stephanie918

travel from Australia to US

107 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Sorry, I meant how long from the last submission and approval.  Her flight is the 30th, we got approved for the Visa the same day as you and have been waiting for a response between each attempt.  They said submitting between responses could delay things.  Her last attempt was on Thursday, that was number 3.

2 hours ago, Chad&Thalia said:

Sorry, I meant how long from the last submission and approval.  Her flight is the 30th, we got approved for the Visa the same day as you and have been waiting for a response between each attempt.  They said submitting between responses could delay things.  Her last attempt was on Thursday, that was number 3.

I'm not sure. The email i have has my very first reference number on it despite them rejecting that particular application already. Overall 2 weeks to get an approval.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

My fiance has a scheduled flight out of Brisbane for next tuesday, june 16th and I cant help but worry about a rejection or late approval. The first attempt we got the standard email of home affairs stating we needed more evidence and the second one they denied us. We included over 30 documents and his visa is going to expire in july. I am feeling a bit hopeless and not sure what else to do. I guess keep on applying until someone gives a about our situation. It is so cruel how they are treating others.

• 4 weeks later...

I’m so upset guys. It doesn’t seem fair! I’m not sure how I got so unlucky when everyone else here got theirs approved. Does anyone have advice? I haven’t even gotten a rejection just no contact at all. I contacted two MP today who have requested information for me but I don’t know what else to do.

11 hours ago, Cilllah said:

I’m so upset guys. It doesn’t seem fair! I’m not sure how I got so unlucky when everyone else here got theirs approved. Does anyone have advice? I haven’t even gotten a rejection just no contact at all. I contacted two MP today who have requested information for me but I don’t know what else to do.

Did you manage to leave???

8 hours ago, Ryceryce said:

Did you manage to leave???

I got my exemption but I had to start again because of the error so just wait for it to be issued again.

On 7/8/2020 at 11:37 AM, Ryceryce said:

that's great news!!! When is your expected leave date?

Yep all good to go now! I am leaving on Tuesday (14th)

Speaking of that. I am going from Brisbane to Sydney first and then connecting to my US flight. Will I have to deal with any exemption stuff in Brisbane as I check in for the complete flight there? Or no as it is the domestic airport? Just trying to see how early I have to be there as the flight itself is early too. zzz

Just now, Cilllah said:

Yep all good to go now! I am leaving on Tuesday (14th)

Speaking of that. I am going from Brisbane to Sydney first and then connecting to my US flight. Will I have to deal with any exemption stuff in Brisbane as I check in for the complete flight there? Or no as it is the domestic airport? Just trying to see how early I have to be there as the flight itself is early too. zzz

So you are flying from BNE via SYD to US destination right?

First how did you get your ticket? Through an airline website or third party vendor?

Make sure you check your bags are tagged all the way through to your final destination. Also which airline is it? QF? Generally speaking flights to the US check in counters open earlier than the domestic flights. If you haven't gotten your seat selection online (or additional payment required for selection), it is wise to go earlier if you are fussy with seats. The check in from BNE to SYD since its a domestic flight, it is domestic checkin timing. Nothing to do with the SYD to US. I hope your transit time is decent. I hope that answers your question.

4 minutes ago, Ryceryce said:

So you are flying from BNE via SYD to US destination right?

First how did you get your ticket? Through an airline website or third party vendor?

Make sure you check your bags are tagged all the way through to your final destination. Also which airline is it? QF? Generally speaking flights to the US check in counters open earlier than the domestic flights. If you haven't gotten your seat selection online (or additional payment required for selection), it is wise to go earlier if you are fussy with seats. The check in from BNE to SYD since its a domestic flight, it is domestic checkin timing. Nothing to do with the SYD to US. I hope your transit time is decent. I hope that answers your question.

Yes. Four flights. BNE to SYD to SFO to DEN to FSD.
I bought my ticket directly through the United website.
I will make sure my bags are checked all of the way through but I know that I have to collect them at Sydney anyway right as I have to change terminals?
I am flying with United but the first airline is Qantas and the rest are with United. I am checking in online and choosing seats so that is not a worry. I will have checked in before I go as always to save some time!
I have just under three hours at Sydney so I am pretty confident that's alright. Total travel time is 29 hours and I am tired thinking about it for my poor three year old lol.

Really I was just wondering if they would ask about the exemption at Brisbane at all!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.