2,976 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, DmytriiD said:

you can own a business in the US even if you live outside of the US. YOu don't have to be physically here to own a business. What type of organization you trying to form? I am opening a business right now as well, I did a lot of research a hired an accountant. So maybe I can help, but as long as you have SSN you should have no problem creating an LLC or INC.

It’s a beauty salon business.

4 hours ago, Kersac said:

Hello guys, I received my official VAWA approval notice today. On the front, it says case has been approved. I noticed that the priority date listed on the front is November 29th, 2016 which is the priority date of my original filing (i-130 and i-485). My I-130 and i-485 were reopened and denial decision was reversed in May 2018 after I contacted my local immigration office upon receiving my VAWA Notice of Action. On the Back of the Approval notice, it says supplemental notice of deferred action and then goes on to say that my case had been approved back in Nov 27th, 2019. I am a little confused. I don't need deferred action because my I-485 was reopened back in May 2018 after I filed VAWA. So my question is that, is it just standard to have the deferred action on the back of the approval notice? My second question is that, does it all mean that my priority date from now on has been moved back to the priority date of my I-485 and I-130 which are still current to this date? Finally, my abusive spouse has not withdrawn the original I-130 petition. The I-130 petition was denied along with my I-485. However, when i went and requested for my I-485 to be reopened, they re-opened both the I-130 and I-485, so I am pretty sure my abusive spouse does not even have an idea that her petition for me was reopened. I dont even talk to her so i can't even call her and tell her about it. Is there any direct implication of that on my case now. And finally, when will my case be finally transferred back to my local office. I am in Dallas, Texas. Any body have clue of the transfer time for Dallas cases? This journey has been too damn long, i can't wait to end it. I am loosing patience. 

Its a standard format. Everyone gets deferred action along with vawa approval notice.

i am from Dallas too and waiting for my interview as well.. received courtesy letter last month.. please keep me informed about your i485

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
8 hours ago, sabina4 said:

is it safe to drive through a border patrol checkpoint station in Texas or New Mexico? (not the ones at the border). I'm not going to Mexico, just driving from New Mexico to Texas. I read there are also many checkpoints far from the borderline in those states. I'm still waiting for vawa approval but I have my work permit. would i need to carry that with me? can I get in trouble for driving through one of those stations?

As others have said, carry your work permit with you, and present that.  It also probably wouldn't hurt to carry a copy of your most recent receipt notices (like for your VAWA package) -- you might never need to show it, but who knows.

Avoid (like the plague!) the internal CBP checkpoint south of Alpine, Texas -- those agents make even native-born USCs feel like criminals.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
54 minutes ago, Shroy123 said:

Its a standard format. Everyone gets deferred action along with vawa approval notice.

i am from Dallas too and waiting for my interview as well.. received courtesy letter last month.. please keep me informed about your i485

Ok, I will you posted.  However, you are already ahead of me because you already have a courtesy letter which means your I-485 is probably already in Dallas. So, I am pretty sure you will have your next I-485 update before me.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
12 hours ago, sabina4 said:

is it safe to drive through a border patrol checkpoint station in Texas or New Mexico? (not the ones at the border). I'm not going to Mexico, just driving from New Mexico to Texas. I read there are also many checkpoints far from the borderline in those states. I'm still waiting for vawa approval but I have my work permit. would i need to carry that with me? can I get in trouble for driving through one of those stations?

Just bring with you the VAWA receipt and you will be fine.

Timeline
19 hours ago, Elisana said:

I have pending green card application, they just approved my Vawa, the waiting time for interview is the same as new I485 application? 

The waiting time depends of your local office workload.Some local offices can schedule the interview within 4 months, but other offices take 12/16 months.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Shroy123 said:

Not everyone gets deferred action.I had cases they granted deferred action, and I have cases they didn't granted, but USCIS never explained why some people gets deferred action and others don't.

Timeline
9 hours ago, Kersac said:

Hello guys, I received my official VAWA approval notice today. On the front, it says case has been approved. I noticed that the priority date listed on the front is November 29th, 2016 which is the priority date of my original filing (i-130 and i-485). My I-130 and i-485 were reopened and denial decision was reversed in May 2018 after I contacted my local immigration office upon receiving my VAWA Notice of Action. On the Back of the Approval notice, it says supplemental notice of deferred action and then goes on to say that my case had been approved back in Nov 27th, 2019. I am a little confused. I don't need deferred action because my I-485 was reopened back in May 2018 after I filed VAWA. So my question is that, is it just standard to have the deferred action on the back of the approval notice? My second question is that, does it all mean that my priority date from now on has been moved back to the priority date of my I-485 and I-130 which are still current to this date? Finally, my abusive spouse has not withdrawn the original I-130 petition. The I-130 petition was denied along with my I-485. However, when i went and requested for my I-485 to be reopened, they re-opened both the I-130 and I-485, so I am pretty sure my abusive spouse does not even have an idea that her petition for me was reopened. I dont even talk to her so i can't even call her and tell her about it. Is there any direct implication of that on my case now. And finally, when will my case be finally transferred back to my local office. I am in Dallas, Texas. Any body have clue of the transfer time for Dallas cases? This journey has been too damn long, i can't wait to end it. I am loosing patience. 

You just use the priority date if your former spouse is a green card holder.There is no implications because they reopened both petitions, but they will use the I-360 instead the I-360 to adjudicate your I-485. Usually USCIS ships the case to the local office within 30/45 days.

Timeline
9 hours ago, Elisana said:

Today I got very disappointed when I saw a Imigration lawyer saying that Trump ordered uscis to stop processing all the green card application 

Does anybody knows if is truth?

Applicants living in the U.S are exempt of the executive order  issued in April 2020.

Timeline
On 6/15/2020 at 12:42 AM, AhmedEid said:

Which cases are considered as emotional abuse in VAWA ??

Psychological abuse is a repeated pattern of  abusive behavior including humiliation, isolation, degradation ,threats ,control etc.

Filed: Other Timeline
11 hours ago, Kersac said:

@Kersac  congratulations

10 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Wow! Congratulations dear! You must be glad now..it's a significant step forward! Yes you will get the letter...keep us posted. I love to share in your joy!❤😊

@Stillwinning!!!😊 Thank you dear! I will keep posted. @Shroy123you were right does guys really takes their time.. Have a lovely days kids! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.