EnglishLove

Super frustrated with EAD expedite

57 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I submitted my husband's AOS/EAD/AP on October 8, 2019. I still have not received anything. Finally on the 11th of March, I faxed USCIS my husband's job offer to have his EAD expedited. Still nothing and called the the USCIS today and they said because of the virus, all offices are shut down and it could be up to 50 days before they even get to our case and it could take longer than that. I feel so frustrated and at a loss. It's been 7 months now that my husband's been here and they basically have done nothing on his case. Anyone else having any luck with expediting their EAD?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

What was the reason you used to expedite the EAD?

Expediting is now common for obvious reasons, I assume eventually it will have an impact.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
Just now, Boiler said:

What was the reason you used to expedite the EAD?

Expediting is now common for obvious reasons, I assume eventually it will have an impact.

My daughter needs surgery and he had a job offer

Filed: Timeline

When you say you faxed them his job offer I am assuming you mean you asked for an expedite via a phone rep- they got back to you and gave you a fax number- you then sent it via fax- correct? 

If so Im not really sure if there is anything more you can do besides wait. Some offices are closed but not everything. "As of March 18, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services has suspended routine in-person services until at least April 1 to help slow the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). USCIS staff will continue to perform duties that do not involve contact with the public. However, USCIS will provide emergency services for limited situations. To schedule an emergency appointment contact the USCIS Contact Center."

Your EAD expedite is not considered routine in person (I dont think) nor do I think it qualifies as something that would require an emergency in person appt. Did he do biometrics yet? He has to have biometrics done to get the EAD so that could be an issue if he hasnt done them yet...

Anyway there are 3 ways of asking for an EAD expedite. 1- at infopass (not going to happen right now so we will skip this).2 over the phone, 3 via help from local rep. The important thing to note is whatever path you take you can only follow up via the same method. So you cant apply at infopass and then inquire over the phone about it, any inquires must be through infopass if thats where you started. 

The phone rep is the most convenient way to ask for the expedite but its also the most frustrating as you can never speak to the same person again. Check your case status online and see if there is any indication they got your fax and if they are processing it. Theres a thread called something like timeline after ead expedite request. Its many pages now so you should be able to find it but if you cant let me know and Ill link you to it. In it there is a lot of information on how people got or were denied expedites and what you may see as case status and what that means.

You can also try to get help from your local representative with filing an expedite request. They should have info on their website about getting help with immigration issues. Typically they have a release form you need to sign and give them so they can interact with USCIS on your behalf. Before the quarantine youd be able to go to their office but you may not be able to do that right now- but you can probably mail them whatever they need if they are still providing immigration help. Call them up and ask. The advantage to using a reps help is they submit it and follow up on it. They also get clear official responses that are documented where when dealing with a phone rep its impossible to prove who told you what and no one takes responsibility for the process. You have 2 senators and a house of rep representative you can reach out to if you shoose to. But first check the thread I mentioned and your case status to see where you may be at before sending another expedite through your rep. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

When you say you faxed them his job offer I am assuming you mean you asked for an expedite via a phone rep- they got back to you and gave you a fax number- you then sent it via fax- correct? 

If so Im not really sure if there is anything more you can do besides wait. Some offices are closed but not everything. "As of March 18, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services has suspended routine in-person services until at least April 1 to help slow the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). USCIS staff will continue to perform duties that do not involve contact with the public. However, USCIS will provide emergency services for limited situations. To schedule an emergency appointment contact the USCIS Contact Center."

Your EAD expedite is not considered routine in person (I dont think) nor do I think it qualifies as something that would require an emergency in person appt. Did he do biometrics yet? He has to have biometrics done to get the EAD so that could be an issue if he hasnt done them yet...

Anyway there are 3 ways of asking for an EAD expedite. 1- at infopass (not going to happen right now so we will skip this).2 over the phone, 3 via help from local rep. The important thing to note is whatever path you take you can only follow up via the same method. So you cant apply at infopass and then inquire over the phone about it, any inquires must be through infopass if thats where you started. 

