AudiS4

K-1 visa advice

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

I'm trying to figure out if a k1 Visa my fiance has will let her travel to the USA before. It expires end of May and I'm afraid of it expiring before they lift the no fly. The Poland USA embassy says she is not exempt but it's not very clear on their site as always. Anyone know is this is possible to fly and get into the country without being turned around.

Thanks,

Doug

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Since Poland is part of the EU, I don’t see this happening anytime soon.  In another thread someone suggested going to another country for a couple of weeks and then coming to the US, however, I think most other countries are also restricting travel from the EU.  The end of May is still a bit away, so there is a possibility that restrictions will be lifted by then, but I would start researching potentials for extending the visa which may require a new medical exam.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

EU issue aside, anyone with a valid visa who is overseas will have to wait for the explanation of yesterday's bathroom-tweet regarding suspending immigration temporarily.

33 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

EU issue aside, anyone with a valid visa who is overseas will have to wait for the explanation of yesterday's bathroom-tweet regarding suspending immigration temporarily.

Yes I just saw that today about temporary suspension of immigration. But I have a valid K1 so I'm done with the process I just need my fiance to get over here. I didn't think a K1 could be extended??? Any one know about how this is accomplished?

33 minutes ago, AudiS4 said:

I didn't think a K1 could be extended??? Any one know about how this is accomplished?

A consulate has the power to reissue a visa under certain circumstances.  A new medical and Visa application would be required.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

59 minutes ago, AudiS4 said:

But I have a valid K1 so I'm done with the process I

No,  you're not.  You still have a long way to go with AOS.  We have yet to see if the EO will be applied to that, or to those with visas who have not arrived yet.

1 hour ago, Jorgedig said:

No,  you're not.  You still have a long way to go with AOS.  We have yet to see if the EO will be applied to that, or to those with visas who have not arrived yet.

Just meaning I am finished with the important part of her getting here. The rest is what it is. If we are married then the rest is just time but we are together. Most important for now. That's all I care about for the moment. One step at a time.)) But yes you are correct there is more to achieve in this long process.

2 minutes ago, AudiS4 said:

I understand the medical part but the application of what part? Her part again? Would that mean the fee as well that came with that application?

Thanks, just trying to see what I'm up against if I can't get hey over here before her visa had expired.

If the medical has expired (which it will be if the visa is expired), it will need to be re-done.  Visa expiration dates cannot be extended, but consulates may reissue them on a discretionary basis, if the visa holder was unable to travel due to no fault of their own.  You will want to get in touch with the US consular section at your embassy to clarify their plan for cases like yours.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi there! I am in the same situation, I have a K1 visa and I’m in Germany waiting to be able to travel to the US. I have been able to get the following information from the US consulate in Germany: No, I am not allowed to travel with a K1 while the travel ban exists. Yes, you can get an extension but you will have to do another medical and another interview. Regarding the new EO I send them an email asking, if I will be able to get an extension for the K1 (even though there is a new proclamation), and they did not get back to me (3 days so far). I believe they will not answer, because they do not know, if he is going to extend the ban to K1 (just my personal opinion). I texted them last week to ask, if it is possible to travel to another country and stay there for a bit and then travel to the US with the K1. They replied that “every boarder control officer makes that decision on the individual case”. However, other people I am in touch with have received positive answers from consulates in other European countries, and were told that it would be fine to travel through another country. So we are considering it. I’m scared that this whole situation might last for a long time and I really do not want to wait much longer to be with my fiancé. Good luck! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.