literallyrachel

Spousal Visa Interview - How do they want the documents handed to them?

7 posts in this topic

Hello.

I am trying to prepare my husband's paperwork for his eventual I-130 interview. I will most likely be in the country with him when he has his interview but if I am not, I want to have the packet all prepared and in order just in case so it's one less thing he has to worry/be nervous about. I know all the required documents for our embassy and everything that NVC has said BUT how do they want us to hand them this big stack of paper work? Should documents with more than one page be stapled or paper clipped? Should I whole punch things or put them in plastic protectors and put them in a binder or just put everything in order and hand over a stack of paper without any dividers? Should I make a Table of Contents page? I basically want to make it as easy as possible for them to look through our paperwork because we're already 19 months into this process and I don't want to give them a single reason to not approve us or put us under Additional Review. We are still waiting for NVC to approve our paperwork after an RFE so we don't have our interview but I'm just trying to be prepared. If there are similar threads or information about this, link them or let me know about them. I appreciate any help! Thanks! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 hour ago, literallyrachel said:

Hello.

I am trying to prepare my husband's paperwork for his eventual I-130 interview. I will most likely be in the country with him when he has his interview but if I am not, I want to have the packet all prepared and in order just in case so it's one less thing he has to worry/be nervous about. I know all the required documents for our embassy and everything that NVC has said BUT how do they want us to hand them this big stack of paper work? Should documents with more than one page be stapled or paper clipped? Should I whole punch things or put them in plastic protectors and put them in a binder or just put everything in order and hand over a stack of paper without any dividers? Should I make a Table of Contents page? I basically want to make it as easy as possible for them to look through our paperwork because we're already 19 months into this process and I don't want to give them a single reason to not approve us or put us under Additional Review. We are still waiting for NVC to approve our paperwork after an RFE so we don't have our interview but I'm just trying to be prepared. If there are similar threads or information about this, link them or let me know about them. I appreciate any help! Thanks! 

Bring anything that you not previous submit with your I-130 package. At the interview, only give the CO what they asking for.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

From what I've been able to find (I don't know firsthand), they will first ask you to rearrange all the papers you've brought into a stack in a certain order. They will give you time to do that and a piece of paper showing the order you should use.

Any attempt at organization will only be to help you arrange the papers into that stack. 

Individual plastic protectors seems a bit much, but if it keeps you organized then go for it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

After the NVC stage , you will receive a checklist from your consulate in preparation for the interview 

First, place the documents listed there in the order on the checklist. Then use paper clips or plastic sleeves to hold other documents you want to bring 

The staff at first desk you encounter will take all your documents .. sort them into their correct order and  hand them back to you in a folder. They are very practiced and efficient 

• 2 months later...

Hello!

I came across this post as I was trying to browse through the Argentina portal.  It had been a while.  Anyways, whether you need it or not (or for others to follow), there is this active thread for people from Argentina going through K1s, CR1s, etc.:

These two threads are the most active where we try to answer as many questions and help one another throughout this.  There are other ones that are less active but still exist. FYI.

Thanks!

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

On 3/9/2020 at 2:11 PM, literallyrachel said:

Hello.

Hi Rachel (?)! I am also in Argentina petitioning for my husband! Did you get approved by the NVC yet? We just got approved a few weeks ago. I would love to link up with you and we can help each other out on this process!

I have been wondering the same thing as you about how to organize the paperwork. I did come across this link on the Buenos Aires Consulate website that states the order: https://ar.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/26/Instructions-packet-for-IV-appointment-1.pdf

Some friends we have that did consular processing here a couple years ago said they nicely arranged everything in a binder. I would definitely NOT staple or hole punch. I would paper clip to keep like documents together!

Edited by Gonzalaz

6 hours ago, Gonzalaz said:

Hi Rachel (?)! I am also in Argentina petitioning for my husband! Did you get approved by the NVC yet? We just got approved a few weeks ago. I would love to link up with you and we can help each other out on this process!

I have been wondering the same thing as you about how to organize the paperwork. I did come across this link on the Buenos Aires Consulate website that states the order: https://ar.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/26/Instructions-packet-for-IV-appointment-1.pdf

Some friends we have that did consular processing here a couple years ago said they nicely arranged everything in a binder. I would definitely NOT staple or hole punch. I would paper clip to keep like documents together!

Hi, I sent you a message! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.