ECCK

Interviews in Australia set to be reduced with some cancelled

468 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Cilllah said:

You guys are worrying me. I wonder if they will be even stricter with me as I am leaving with child. More scared of this than my interview.

Do you mind sharing that list of additional info? :)

Please lodge a new request and provide more information to support your request. Including, for example:

·         Proof of relationship such as birth and/or marriage certificates

·         Death certificate, (or letter from a medical professional)

·         Letter from a medical professional, hospital records

·         Statement on when the individual intends to return to Australia

Documents need to be in English or accompanied by an accredited translation.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Harley999999 said:

Please lodge a new request and provide more information to support your request. Including, for example:

·         Proof of relationship such as birth and/or marriage certificates

·         Death certificate, (or letter from a medical professional)

·         Letter from a medical professional, hospital records

·         Statement on when the individual intends to return to Australia

Documents need to be in English or accompanied by an accredited translation.

He was denied his travel exemption the first time, he wasn't as concise and decisive in his first request. 

The second time he was approved. 

He applied for the "People who are travelling on urgent and unavoidable personal business"  reason.

This is part of what we said:

"I am presently the holder of a K-1 fiancé visa, which is valid until October 6th, 2020. My intended departure date is to be determined after approval is granted for my exemption to leave Australia. I will be moving to the United States using the aforementioned visa, where I will be marrying my fiancé ______ _______ and subsequently applying for adjustment of status to obtain permanent residency. I will be living with my soon to be wife, and our children ________(biological) and _________(step-son). I do not have any plans to return to Australia from America to visit, I will be living full time in America at ___gives address_________."

Between this we gave more details about his home rental status and his employment status (since this was further away from his departure and we hadn't bought tickets yet we had to justify why he was still working). 

After that we listed items we included and we said:

"Included are several items of evidence; my K-1 visa and envelope of accompanying sealed documents, a bank statement held jointly with ______ at our home address, the birth certificate of our child, and several screenshots including, but not limited to, our engagement announcement, mutual friends in the USA, and text excerpts discussing my immigration."

We treated it like we were applying for another visa basically. Making sure we Included a variety of screenshots and evidence to substantiate his need to travel. They need to know you will not be coming back to Australia. We clearly stated he has no intention of coming back to Australia that he is moving permanently. 

Give them recent screenshots about you immigrating to the States, as well as older ones, any engagement evidence, and ties to the States. Look through your evidence that you guys included with the i-129f submission and see what you can add to your travel exemption request. They want to see that you are seeding yourself permanently in the USA and that you have the authorisation to do so.

Timeline
41 minutes ago, KittyKat3072 said:

He was denied his travel exemption the first time, he wasn't as concise and decisive in his first request. 

He applied for the "People who are travelling on urgent and unavoidable personal business"  reason.

"I am presently the holder of a K-1 fiancé visa, which is valid until October 6th, 2020. My intended departure date is to be determined after approval is granted for my exemption to leave Australia. I will be moving to the United States using the aforementioned visa, where I will be marrying my fiancé ______ _______ and subsequently applying for adjustment of status to obtain permanent residency. I will be living with my soon to be wife, and our children ________(biological) and _________(step-son). I do not have any plans to return to Australia from America to visit, I will be living full time in America at ___gives address_________."

Between this we gave more details about his home rental status and his employment status (since this was further away from his departure and we hadn't bought tickets yet we had to justify why he was still working). 

"Included are several items of evidence; my K-1 visa and envelope of accompanying sealed documents, a bank statement held jointly with ______ at our home address, the birth certificate of our child, and several screenshots including, but not limited to, our engagement announcement, mutual friends in the USA, and text excerpts discussing my immigration."

We treated it like we were applying for another visa basically. Making sure we Included a variety of screenshots and evidence to substantiate his need to travel. They need to know you will not be coming back to Australia. We clearly stated he has no intention of coming back to Australia that he is moving permanently. 

Give them recent screenshots about you immigrating to the States, as well as older ones, any engagement evidence, and ties to the States. Look through your evidence that you guys included with the i-129f submission and see what you can add to your travel exemption request. They want to see that you are seeding yourself permanently in the USA and that you have the authorisation to do so.

"substantiate his need to travel"

Rather, your need to travel. And "their" need to travel to who ever else reads this. 🤣🥱😴

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
45 minutes ago, KittyKat3072 said:

this is super helpful! thank you! if i get rejected again, I'll definitely borrow this. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, ECCK said:

this is super helpful! thank you! if i get rejected again, I'll definitely borrow this. 

You're totally welcome! 🙃

Also we talked to air nz and apparently in order to ship a cat to the States you have to make a separate booking from Auckland. Which sounds super expensive when its possible. The pet shipper said they are working on options with the airlines but there's nothing at this stage.

*sighs* 

He's leaving on May 26 and we can't bring her with him (his cat). It's hard and we don't know where to give her yet and he has no friends who could foster her until the flights open for pets. 😭😭😭

We have a child together, otherwise he would probably wait longer.  But it would be a year since he saw him last by that point and he doesn't want to wait that long.

Timeline
34 minutes ago, KittyKat3072 said:

You're totally welcome! 🙃

Also we talked to air nz and apparently in order to ship a cat to the States you have to make a separate booking from Auckland. Which sounds super expensive when its possible. The pet shipper said they are working on options with the airlines but there's nothing at this stage.

*sighs* 

He's leaving on May 26 and we can't bring her with him (his cat). It's hard and we don't know where to give her yet and he has no friends who could foster her until the flights open for pets. 😭😭😭

We have a child together, otherwise he would probably wait longer.  But it would be a year since he saw him last by that point and he doesn't want to wait that long.

