our cards soon. 🙏🏻 

I hope so for you 🙏🏽 

you’re still talking about your EAD right? Nothing on your green card yet?

Timeline

After my husband inquired about his EAD, I checked the USCIS processing times for family-based I-485 applications out of the Dallas field office and found out that we were officially “outside normal processing times” as of yesterday. We submitted an inquiry and also called back just to make sure we know what to expect. The agent said that we should receive a response by Nov. 18.

I really hope this pushes things forward now that they can’t hit us with their stupid “you’re still within normal processing times” response anymore.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.