stephanie918

travel from Australia to US

107 posts in this topic

no luck.  they won't tell me anything.  As long as I have a confirmation number that I've submitted (which I do) then they said it's gone to the processing team and they have no access to that information and can't tell me anything!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, stephanie918 said:

no luck.  they won't tell me anything.  As long as I have a confirmation number that I've submitted (which I do) then they said it's gone to the processing team and they have no access to that information and can't tell me anything!

That’s so frustrating!! I can’t believe there is no way for your to chase it up ... 

Timeline
On 4/26/2020 at 7:30 PM, stephanie918 said:

i know! why bother giving a reference number if it's useless!

Keep calling!  Channel your inner pushy American lol

As for our update:  We finally got approval but it was after his initial flight.  Luckily, we'd canceled the flight.  Since United is issuing credit for cancelled flights right now, we'll be able to put it towards rebooking later this week.  The approval says it's okay if the date of travel changes but if the port of exit changes then you'll need to resubmit.

Some tips for others who apply:
They requested a statement regarding his intended return to Australia.  He wrote something up stating that he does not intend to return for the "foreseeable future."
They also wanted proof that he'd terminated his lease and employment.  They also mentioned that disconnected utilities would satisfy this requirement.

On 4/28/2020 at 11:45 AM, callieallie87 said:

Keep calling!  Channel your inner pushy American lol

As for our update:  We finally got approval but it was after his initial flight.  Luckily, we'd canceled the flight.  Since United is issuing credit for cancelled flights right now, we'll be able to put it towards rebooking later this week.  The approval says it's okay if the date of travel changes but if the port of exit changes then you'll need to resubmit.

Some tips for others who apply:
They requested a statement regarding his intended return to Australia.  He wrote something up stating that he does not intend to return for the "foreseeable future."
They also wanted proof that he'd terminated his lease and employment.  They also mentioned that disconnected utilities would satisfy this requirement.

that's good to know, thank you! i'm turning super annoying and pushy with them now ;).  we plan to rent out our house, but only have emails with the agent indicating that- we obviously aren't currently renting it as we need somewhere to live! i'll include the email to the agent.  we haven't disconnected aanything either- and why would you if you're not sure you can even go!  how long after the flight did they approve it?

Timeline
13 hours ago, stephanie918 said:

that's good to know, thank you! i'm turning super annoying and pushy with them now ;).  we plan to rent out our house, but only have emails with the agent indicating that- we obviously aren't currently renting it as we need somewhere to live! i'll include the email to the agent.  we haven't disconnected aanything either- and why would you if you're not sure you can even go!  how long after the flight did they approve it?

We got the approval a few hours after the initial flight.  He wouldn't have made it unless we had approval a couple days ahead of time though... The only domestic airline still flying between Adelaide and Sydney appears to be JetStar so he's going to have to fly to Sydney on Friday for his Saturday departure with United.

I think some sort of statement of intent will probably work.  That's what he did reference their request for his future travel plans back to Australia.  It sounds like a statement from your realtor might do the trick to satisfy that requirement.

Timeline
On 4/23/2020 at 5:06 PM, ECCK said:

Sorry to hear that you keep getting rejected. I actually know of two people who got their waivers. One person got it within an hour and they’re leaving today for the US. The other person got their waiver for a flight in June. 

Just wondering if they person you know that has entered the US had any issued at SFO?  My fiance is boarding his flight in a few hrs and I got an alert from United about the self-isolate orders.  I wasn't nervous before but now I'm nervous about his connecting flight out of SFO.

I feel like I'm going to be stressed until I pick him up!

Timeline
8 hours ago, callieallie87 said:

Just wondering if they person you know that has entered the US had any issued at SFO?  My fiance is boarding his flight in a few hrs and I got an alert from United about the self-isolate orders.  I wasn't nervous before but now I'm nervous about his connecting flight out of SFO.

How exciting!! I'm sure it's all going to be fine - I've seen a few people on VJ travel to the US recently and they all successfully arrived with no issues. Don't worry!! He'll be with you soon :) 

13 hours ago, callieallie87 said:

oh what are the orders? just to self isolate at home?

Timeline
On 5/2/2020 at 3:08 AM, stephanie918 said:

oh what are the orders? just to self isolate at home?

Yup but since he was just traveling through it was no issue! I was stressing for no reason. 

After nearly 48 hrs of travel and 4 planes, he arrived here late last night! He said the CBP process is San Francisco was SUPER easy and lasted less than 5 minutes. 

8 hours ago, callieallie87 said:

Yup but since he was just traveling through it was no issue! I was stressing for no reason. 

After nearly 48 hrs of travel and 4 planes, he arrived here late last night! He said the CBP process is San Francisco was SUPER easy and lasted less than 5 minutes. 

amazing!!! enjoy! :)

Timeline

Hi all :)

Does anyone know which airlines are still flying from Australia (Brisbane) to USA? I see that QANTAS have extended their flight cancellation period until July 😔

I am also trying to find out a way to send my two dogs over to LA but the pet transport company I planned to use have notified that they are unable to assist.

Any advice or information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rosie

20 hours ago, Rosie_Emma91 said:

Does anyone know which airlines are still flying from Australia (Brisbane) to USA? I see that QANTAS have extended their flight cancellation period until July 😔

I am also trying to find out a way to send my two dogs over to LA but the pet transport company I planned to use have notified that they are unable to assist.

Thanks,

Rosie

Hi, I know virgin currently have their calendar open in June (we're booked with them, but who knows if they'll run) and I think they might be going from BNE to LA?  United are running from syd right now, not sure about brisbane.  Mel to LA via syd on United is currently 5k ONE WAY! I'd say your best bet would be to look at Virgin and United??

Timeline
20 hours ago, Rosie_Emma91 said:

Thanks,

Rosie

Hi, I’m in the same boat as you. I’m trying to get my cat to the US with me but it doesn’t seem like any airline is taking pets. United has stopped their petsafe program and Air New Zealand won’t be taking pets on international routes until the reach phase 2 of their lockdown (current at phase 3). When do you have to leave? The pet companies have all recommended me to wait for Qantas to resume flights :( 

58 minutes ago, ECCK said:

Hi, I’m in the same boat as you. I’m trying to get my cat to the US with me but it doesn’t seem like any airline is taking pets. United has stopped their petsafe program and Air New Zealand won’t be taking pets on international routes until the reach phase 2 of their lockdown (current at phase 3). When do you have to leave? The pet companies have all recommended me to wait for Qantas to resume flights :( 

Is Qantas the only airline that takes pets?  that is so frustrating! What about Fiji airways??? Do you happen to know if we go via NZ to the US whether we have to quarantine in NZ if it's just a transit?  I hope you can get your cat over!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.