2,976 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, DmytriiD said:

I saw some people here reporting that they got I485 automatically approved without an interview.
The question is - was it instant approval after VAWA gets approved or anyway you have to wait in line for whatever time after Vawa approval ? How does this work?

As my lawyer explained to me after courtesy letter the next step would be request to send them your medical envelop instead of interview date notification (where you need to bring your envelop in normal circumstances) and then you get approval notice. I also hope on that especially during this epidemic it seems like we have a higher chance

Btw I got approved 3.5 months ago and still waiting for my courtesy letter, is anybody else in California also in the same situation? Still the same message on status check the case was transferred and etc

Filed: Other Timeline
On 5/12/2020 at 10:23 AM, Firat(Tur) said:

my ead and travel document were transferred yesterday. While I was filling wawa, My lawyer told them to hold my I 485 and transfer my ead and my I 131 which they did today but it says local office. ıt should have gone to vermont service center. ıs that some kind of glitch? another question ıt was in nbc pending 200 days. was there anybody on the same station who remember how long after they sent combo card? @sandranj  I need your wisdom sandra. Please respond if you know anything about this.

ead.PNG

I sent my I765 (c09) and I131 renewal on august 08 and still waiting.

I also filled for another I765 with my I360.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, DanyT. said:

I sent my I765 (c09) and I131 renewal on august 08 and still waiting.

I also filled for another I765 with my I360.

I sent my EAD/AP C09 Renewal on April 10 and it was approved yesterday May 12. Only 30 days.. I was very surprised. 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 4/29/2020 at 3:58 PM, mazi said:

Hi everyone, 

good day to you. 

I filed for VAWA JULY  2017, 

I got an RFP for January 23,2020

RFP to establish eligibility good faith based marriage, good Moral character and proof of residence. 

good faith based marriage, good Moral character and proof of residence. 

I checked my status yesterday and it was card was delivered by mail. picking up the card from my attorneys place.

I want to thank @Stillwinning!!!😊   @sandranj  @DmytriiD thank you very much. at some point i felt i was a pest to stillwining and Sandra.

the category of the work permit is c31

My attorney says he has to receive the notice of approval before he can put in my green card application . @sandranj please does the Work permit C31 means Vawa ia approved ?(because reading from the forum that is what I understand ). Kindly advice please 

I wish everyone on this forum all the best and i do hope we all get approved be it on Vawa, work permit, green card and citizenship.

above all Prayer and putting trust in God the Almighty is the most important . 

do have a blessed day 

Yes if you got the work permit category C31 ir means your VAWA was approved.

1 hour ago, Boris Britva said:

Btw I got approved 3.5 months ago and still waiting for my courtesy letter, is anybody else in California also in the same situation? Still the same message on status check the case was transferred and etc

Same here. I360 approved mid January, got an approval letter + deferred action notice  in March, and silence since then...

Edited by GreenB

Timeline
On 5/5/2020 at 11:29 PM, Formykid said:

Congratulations I'm also a december 2018 filer. My attorney told me i had to gether the money for the i485 because they wouldn't waive the fee.

99% of the AOS that I submitted USCIS waived the fees, of course you have to prove that you can't afford to pay the fees.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
49 minutes ago, GreenB said:

Same here. I360 approved mid January, got an approval letter + deferred action notice  in March, and silence since then...

Same here approved from June 2019 and i485 transferred from June 2019 and nothing since...Ct filer.

Timeline
On 5/11/2020 at 7:58 PM, Fmoyatty said:

Hello pls i have 2 questions from vawa...my 485 was hold in abeyance and i filed 360 December 2019,my lawyer told me i wont be getting receipt for my i360 because i have a pending 485 with them,pls is that true?

Secondly she said i cant renew my work authorization (765) that i have to wait till my 360 is approved.. pls advise me

Thanks 

Your attorney has no clue about VAWA.You will receive the receipt for your I-360,and you can renew your work permit, using category C9. 

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, sandranj said:

99% of the AOS that I submitted USCIS waived the fees, of course you have to prove that you can't afford to pay the fees.

Thank tou @sandranj he said i need paytub (i think) something that can prove that im not making enough money. Since I've never worked. I had to gather the 1225$. 

I can't wait for USCIS to send me a work permit so i can start working and reimburse that money. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline
3 hours ago, John_ said:

I sent my EAD/AP C09 Renewal on April 10 and it was approved yesterday May 12. Only 30 days.. I was very surprised. 

Did you receive a notice of action? 

33 minutes ago, Godschild said:

Did you receive a notice of action? 

Hello Family, my i765 based vawa status changed from fingerprint to new card been produced. Filed in Jan 07. So happy to see this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline
Just now, Abuga said:

Hello Family, my i765 based vawa status changed from fingerprint to new card been produced. Filed in Jan 07. So happy to see this.

How soon did you get your notice of action? You got approved in 30 days. That’s awesome.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.