That’s such a tough situation to be in! I also had no luck with Air NZ. At the moment I’m waiting to see if Qatar Airways will confirm the flight schedules to the US. I’ve heard they’ve been flying pets to Europe now so hoping they’ll extend their flights to the US too. There’s also a charter flight being organized by a group of Americans here but it looks pretty expensive.. 

I have to leave by mid-June and I’m dreading it. I also have no one to help foster my cat so I have no idea what to do. I might have to put them in a nice cat hotel or something :( 

Timeline

@KittyKat3072 thank you for your advice on the exemption, we provided something very similar and have already prepared a 3rd submission if needed.  The next one has 18 items of support with multiple support pages included in those items.  Quite a process but, I understand their concern for return. 

I feel for you on your cat, my girl found a family to adopt her 6 year old dog which was very hard on her.  Luckily she found a wonderful family that has been sending pics and messages on her pretty regularly.  So much change for us all, it's nice to have a place where everyone is very supportive and is experiencing the same challenges.

6 hours ago, Chad&Thalia said:

@KittyKat3072 thank you for your advice on the exemption, we provided something very similar and have already prepared a 3rd submission if needed.  The next one has 18 items of support with multiple support pages included in those items.  Quite a process but, I understand their concern for return. 

I feel for you on your cat, my girl found a family to adopt her 6 year old dog which was very hard on her.  Luckily she found a wonderful family that has been sending pics and messages on her pretty regularly.  So much change for us all, it's nice to have a place where everyone is very supportive and is experiencing the same challenges.

Good luck with your next attempt! Let us know how it goes. Today I’m emailing a local kindergarten about enrolment and tour possibilities for when I move to hopefully add to my proof. It’s the actual one I want as my fiancé’s sister sends her baby there so might as well. 
just trying to think of everything!

Timeline

3rd attempt at requesting the waiver and i finally got it just then! You just get an email saying the request has been approved and that the port has been notified to let you depart Australia. It doesn't even say you need to print the email and bring it along, but I think I'll do it just to be safe. Good luck to everyone else waiting for their waiver! 

Just now, ECCK said:

3rd attempt at requesting the waiver and i finally got it just then! You just get an email saying the request has been approved and that the port has been notified to let you depart Australia. It doesn't even say you need to print the email and bring it along, but I think I'll do it just to be safe. Good luck to everyone else waiting for their waiver! 

I've been watching you guys with the struggles of the 'border' and the consulate.... and this has made me so happy to read!!!

So excited for you!!!  FINALLY!!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Entheos said:

I've been watching you guys with the struggles of the 'border' and the consulate.... and this has made me so happy to read!!!

So excited for you!!!  FINALLY!!

Thank you so much!!! Can't wait to hear your case make some progress too. Sounds like with the restrictions coming down, interviews should be coming soon too. fingers crossed that it'll be a smooth process for you! 

Just now, ECCK said:

Thank you so much!!! Can't wait to hear your case make some progress too. Sounds like with the restrictions coming down, interviews should be coming soon too. fingers crossed that it'll be a smooth process for you! 

Cheers.  I'm still at the NOA2 -> NVC stage.... had a 'quick' approval at 85 days.  In an ideal world I think I'd be at the ready to interview stage by August...but for now I'm praying for home by Thanksgiving...  Definitely hoping that the Consulate starts getting back to normal because I don't really have any 'emergency' excuses that would probably warrant an emergency interview...  So I'm thinking that it'll still be a couple of months at least before the paperwork is on it's way to Sydney... by which time I would hope that things are semi normalised by then.... who knows.... all I know is this wait is harder than the wait for the NOA2...  I did read today that people who got their NOA2 about 2 weeks before us were able to get their case number this week (we're about 2.5 weeks since approval) so we're probably looking at another 4ish weeks before the case is in and processed and 'ready' for shipping... and whether or not they will, or I can have them ship it out while the consulate is 'closed' is a whole other drama....

Timeline

Hi all :)

I just wanted to let you know that I attended my interview in Sydney today and my visa has been issued.

It was an interesting experience at the embassy - I was the only applicant there so it was very quiet. The whole process from start to finish took around an hour and half but I was sitting in the waiting room for a lot of the time. 

I dealt with two people in the consulate - the first person checked all my documents were in order, then the second person conducted the interview. The interview was a lot less stressful than I thought it would be - it was really just a casual chat about how we met, how long we have been together, where we will live, my fiance's employment and asking if I was aware of the requirement to marry within 90 days.  I was then told my visa could be issued and I would receive it in the mail within 2-3 weeks.

There was a form that needed to be completed and handed to Police Officers at Brisbane airport - they just needed evidence that I was a QLD resident. I did see a lot of people being told they needed to go into quarantine for two weeks. 

Happy to answer any questions! :)

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Rosie_Emma91 said:

Hi all :)

I just wanted to let you know that I attended my interview in Sydney today and my visa has been issued.

It was an interesting experience at the embassy - I was the only applicant there so it was very quiet. The whole process from start to finish took around an hour and half but I was sitting in the waiting room for a lot of the time. 

I dealt with two people in the consulate - the first person checked all my documents were in order, then the second person conducted the interview. The interview was a lot less stressful than I thought it would be - it was really just a casual chat about how we met, how long we have been together, where we will live, my fiance's employment and asking if I was aware of the requirement to marry within 90 days.  I was then told my visa could be issued and I would receive it in the mail within 2-3 weeks.

There was a form that needed to be completed and handed to Police Officers at Brisbane airport - they just needed evidence that I was a QLD resident. I did see a lot of people being told they needed to go into quarantine for two weeks. 

Happy to answer any questions! :)

Congratulations! Glad to hear it went well :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.