Thewander

Does processing times differ depending on consulate?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hello, 

we filed our i130 March 5 and it’s gone to the Nebraska service center. I’m reading this center has one of the longest processing times. Is that true? 
also curious - when is our case moved to the consulate here in Dublin? 

will processing times be quicker since ireland is a small country? 

last question - will the fact that offices are closed for interviews plus Trumps ban on certain visas speed up the process? 

thank you for your help. Trying to get home to care for my mom but don’t want to leave my husband and father of our young kids behind. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Thewander said:

Hello, 

we filed our i130 March 5 and it’s gone to the Nebraska service center. I’m reading this center has one of the longest processing times. Is that true? 

last question - will the fact that offices are closed for interviews plus Trumps ban on certain visas speed up the process? 

thank you for your help. Trying to get home to care for my mom but don’t want to leave my husband and father of our young kids behind. 

Yes, but others aren't too far behind.

Consulate processing varies by country, some will have you waiting another year, I don't imagine that's the case with Ireland.

You can try filtering by country in the processing times and see if there's a sub-forum for your country.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
14 hours ago, Thewander said:

Hello, 

While Ireland maybe a small country,  they may also have a small staff.

YMMV

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/26/2020 at 12:40 AM, Thewander said:

Hello, 

Our I-130 was accepted at the Nebraska office March 13 2019. It was approved on April 20 2020. Today, May 19 2020 we got our email from NVC to start with that process which our lawyer says under pandemic circumstances will probably be at least another 6 months until everything is sent to the Dublin Consulate for the interview. Long story short, it’s going to be quite some time before you’re case is sent to the Consulate. Did you try and ask for expedition when you sent out your I-130 explaining you need to be the carer for your mother? Odds are it would be denied but it doesn’t hurt to try. I wish I could be more positive but it is a long road and is getting longer given the circumstances. Good luck with everything.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 5/19/2020 at 7:49 AM, AMac13 said:

Our I-130 was accepted at the Nebraska office March 13 2019. It was approved on April 20 2020. Today, May 19 2020 we got our email from NVC to start with that process which our lawyer says under pandemic circumstances will probably be at least another 6 months until everything is sent to the Dublin Consulate for the interview. Long story short, it’s going to be quite some time before you’re case is sent to the Consulate. Did you try and ask for expedition when you sent out your I-130 explaining you need to be the carer for your mother? Odds are it would be denied but it doesn’t hurt to try. I wish I could be more positive but it is a long road and is getting longer given the circumstances. Good luck with everything.

That’s a very long wait! Is that typical? I’ve been considering applying for an expedite but I don’t know if it would qualify. It’s all so discouraging 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.