zafi

passport services (merged)

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 4/20/2020 at 10:05 PM, N400NYC said:

Same. Were you able to apply for expedited service? I applied on 3/20 and was not able to. 

I did not even try for expedited service when I applied, but the passport agent asked me if I wanted to. So it might have been possible. As of today it has been 6.5 weeks since I applied. Hopefully my application gets picked up soon. I just want some assurance that it has not fallen down some hole somewhere.

On 4/6/2020 at 8:54 PM, alexpop13 said:

@N400NYC

I had my oath on 3/11 and from the Oath I went straight to a USPS without an appointment. At first they said they can't do anything and I told them...Ma'am there is no one here, would you be kind to help me out?

So they did help me out, took a picture that was in my opinion really bad, the background was yellowish and I was 1000% sure they will reject it. IT WAS NOT REJECTED.

I don't have any travel plans but I paid for expedite just because I was not at peace with not having my Naturalization Certificate in hand.

The longer I don't have it, the higher the chances of being misplaced. This was my logic.

Literally dodge the bullet with both my Oath and with my Passport. 

See below my timeline.

I hope all of you get it fast and without issues.

Stay safe!

God Bless you all.

I dodged the first one! But the second one hit me! 

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

4/2019: Submitted N400

5/2019: Biometrics (3 weeks)

2/2020: Interview (10 months)

3/2020: Oath & naturalization (11 months)

6/2020: Passport received (3 months)

Officially a U.S. Citizen! 

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

My passport application status changed to "approved" a few days ago and I am expecting delivery to my house tomorrow. I applied on March 10, 2020 at USPS and opted for regular delivery (not expedited). Same for my husband. However, applied for my minor child at the same time and that is still pending. My child would be deriving citizenship from us, maybe thats why it is taking longer? Ours is a pretty normal case.

5 hours ago, ponyo_rocks said:

My passport application status changed to "approved" a few days ago and I am expecting delivery to my house tomorrow. I applied on March 10, 2020 at USPS and opted for regular delivery (not expedited). Same for my husband. However, applied for my minor child at the same time and that is still pending. My child would be deriving citizenship from us, maybe thats why it is taking longer? Ours is a pretty normal case.

My child's took longer than mine, though there was also an RFE involved to help prove that she was qualified to derive citizenship, so I’m not sure that’s typical. I got the RFE about a week after I got my passport.

8 hours ago, ponyo_rocks said:

I got the messages today! Applied March 20. So they are moving again finally....

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

4/2019: Submitted N400

5/2019: Biometrics (3 weeks)

2/2020: Interview (10 months)

3/2020: Oath & naturalization (11 months)

6/2020: Passport received (3 months)

Officially a U.S. Citizen! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.