34 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Fidel said:

We requested for the 2018 transcripts 6weeks ago and we don't have it yet. Isn't it obvious irs have  a lot on their plate right now due to this stimulus they are dealing with and no assurance they will be sending it soon... Now I read on another post that we can use her 2018 1040 income tax form in place of tax transcripts with explanation letter

The IRS website says 10 days but ours took 9 weeks to get. Just be patient. 

Also yes she can use 1040 with w2s and 1099s. BUT be prepared because NVC prefer Tax Transcripts so like most here will say you'll probably get a RFE saying they want your 2018 tax transcripts and then wait another 3 months for them to review. 

Also if your filing 1040 tax returns be prepared to file with it w2s, 1099s and pay stubs is what I've read around here and on reddit is the consensus. Because they require more proof then when your not submitting Transcripts. 

Best of luck to you 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
16 minutes ago, OrihimeandIchigo said:

The IRS website says 10 days but ours took 9 weeks to get. Just be patient. 

Also yes she can use 1040 with w2s and 1099s. BUT be prepared because NVC prefer Tax Transcripts so like most here will say you'll probably get a RFE saying they want your 2018 tax transcripts and then wait another 3 months for them to review. 

Also if your filing 1040 tax returns be prepared to file with it w2s, 1099s and pay stubs is what I've read around here and on reddit is the consensus. Because they require more proof then when your not submitting Transcripts. 

Best of luck to you 

Alright thanks 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
8 hours ago, arken said:

The reviewing officer will have hard time believing not being able to do 2018 tax return because of COVID-19.

I am stuck in Colombia, I did my taxes on line, no problem.

Timeline
1 hour ago, nelmagriffin said:

Greetings!

They are actually sending transcripts as we requested just to see how it looks by mail , It was mailed to us for free on the 8th day. Also, If it did not arrived you can simply register and print it yourself. Best of Luck, NG

She requested for it in March and today make it 6wewks and she hasn't gotten it in her mail.... She can't get it online because of name discrepancy 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Fidel said:

She requested for it in March and today make it 6wewks and she hasn't gotten it in her mail.... She can't get it online because of name discrepancy 

Oppps! Okay, I just wanted to let you know that IRS request is not affected by COVID as we just requested it recently and got it.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, nelmagriffin said:

Oppps! Okay, I just wanted to let you know that IRS request is not affected by COVID as we just requested it recently and got it.

Please when did you requested for it... Was it this month or last month

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

May I ask how did your wife request the transcript? By mail / phone call?

I couldn’t get transcripts online because my address on file is in a foreign country. Basically, I can’t create an account on the website.  I mailed Form 4506 to request transcripts by mail at the end of January. By mid March I had yet to receive the transcripts. So, I gave the IRS a call, spoke to an agent and requested another transcript. I received my transcript in the mail 2 weeks later. Speaking to an agent on the phone worked for me. The request I made by mail is still somewhere out there.

On a sidenote: The IRS updated its site, saying Tax Transcripts are only available online. They stopped processing transcript requests by mail until further notice.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, islanderfever said:

I couldn’t get transcripts online because my address on file is in a foreign country. Basically, I can’t create an account on the website.  I mailed Form 4506 to request transcripts by mail at the end of January. By mid March I had yet to receive the transcripts. So, I gave the IRS a call, spoke to an agent and requested another transcript. I received my transcript in the mail 2 weeks later. Speaking to an agent on the phone worked for me. The request I made by mail is still somewhere out there.

On a sidenote: The IRS updated its site, saying Tax Transcripts are only available online. They stopped processing transcript requests by mail until further notice.

She requested by mail.. Likewise she couldn't get it online due to name  discrepancy so she requested by mail.. Now she couldn't get irs on phone because they are short staffed right now so I wonder how you could get them on phone..... You mean currently irs is not sending transcript  yet mail right now 

Timeline
50 minutes ago, islanderfever said:

I requested mine last year one time by mail 4506-T (while living abroad) and it took 7 months to get mine. Its crazy. 

Also is this for real? You can't get Transcripts by mail? Like is the only option via online? Because the online version doesn't work for me at all.

Edited by OrihimeandIchigo

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Fidel said:

She requested by mail.. Likewise she couldn't get it online due to name  discrepancy so she requested by mail.. Now she couldn't get irs on phone because they are short staffed right now so I wonder how you could get them on phone..... You mean currently irs is not sending transcript  yet mail right now 

I called in mid March, before they started getting really busy. Additionally, I called a different number because I’m an overseas taxpayer / international caller. 

10 minutes ago, OrihimeandIchigo said:

I requested mine last year one time by mail  4506-T (while living abroad) and it took 7 months to get mine. Its crazy. 

Also is this for real? You can't get Transcripts by mail? Like is the only option via online? Because the online version doesn't work for me at all.

I just went on the site, 

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

There is message on the top saying available only online. 

It is crazy how long it takes to get mail abroad sometimes. I amended 2016 and 2017 tax years last October, sent it in, and I finally got a notification about it in the mail last week. Which is why I was surprised that I received the transcript request (made by phone) in two weeks.

Timeline
52 minutes ago, islanderfever said:

I called in mid March, before they started getting really busy. Additionally, I called a different number because I’m an overseas taxpayer / international caller. 

I just went on the site, 

It is crazy how long it takes to get mail abroad sometimes. I amended 2016 and 2017 tax years last October, sent it in, and I finally got a notification about it in the mail last week. Which is why I was surprised that I received the transcript request (made by phone) in two weeks.

She also requested for it in mid March but we have nothing yet.. We have to put our journey on hold till further notice just because of 2018 transcripts 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Fidel said:

She also requested for it in mid March but we have nothing yet.. We have to put our journey on hold till further notice just because of 2018 transcripts 

Our lastest transcripts by mail took 9 weeks so I would say just wait a few more weeks. There probably just super busy right now. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, islanderfever said:

I just went on the site, 

That is so annoying because the only way you can get Transcripts online also is if your inside USA because its super complicated to set it up abroad online and you need debt or a credit card to be able to access the online version. Not everyone has a credit card and it won't accept debit cards as proof of identity. Its not right so frustrating. I hope its just because there trying to not let mail workers work so much during the virus? 

Thank you so much for the reply and the links and the info I appreciate it 😊 

Edited by OrihimeandIchigo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.