Gaiden79

DS-260 Questions (merged topics)

29 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I'm the US Citizen spouse currently filling out the online ds-260 for my wife and had a couple questions. 

1. On page 1, how do i fill in full name in Native Alphabet? Or leave blank if native alphabet is English? 

2. On page 2, is document ID the passport number?

3. On page 3, what do I put for street address if there is no street or number? All my wife has is barangay, city, and postal code. 

4. On page 3, they ask about my wife's social media accounts. How strict are they if you accidentally forget one you had? 

5. On page 4, it asks for the address my wife intends to live at in the US, if my address changed since filing the I-130 would it be ok to put the new one here or do I need to notify the NVC for an address change? 

Thanks! 

Married: 9/27/2017

1. Native language means how your name is spelled in your country, including accent lettering, such as umlauts (äüö/čś) etc. if you don’t have any different spelling, just spell your name how it is.

2. yes, it is the number of your travel document.

3. for sections not applicable, write N/A

4. Include the social media accounts and handles of the accounts your wife mainly uses, including alternative accounts

5. yes, this is the stage where the actual intended address is “locked in”. 

visa Issued

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

From what I’ve seen here they aren’t strict if you forget listing a social media account. Obviously don’t hide anything, but if you forget to list one you could address it at the interview if they bring it up. 

2 hours ago, SorrowL said:

1. Native language means how your name is spelled in your country, including accent lettering, such as umlauts (äüö/čś) etc. if you don’t have any different spelling, just spell your name how it is.

2. yes, it is the number of your travel document.

3. for sections not applicable, write N/A

4. Include the social media accounts and handles of the accounts your wife mainly uses, including alternative accounts

5. yes, this is the stage where the actual intended address is “locked in”. 

Thank you so much for your replies. I just wanted to clarify on a few of your answers. 

1. For native language spelling i don't leave it blank right? I just put her regular spelling even if it's not different from the space above it? 

5. For the intended address to live you meant that i can just put my new address here without having to file any kind of address change with NVC

Thanks! 

2 hours ago, Iscir said:

From what I’ve seen here they aren’t strict if you forget listing a social media account. Obviously don’t hide anything, but if you forget to list one you could address it at the interview if they bring it up. 

That's what I was thinking too, just address it if they bring it up. Thanks! 

3 hours ago, Gaiden79 said:

Thank you so much for your replies. I just wanted to clarify on a few of your answers. 

1. For native language spelling i don't leave it blank right? I just put her regular spelling even if it's not different from the space above it? 

5. For the intended address to live you meant that i can just put my new address here without having to file any kind of address change with NVC

Thanks! 

1. Yes. I don’t see any issues with repeating a name, better than risking anything. In your native language, your name is written exactly the same, so why not write it the same.

5. you mean USCIS? You’ll have the option to confirm and verify your address with USCIS once your visa is approved and you need to pay the IV fee. You can change your address on myUSCIS at any point after that. 

visa Issued

Hi all,

US Citizen spouse here and I having been receiving great help from you all so far on the DS-260! I am now nearly finished but have a few more questions. I am filling it out for my spouse in the Philippines. 

Here are my questions: 

1). On the "Children Page" it asks if my daughter is immigrating with my wife to the US, because they do live together currently in the Philippines. My daughter already has a CRBA so she already has a US passport and everything. I would answer "NO" to that question right? Also after that it asks if she will immigrate at a later date... 

2). On the "Work/Education" page, it asks my wife's occupation or education. Currently she is just a "Homemaker" but does have a degree in Computer Science. Should I put the education there or her current occupation? 

3). On the "Previous Employment" page, it asks her previous employment history for past 10 years. On the I-130 i had forgot to include that she had a business license and had a franchise, I guess I overlooked it because I was the primary one operating it and didn't consider her. Should I now put that in there even though the I-130 was approved and did not have it? I guess the whole "Employment" thing threw me off since she wasn't an employee, we just had some employees for a short time. 

Thanks!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Gaiden79 said:

Hi all,

US Citizen spouse here and I having been receiving great help from you all so far on the DS-260! I am now nearly finished but have a few more questions. I am filling it out for my spouse in the Philippines. 

Here are my questions: 

1). On the "Children Page" it asks if my daughter is immigrating with my wife to the US, because they do live together currently in the Philippines. My daughter already has a CRBA so she already has a US passport and everything. I would answer "NO" to that question right? Also after that it asks if she will immigrate at a later date... 

