Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About AMac13

  • Rank
    Junior Member
  • Member # 358504
  • Location Dublin, Ireland

Immigration Timeline & Photos

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Would anybody mind direct messaging me a link to the FB forums? Thank you!
  2. I contacted my senator back in the states and they got in contact with the embassy. They sent me back the embassy’s snarky reply which basically they say they are not doing any interviews while in level 5 because they are trying to protect their employees. Basically they can open but they’d rather stay closed and get paid to do nothing.
  3. I don’t know the answer to this question but I do know that you need your married name and maiden name on your police certificate or it will not be accepted at the embassy during your interview. They only put my wife’s maiden name on and we were told we needed a new one with both married and maiden.
  4. I am writing to my democratic senator back in the states to see if I can can some answers. I’ll post in here if I get an answer on anything.
  5. Hi All, I have received numerous private messages regarding our interview on the 15th January at the Dublin Embassy. We received the email today that the interviews are cancelled due to level 5. There is not much else stated in the email other than they will contact us to reschedule as soon as they are back up and running. Sorry to everyone waiting on their interviews or who has had one cancelled.
  6. Our Interview is scheduled for the 15th January. We haven’t gotten any word yet about cancellation or rescheduling. I’ve tried reaching out with no response. My wife’s medical is scheduled for the 4th so it would be nice to know something soon so we can reschedule if needed. If we hear anything from the embassy I will let you all know so you can have a better understanding about what is going on.
  7. A little update for this thread. We got the email today that our case was received by the consulate and we have our interview scheduled for the 15th of January. Hopefully the rest of you will hear some good news soon as well!
  8. I don’t actually. The problem is everything keeps getting pushed back every time they close down the embassy. I know they are now rescheduling all of the cancelled appointments from the past 6 weeks. If I remember correctly, right before this last shut down they were schuleduling for July I think.
  9. Just for reference, we were DQ’D the 1st September and are still waiting for our interview to be scheduled in Dublin. Hopefully with things up and running again we’ll get there soon enough.
  10. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but if you filed your I-130 in March, you can expect a wait time just for the approval of I-130 to be at least a year. After your I-130 is approved it’s sent off to NVC and then it’s sent off to the Embassy. Seeing as you filed in March I would say you’ll have at least a year from now before your case even reaches the embassy if not longer. We’re currently waiting for NVC to DQ us and we submitted our I-130 march 2019. I hope your case goes faster but I wouldn’t hold my breath.
  11. Are you trying to say that when you get to the NVC stage, it’s going to be two years from that point?
  12. Where are you located? I found (we’re in Ireland) that when I look first thing in the morning here, 7 am which is 2am EST, the messages come up right away. It seems if you open then during non traffic hours than it works just fine.
  13. I think you need to evaluate your situation a little more. I can only speak from experience of going through the CR-1 visa process currently. Seeing as you haven’t filed anything yet you’re going to be waiting a while. If you want to go the CR-1 route, what is the living situation going to be? Is she going to stay in Vietnam and you in America? Will you both live in Vietnam? Currently just to get the I-130 approved you’re looking at around 12 - 18 months. Then you’re sent to NVC which is going to put you out another 3-6 months depending. We’re currently at 16 months and just got DQ at NVC. So I just wanted to put it into context of the wait and current times you can expect so you can further decide which route is best for you. Again we’re currently at 16 months and still going coming from Ireland. Coming from Vietnam might take even longer. Just something to consider.
  14. 100% agree. Get the I-130 out as soon as possible. When we filed ours in March 2019 our lawyer told us 8 months to 12 months MAX. Here we are 16 months later and stuck at NVC. I would say the new wait time is probably closer to 18 months to 2 years for CR-1.
  • Create New...