The phone rep is the most convenient way to ask for the expedite but its also the most frustrating as you can never speak to the same person again. Check your case status online and see if there is any indication they got your fax and if they are processing it. Theres a thread called something like timeline after ead expedite request. Its many pages now so you should be able to find it but if you cant let me know and Ill link you to it. In it there is a lot of information on how people got or were denied expedites and what you may see as case status and what that means.

You can also try to get help from your local representative with filing an expedite request. They should have info on their website about getting help with immigration issues. Typically they have a release form you need to sign and give them so they can interact with USCIS on your behalf. Before the quarantine youd be able to go to their office but you may not be able to do that right now- but you can probably mail them whatever they need if they are still providing immigration help. Call them up and ask. The advantage to using a reps help is they submit it and follow up on it. They also get clear official responses that are documented where when dealing with a phone rep its impossible to prove who told you what and no one takes responsibility for the process. You have 2 senators and a house of rep representative you can reach out to if you shoose to. But first check the thread I mentioned and your case status to see where you may be at before sending another expedite through your rep. 

He had his bio-metrics done on November 12, 2019. I talked to a phone rep who said that would email me after I called in requesting the EAD to be expedited. I received the email and followed the instructions and faxed them the job offer on the 11th of March. On the 14th it was updated to finally show that his fingerprints were taken and since then nothing. I knew I had a waiting game ahead of us but this feels so long it's unreal! And people who have filed around the same time I did have already received theirs. I guess this post was to mainly just rant and to see if anyone else has had any luck.  

Timeline
Just now, Cornflake said:

I faxed the job offer on the 16th of March and didn't get anything yet( Hope they are working on our cases right now.

We've been calling in weekly and at first they told us that they only had 3 people working in the office and they're only handling 10 cases per person so it could be April 1st before they got to our case. That was last Thursday. Today we called and we were told that they're shut down and it could be 50 days but probably longer. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Is the basis Financial Loss? Did you document that?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
Just now, Boiler said:

Is the basis Financial Loss? Did you document that?

I told them it was because my daughter needs surgery and my husband has a job offer. They said they would document it and send instructions that we needs to fax in the job offer. I did all that and nothing still and basically being told something different each time we call. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Pooley said:

I told them it was because my daughter needs surgery and my husband has a job offer. They said they would document it and send instructions that we needs to fax in the job offer. I did all that and nothing still and basically being told something different each time we call. 

I would say call non-stop. Also check under your EAD receipt number and see if there is any update there under the history. I had my expedite approved 35 days and they havent been able to give me a straight answer but I still call because some agents seem to have or provide more information, not sure but always worth a try and ask for tier 2.

12/07/2019 - Package mailed
12/10/2019 - Package received (Chicago Lockbox)
01/13/2020 - Received text message receipts (for the 2 forms)
01/17/2020 - Received NOA for biometrics appointment (notice date: 01/10/2020)
01/28/2020 - Biometrics Completed

01/31/2020 - I-131 Rejected due to selecting the incorrect reason for applying. (Refiled)
02/06/2020 - Refiled I-131, delivered & signed for by CHYBA

02/11/2020 - EAD Expedite Requested (Financial Hardship, Health Issues)

02/13/2020 - Evidence requested and faxed

02/18/2020 - EAD Expedite Approved 😩

02/18/2020 - RFE needed (waiting on mail) 😩

02/21/2020 - RFE (Sponsor Needed)..... in process

03/02/2020 - Received NOA for Refiled I-131 (NOA: 02/06/2020)

03/10/2020 - RFE Response Sent to USCIS

03/12/2020 - I-131 Updated to Fingerprints were Taken (Used from Bio)

03/12/2020 - RFE delivered to USCIS 

03/12/2020 - Case updated to RFE received

03/21/2020 - Received Courtesy Letter for Medical

04/02/2020 - EAD (New Card Ordered)

04/03/2020 - EAD Case Was Approved

04/06/2020 - EAD Approval Notice Received

04/06/2020 - EAD was mailed to me

04/09/2020 - EAD Received

05/08/2020 - SSN Received

Timeline
Just now, Wayne386 said:

I would say call non-stop. Also check under your EAD receipt number and see if there is any update there under the history. I had my expedite approved 35 days and they havent been able to give me a straight answer but I still call because some agents seem to have or provide more information, not sure but always worth a try and ask for tier 2.