2). On the "Work/Education" page, it asks my wife's occupation or education. Currently she is just a "Homemaker" but does have a degree in Computer Science. Should I put the education there or her current occupation? 

3). On the "Previous Employment" page, it asks her previous employment history for past 10 years. On the I-130 i had forgot to include that she had a business license and had a franchise, I guess I overlooked it because I was the primary one operating it and didn't consider her. Should I now put that in there even though the I-130 was approved and did not have it? I guess the whole "Employment" thing threw me off since she wasn't an employee, we just had some employees for a short time. 

Thanks!

NO is the correct answer.  The question relates to "others" obtaining a visa to travel.

Current occupation.   Don't stress on the employee issue for your wife, not all that important.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

19 hours ago, Hank_ said:

NO is the correct answer.  The question relates to "others" obtaining a visa to travel.

Current occupation.   Don't stress on the employee issue for your wife, not all that important.

Ok thanks for your quick response! 

Hello all,

Just doing some finishing touches on my DS-260 here. I had a few more questions to clarify before submitting. I'm the US citizen spouse doing this for my wife in the Philippines. As always appreciate everyone's help!

1). On the education section, it asks about "degree, diploma, or certificate of study" received? Would I just put the type of degree here like "associate degree for example?" Also what would I put for Highschool, like "Diploma?"

2). On the Security/background section, the question asks "Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S. law?" Is this question asking if my wife got her vaccinations according to US Standards and not philippines standards? 

3). On the Security/background section, the question asks "do I seek to enter the US for doing skilled or unskilled labor but not yet certified by secretary of labor?" Does this even pertain to my wife? If she has not immigrated to the US yet then its not relevant right? 

Thank you!

Timeline
5 hours ago, Gaiden79 said:

Hello all,

Just doing some finishing touches on my DS-260 here. I had a few more questions to clarify before submitting. I'm the US citizen spouse doing this for my wife in the Philippines. As always appreciate everyone's help!

1). On the education section, it asks about "degree, diploma, or certificate of study" received? Would I just put the type of degree here like "associate degree for example?" Also what would I put for Highschool, like "Diploma?"

2). On the Security/background section, the question asks "Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S. law?" Is this question asking if my wife got her vaccinations according to US Standards and not philippines standards? 

3). On the Security/background section, the question asks "do I seek to enter the US for doing skilled or unskilled labor but not yet certified by secretary of labor?" Does this even pertain to my wife? If she has not immigrated to the US yet then its not relevant right? 

Thank you!

1. You would enter the degree or diploma your wife possesses.

2.  You answer yes as your wife will receive the DS-3025 from St. Luke's at the completion of the medical.

3.  Nope doesn't apply.     

Philippines forum:  https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2020 at 5:33 AM, Hank_ said:

1. You would enter the degree or diploma your wife possesses.

2.  You answer yes as your wife will receive the DS-3025 from St. Luke's at the completion of the medical.

3.  Nope doesn't apply.     

Philippines forum:  https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Sorry for the late reply, thanks for your response. 

For number 2 why would I answer yes if my wife hasn't yet done her St. Luke's medical? I saw that someone else in this forum says to answer "no" and explain that she will get that documentation at the completion of the St. Lukes medical exam. 

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Gaiden79 said:

Sorry for the late reply, thanks for your response. 

For number 2 why would I answer yes if my wife hasn't yet done her St. Luke's medical? I saw that someone else in this forum says to answer "no" and explain that she will get that documentation at the completion of the St. Lukes medical exam. 

Because she WILL have the DS-3025  and the application relates to the interview and she will have this completed at that time.     (do keep the DS-3025 safe as it will be needed once in the USA.  DO NOT bring it to the interview)

You do as you please.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

On 3/2/2020 at 2:38 PM, Hank_ said:

Because she WILL have the DS-3025  and the application relates to the interview and she will have this completed at that time.     (do keep the DS-3025 safe as it will be needed once in the USA.  DO NOT bring it to the interview)

You do as you please.

Oh ok, so those questions pertain to the interview stage only, not necessarily the present time? Seems like a misleading question somewhat. 

Hi guys,

I'm the US Citizen spouse petitioning my wife in the Philippines and I'm currently filling out the DS-260 IV form. I just had a question about information being different from the I-130 to the DS-260 because on my wife's employment dates for one of her jobs I put it for 2012 on the I-130 but when we got to the NVC stage and I started filling out the DS-260 for her I realized she made a mistake and it was 2013 she was employed there.

So what should I do? I am worried about making it different than what I already put in the I-130. Thanks so much as always for your advice!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.