Chilindas

POTOMAC (YSC) I-751 Non Transferred Filers ONLY...

1,263 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Rosa Garcia said:

Does anybody know if the I-751 case was sitting in Potomac for almost 20 months and was transferred to NBC for ' interview to be scheduled in local office's , will the counting start again??? Some people advise the processing time for local offices is up to 34 months! My case is in NBC for almost 5 months now. I'm waiting for a slot in Miami.

Hola Rosa your processing time is still on YSC check your PD and if you are out of the 22 months window go ahead and call them.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Ok an update, my wife had here N-400 interview yesterday, she passed it and the officer told her she should expect a notice in the mail for the ceremony date.  She just got an email today pertaining to her removal of conditions, the noticed said they transfer her case to another office for processing. This is very confusing since she already had her N-400 interview, and the interviewing officer did not mention her I-751 .

Anyways we will wait a few days and see if there is any other update on her case.

8 hours ago, silv3r said:

Yes that’s pretty much why you will have an interview , because you didn’t have it for AOS. Actually it is odd that you were assigned to YSC, USCIS officials said during a webinar last year that the people that didnt have an interview for AOS are assigned to MSC  when applying for ROC and an interview should be expected 

Whem we did cr-1 it was through YSC as well so maybe that's why?

20 hours ago, silv3r said:

Hola Rosa your processing time is still on YSC check your PD and if you are out of the 22 months window go ahead and call them.

I did call them but they told me to wait for an interview:(. I contacted an immigration attorney and he said local offices are back up and I may wait up to two years for an interview! I can't believe in it! Congressman did not even read my email and send me an email saying thank you for contacting us regarding covid 19 which I never inquired about! Is that extremely disrespectful or what

7 minutes ago, Rosa Garcia said:

I did call them but they told me to wait for an interview:(. I contacted an immigration attorney and he said local offices are back up and I may wait up to two years for an interview! I can't believe in it! Congressman did not even read my email and send me an email saying thank you for contacting us regarding covid 19 which I never inquired about! Is that extremely disrespectful or what

I don’t know if you did it already but I’d call again and request to speak to a level 2 agent. The level 1 agents don’t do anything most of the time they only give these standard type of answers they don’t even check on your actual case 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 7/21/2021 at 12:41 PM, Aureliaxue said:

I called them and waited for 70 minutes and rep told me i need to schedule my infopass after 17 months from my expiration date. 

I am still waiting to hear something. Filed on septepber 20, 2019. it has been 22 months 7 days so far. 

17 months is up for me this month. So how did your info pass appointment go? Did you get your i-155 Stamp in your passport? 

17 minutes ago, Robz13 said:

My friend case was approved today!!! Dec 2019, no interview or RFE. So Dec 2019 folks your time is coming !!! Thank you 🙌 Jesus. 

That’s awesome! What’s the notice date in December?

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, tayro said:

My husband's green card is on the way! He applied in January 2020 and was just approved last week. It seems to me that they are really picking up the pace.

Congratulations! That's really great! What's the notice date in January? Mine's in February so I'm super anxious about it.

I filled (Jointly) for ROC in July 2020 and my service center is Potomac (YSC), I never moved/changed addresses. I have been following up with the case but the last update was January 22 2021 when the status was changed to "The fingerprints relating to your Form I-751 Petition to Remove Condition on Residence, were Taken" and since then there hasn't been any other update until this afternoon when I check and saw this update " On August 26, 2021, we transferred your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number YSC**********, to another office for processing and sent you a transfer notice. The notice explains why we transferred your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by September 25, 2021, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

Please has anyone received this type of update before and what would be the next step(s)?

Looking forward to your responses, Thanks all ..... Please see below my timeline.

August 26, 2021 Case Transferred To Another Office

January 22, 2021 The fingerprints relating to your Form I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, were taken.

July 28, 2020 We received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
8 hours ago, azezy said:

On August 26, 2021, we transferred your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number YSC**********, to another office for processing and sent you a transfer notice.

We got a similar notice when USCIS transferred our i751 case to the national benefit center for faster processing back on December 24th 2020. They will also move i751 applications to the NBC to hold until your local office can schedule your case for an interview (may take many months). It is possible USCIS may move your case to any service center to balance workload.

You will get more info about why they moved it when you get a copy of the notice.

K1 Visa Arrived USA July 2017

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Filed for i751 joint application May 2020

Fingerprints reused October 2020, and February 2021 and June 2021 (Yes 3 fingerprint notices)

Case move to National Benefits Center December 2020 for quicker processing from California Service Center

Oct 2021 out of processing time inquiry made, response May 5th 2022 that our i751 case will be addressed at our n400 interview

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento

Approved June 08, 2022

Filed for Naturalization May 2021

Fingerprints reused May 2021

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento, 

Approved June 08, 2022

Oath Ceremony completed June 29th 2022

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.