6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone...So me and my husband are scheduled for the AOS green card interview next week. I have checked the requirements on what we should bring on the day of the interview but because I keep on researching, many have different experiences and just wanted to ask you guys some insights on several questions on mind that I have:

1) do I have to reprint the whole AOS PACKET with affidavit of support etc... that I have already sent last time and bring it to the interview? I was confused because it says "unless otherwise submitted" but then I see other people that printed them again and brought to the interview. Redundancy?

2) it says bring some photos to show our legit marriage- Should I start making a scrapbook collage of photos from the start that I entered here in the US then married, up until now? Or should I make again another one from the start of our relationship till finish? I mean, I did that scrapbook thingy before and passed it to my interviewer for the K1 VISA interview and gave it to them and they never returned it to me, so should I make another one? what are your experiences?

3)Anyone here recent aos filers that did the ds-5540 (public charge) form and brought it to the interview? is it mandatory?

Any answers would be highly appreciated!!! Thank you so much!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I know when my wife had her AOS interview we took copies of both the K1 and the AOS packets with us.  I realize it is mostly redundant, but in our case the IO did ask for another document which we had at our fingertips.

I would create a small photo book.  For my wife’s interview we brought our wedding album and the IO seemed to appreciate that.  

Unfortunately, I do not have any experience with the DS5540 form.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

5 hours ago, Khagen88 said:

Hello everyone...So me and my husband are scheduled for the AOS green card interview next week. I have checked the requirements on what we should bring on the day of the interview but because I keep on researching, many have different experiences and just wanted to ask you guys some insights on several questions on mind that I have:

1) do I have to reprint the whole AOS PACKET with affidavit of support etc... that I have already sent last time and bring it to the interview? I was confused because it says "unless otherwise submitted" but then I see other people that printed them again and brought to the interview. Redundancy?

2) it says bring some photos to show our legit marriage- Should I start making a scrapbook collage of photos from the start that I entered here in the US then married, up until now? Or should I make again another one from the start of our relationship till finish? I mean, I did that scrapbook thingy before and passed it to my interviewer for the K1 VISA interview and gave it to them and they never returned it to me, so should I make another one? what are your experiences?

3)Anyone here recent aos filers that did the ds-5540 (public charge) form and brought it to the interview? is it mandatory?

Does the DS5540 apply to you?  It sounds like if you already have an interview, you filed before this was applicable to your case.  Therefore, you should not be bringing things related to that because it is not applicable.  Could you please fill in your timeline?

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline
6 hours ago, Khagen88 said:

Just got back from an interview. 
1) No you dont have to. Make sure to have copies and originals- birth certificates, both beneficiary and petitioner, marriage certificate, and copy of everything you can give to them as bonafide proof. 
2) do the same as you did for K1, they have your packet there so they have the photos you already submitted. They want new stuff. 

3)Lady hasn’t  mentioned  anything about ds-5540 so no worry about that at all!! 

Good luck! 

We had interview a couple weeks ago and brought copies of aos packet and marriage proof stuff. Got to interview and he asked a couple questions from the aos form (are you a prostitute, are you a pimp, have you been caught doing illegal stuff lol) then said it was over and approved. I said i have all this stuff you dont need any???? He said nope we just ask that in case your file is missing anything. I said what about marriage proof stuff he said nope your marriage is too new (7 months) for you to have much. I got kinda mad cause we spent all night getting no sleep gathering evidence the night before. West palm beach office is where we had interview. Whole interview we were laughing and joking around.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.