That's what we're doing. Some officer's seem more knowledgeable and helpful while others are rude and give information completely different. But I do check our case history everyday. This visa journey is definitely been the most trying thing I've ever had to deal with so far. If I could do it all over again, I would have gone the CR-1 route. But I can't wait for the day I don't have to every deal with the government again lol

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 minute ago, Pooley said:

That's what we're doing. Some officer's seem more knowledgeable and helpful while others are rude and give information completely different. But I do check our case history everyday. This visa journey is definitely been the most trying thing I've ever had to deal with so far. If I could do it all over again, I would have gone the CR-1 route. But I can't wait for the day I don't have to every deal with the government again lol

I know the feeling lol, I just want to work so bad, plus with hardly able to go outside, I am trying not to lose my mind.

12/07/2019 - Package mailed
12/10/2019 - Package received (Chicago Lockbox)
01/13/2020 - Received text message receipts (for the 2 forms)
01/17/2020 - Received NOA for biometrics appointment (notice date: 01/10/2020)
01/28/2020 - Biometrics Completed

01/31/2020 - I-131 Rejected due to selecting the incorrect reason for applying. (Refiled)
02/06/2020 - Refiled I-131, delivered & signed for by CHYBA

02/11/2020 - EAD Expedite Requested (Financial Hardship, Health Issues)

02/13/2020 - Evidence requested and faxed

02/18/2020 - EAD Expedite Approved 😩

02/18/2020 - RFE needed (waiting on mail) 😩

02/21/2020 - RFE (Sponsor Needed)..... in process

03/02/2020 - Received NOA for Refiled I-131 (NOA: 02/06/2020)

03/10/2020 - RFE Response Sent to USCIS

03/12/2020 - I-131 Updated to Fingerprints were Taken (Used from Bio)

03/12/2020 - RFE delivered to USCIS 

03/12/2020 - Case updated to RFE received

03/21/2020 - Received Courtesy Letter for Medical

04/02/2020 - EAD (New Card Ordered)

04/03/2020 - EAD Case Was Approved

04/06/2020 - EAD Approval Notice Received

04/06/2020 - EAD was mailed to me

04/09/2020 - EAD Received

05/08/2020 - SSN Received

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Wayne386 said:

I know the feeling lol, I just want to work so bad, plus with hardly able to go outside, I am trying not to lose my mind.

That's where my husband is at. And we live in a super tiny tiny town with NOTHING to do. We have a Walmart and that's it. He's losing his mind after 7 months of being stuck in the house and I'm at work for 9 hours of the day Monday through Friday so he's always alone. 

1 hour ago, Pooley said:

I submitted my husband's AOS/EAD/AP on October 8, 2019. I still have not received anything. Finally on the 11th of March, I faxed USCIS my husband's job offer to have his EAD expedited. Still nothing and called the the USCIS today and they said because of the virus, all offices are shut down and it could be up to 50 days before they even get to our case and it could take longer than that. I feel so frustrated and at a loss. It's been 7 months now that my husband's been here and they basically have done nothing on his case. Anyone else having any luck with expediting their EAD?

Did you not have a receipt number issue as well? Your receipt number was not your actual receipt number which was crazy!!

My EAD took 107 days to arrive, in hand without an expedite. Granted the SSN took 4 weeks after that to arrive, however they arrived. I am just thinking that with the amount of activity we are seeing with EAD expedites, you may also be dealing with that. It seems everyone needs an expedite these days. Stay strong. With the current climate I can only see more delays.

I do totally agree with you that what tier 1 agent you get make a huge impact. I have hung up and call back in the past to get more info.

35 minutes ago, Pooley said:

We've been calling in weekly and at first they told us that they only had 3 people working in the office and they're only handling 10 cases per person so it could be April 1st before they got to our case. That was last Thursday. Today we called and we were told that they're shut down and it could be 50 days but probably longer. 

So they meant they don't work on any cases anymore? That's sad...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.