stephanie918

travel from Australia to US

107 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Chad&Thalia said:

@ECCK Congratulations!  It appears we're heading into another weekend in limbo, it's really weighing her down.  It's a shame because it's hard to get excited right now with no real assurance that she can actually fly out on the 30th.  If this one gets rejected, we'll explore the compassionate option, I appreciate the tip.  I did read where someone mentioned calling and getting some help, what number did they call? This hasn't been a helpful option the one time she attempted it....

I have called every number that I have seen posted here so far. Everyone has told me they are unable to help. I have even gone as far as emailing the shadow minister for home affairs. So far I have received no help from anyone at home affairs. I called home affairs on Tuesday, I as was forwarded on to Brisbane airport who forwarded me back to home affairs who then forwarded me to border force who then forwarded me to customs back at Brisbane airport and they told me to just resubmit another application. So far a cluster F**k.

My last application had 45 supporting documents and an 800 word statement. If i get rejected one more time i swear to god ill send this to the media.

1 hour ago, Harley999999 said:

I have called every number that I have seen posted here so far. Everyone has told me they are unable to help. I have even gone as far as emailing the shadow minister for home affairs. So far I have received no help from anyone at home affairs. I called home affairs on Tuesday, I as was forwarded on to Brisbane airport who forwarded me back to home affairs who then forwarded me to border force who then forwarded me to customs back at Brisbane airport and they told me to just resubmit another application. So far a cluster F**k.

My last application had 45 supporting documents and an 800 word statement. If i get rejected one more time i swear to god ill send this to the media.

PUT THIS IN THE MEDIA! oh my God I didn't realize you've been through so much.  I just feel like it is SUCH an additional stress of an already immensely difficult situation.  we wouldn't go through this garbage if it wasn't for a real purpose.  Also, considering the rest of the world is opening up (and the Greek Islands are opening for tourism July 1) this is SUCH an overreach of power.  We need to be allowed out, we are not going to be a threat to Australia by leaving.  I'm so sorry and I fully support you taking this to the media.  It seems when people do they actually get it approved....and i'm not far behind you ;)

Edited by stephanie918

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
19 hours ago, stephanie918 said:

PUT THIS IN THE MEDIA! oh my God I didn't realize you've been through so much.  I just feel like it is SUCH an additional stress of an already immensely difficult situation.  we wouldn't go through this garbage if it wasn't for a real purpose.  Also, considering the rest of the world is opening up (and the Greek Islands are opening for tourism July 1) this is SUCH an overreach of power.  We need to be allowed out, we are not going to be a threat to Australia by leaving.  I'm so sorry and I fully support you taking this to the media.  It seems when people do they actually get it approved....and i'm not far behind you ;)

I agree with getting the media involved if nothing else works. The whole process is so badly managed by home affairs!! They give us a useless reference number and we can’t even follow up on our applications. So many of us have applied multiple times!!! There’s travel restrictions in every country in the world, who is going to travel of leisure these days?? People who need to leave right now need to do it because it’s urgent. This makes me so mad!!!

I have finally been approved Yayyyy :). I have honestly lost track of how many rejections and submissions I had to do. I think it was around 10 but it is potentially even higher as i stopped recording the reference numbers once i realized they were useless.

For those that are still trying keep pushing them. I ended up submitting around 47 supporting documents and a statement just shy of a 1000 words. I think if you keep applying they will get that you are serious and will approve you.

OH AMAZING!! congratulations! with 3 days to spare ;) will you still fly on the 27th then? thanks for the positive advice, fingers crossed we all get the same outcome- just a complete joke everyone is having to submit as much as they are, as I still feel like it's our right to leave if we want to.  but, i'm so happy for you- does it say how long you have to travel?

I have finally been approved Yayyyy :). I have honestly lost track of how many rejections and submissions I had to do. I think it was around 10 but it is potentially even higher as i stopped recording the reference numbers once i realized they were useless.

For those that are still trying keep pushing them. I ended up submitting around 47 supporting documents and a statement just shy of a 1000 words. I think if you keep applying they will get that you are serious and will approve you.

and did the email come today? so sundays they still process?

Timeline
2 hours ago, Harley999999 said:

That's great news!!! :)

I am preparing my submission but don't even think I have 47 pieces of supporting documents :( 

Can I please ask which exemption category you used to apply? What kind of evidence did you submit?

Thanks so much :) 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Rosie_Emma91 said:

That's great news!!! :)

I am preparing my submission but don't even think I have 47 pieces of supporting documents :( 

Can I please ask which exemption category you used to apply? What kind of evidence did you submit?

Thanks so much :) 

It’s okay, I only had like 6 pieces of evidence in my request which was approved. I used copy of visa, letter from my fiancés command, resignation letter, shipping quote, pet relocation invoice and cancellation letter from my private health insurance. I applied several applications and the one I finally got approved in was handed compassionate grounds. But others have been approved on urgent personal business. It doesn’t seem straight forward which category should be used 😕 

yes they sent it today so that means they are working Sundays. It doesn't give you a time line to travel just that you have to travel out of the airport you apply for the exemption 

I used the compassionate grounds category. They really want you to show that you have finalized your stuff here in Australia. this was difficult for me to show as i was in the military and couldn't provide any end lease or bills documents. 

11 hours ago, Harley999999 said:

yes they sent it today so that means they are working Sundays. It doesn't give you a time line to travel just that you have to travel out of the airport you apply for the exemption 

I used the compassionate grounds category. They really want you to show that you have finalized your stuff here in Australia. this was difficult for me to show as i was in the military and couldn't provide any end lease or bills documents. 

Does that mean where we start travel or where the international flight is? EG like I start in Brisbane but leave for the US in Sydney so which airport? As it’s a connecting flight?

It is odd there’s no date for validity!

43 minutes ago, Cilllah said:

Does that mean where we start travel or where the international flight is? EG like I start in Brisbane but leave for the US in Sydney so which airport? As it’s a connecting flight?

It is odd there’s no date for validity!

i think the exemption would need to come from Sydney if you leave for the US from sydney.  I got told that when I called them.  But I also said well if my flight changes last minute and I have to go from syd (vs my plan of melb), I'd need a new exemption, which she confirmed.  Then I asked what happens if i'm already at the airport when that change is made and she said well you'd apply for another one ....

Below is an extract from the confirmation Email. Judging by that you need to apply to the airport you are getting your international flight from. They send your approval to "ABF" which is border force.

"Your departing port has been notified that you are able to depart Australia. Your departure from Australia is subject to standard border clearance processes.  You do not need to re-apply for permission to depart if your flight details change."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.