sjfoley1

refiling i-485, now with new i-944

82 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
On 3/24/2020 at 9:24 PM, weelisa said:

Thanks - I am literally freaking out after thinking that I had my package well in hand. I only just found out about the I-944 and am frantically scrambling to get all the data I need from accounts in the UK. Please keep us updated. Best of luck.

At least you discovered that the form was needed in time ☺️ I sent my AOS in without it on March 2 and got denied BIG TIME. Have to start all over! 

15 hours ago, lainey122 said:

I'm working on my I-485, I-944, I-864, I-765 and I-131. lol

I feel like I just killed a small forest with the number of paper I'm sending in.

Anyone else feel the same?

🤯

Bank statements alone nearly broke my printer. It really seems excessive. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
Just now, mroctober430 said:

Bank statements alone nearly broke my printer. It really seems excessive. 

Yes, 12 months of bank statements is crazy to me!  I understand wanting to see more than 1 month, but 12 is overkill...especially when you have multiple accounts!

1 minute ago, bel044 said:

Yes, 12 months of bank statements is crazy to me!  I understand wanting to see more than 1 month, but 12 is overkill...especially when you have multiple accounts!

Yeah it's insane. Not only they want my wifes, but mine as well and we have a joint account for bills, so 36 months worth of statements. It actually makes the the original i-130/i-485 packet look tiny. 

Timeline
Just now, Matildathulin said:

My bank can't even provide me with statements that cover 12 months... I do not know how I'm gonna solve this situation :(

Maybe write a letter to explain?  A few of my accounts I opened up this year so I don't even have 12 months worth.  I wrote a letter to explain why I'm providing less than 12 months.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
Just now, bel044 said:

Maybe write a letter to explain?  A few of my accounts I opened up this year so I don't even have 12 months worth.  I wrote a letter to explain why I'm providing less than 12 months.

Thank you so much for this, I'm gonna try it out. I just called my bank and they said that I could take print screens of all of my transactions 24 months back in time, but I don't know if this is what the I-944 is requesting. You think I should print that information anyways?

Timeline
1 minute ago, TLi said:

Did you include your husband's tax returns from his country?

Not planning to since we're not using his foreign income to count towards our total.  I didn't read anywhere that says that is necessary.

Just now, bel044 said:

Not planning to since we're not using his foreign income to count towards our total.  I didn't read anywhere that says that is necessary.

Gotcha, I asked because I read the following:

If you are filing Form I-944 between January 1 and April 15 of any year, and you and/or your household members have
not yet filed the current year’s federal income tax return, submit IRS transcripts for the most recent tax year. At the time
of interview on your application, an officer may request the tax return transcripts for the current tax year. Submit any tax
transcripts for any income taxes that you or your household members filed with any foreign government if you or your
household members were residing outside of the United States during any time within the most recent tax year and you
were not required to file a federal individual income tax return with the United States government.

page 6 of 15

Timeline
11 minutes ago, TLi said:

Gotcha, I asked because I read the following:

If you are filing Form I-944 between January 1 and April 15 of any year, and you and/or your household members have
not yet filed the current year’s federal income tax return, submit IRS transcripts for the most recent tax year. At the time
of interview on your application, an officer may request the tax return transcripts for the current tax year. Submit any tax
transcripts for any income taxes that you or your household members filed with any foreign government if you or your
household members were residing outside of the United States during any time within the most recent tax year and you
were not required to file a federal individual income tax return with the United States government.

page 6 of 15

Well guess I missed that part!  Ugh...sounds like we should.  Now, have to track that down.

On 3/24/2020 at 9:24 PM, weelisa said:

Thanks - I am literally freaking out after thinking that I had my package well in hand. I only just found out about the I-944 and am frantically scrambling to get all the data I need from accounts in the UK. Please keep us updated. Best of luck.

I literally made this mistake yetserday.  We have been putting this AOS together for about 2 months now taking our time.  Didn't realize they updated the form till after sending it off in the mail and then seeing these forums.  Luckily was able to have USPS intercept it and send it back to us so we can update the form and add this new stupid form in. 

Question: Do you have to use checking and savings as asset evidence.  My tax returns are well above the 125% and I don't feel like cutting down the amazon to add 12 months of statements for both my bank accounts.  

5 hours ago, TreverR said:

I literally made this mistake yetserday.  We have been putting this AOS together for about 2 months now taking our time.  Didn't realize they updated the form till after sending it off in the mail and then seeing these forums.  Luckily was able to have USPS intercept it and send it back to us so we can update the form and add this new stupid form in. 

Question: Do you have to use checking and savings as asset evidence.  My tax returns are well above the 125% and I don't feel like cutting down the amazon to add 12 months of statements for both my bank accounts.  

Good job getting the forms returned. I'm wondering if anyone is actually working at USCIS just now anyway, but I really want to get mine sent off as my K1 visa runs out in 2 weeks. We're in the same boat - I know we didn't have to provide any asset evidence for the I-864 since my husband earns over the 125%, but we did for the I-944, just in case. I ended up providing my deeds to my UK house, my UK tax return, 12 months of my bank statements (savings and checking). I also got an Experian UK credit report. I waited 3 weeks for the free one they offer, but it has still not arrived, so I ended up signing up for their 30 day premium trial, just so that I could print my credit report. 

I also found it almost impossible to find evidence of a qualification in English, since I only studied it in high school 30 year ago! Hopefully my more recent degrees that were written in English will be enough...

Edited by weelisa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.