stillirise

We need advice please

29 posts in this topic

You previously stated that you were going to have a joint sponsor.  Is that still the case?  The petitioner will still need to file the I-1864 and a letter as to why she did not file a tax return(s), because of not meeting the income requirement.  

Has she visited you since the filing?  Lagos is a tough embassy and you need plenty of face to face time.  

Since she is on disability and food stamps expect even higher scrutiny during the interview. Food stamps is an issue because that is usually treated as a household benefit.   Food it typically shared between household members.

What other red flags are there?   Age, religion?  Has she meet you family? Mother?

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Paul & Mary said:

You previously stated that you were going to have a joint sponsor.  Is that still the case?  The petitioner will still need to file the I-1864 and a letter as to why she did not file a tax return(s), because of not meeting the income requirement.  

Has she visited you since the filing?  Lagos is a tough embassy and you need plenty of face to face time.  

Since she is on disability and food stamps expect even higher scrutiny during the interview. Food stamps is an issue because that is usually treated as a household benefit.   Food it typically shared between household members.

What other red flags are there?   Age, religion?  Has she meet you family? Mother?

Yes she met my family also we had our marriage here in Lagos she spent some days with me ,the filling is to invite me to move there so we live as family,yes we have 11years age difference which is not a problem to us

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

How many times did she visit before you married?

Do I take it that she is 11 years older?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
39 minutes ago, Boiler said:

How many times did she visit before you married?

Do I take it that she is 11 years older?

She visited once for now and she’s  11years older 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, stillirise said:

She visited once for now and she’s  11years older 

I appreciate this is very common in Nigeria, but much less so in the US so you can expect you case to be more closely scrutinized.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

20 hours ago, stillirise said:

Either she is here or am here it’s ok the same not everyone are used to the internet that much so if am surfing for information to help us it not a bad idea also

I think what people are trying to tell you is that it's easier to ask the USC more specific questions - especially about US taxes. So far, you haven't really been able to answer/explain why she's exempt from taxes which makes it a little harder for people to help you.

Consulate: South Africa
Married: 2011-06-25
I-130 Sent: 2011-07-22
I-130 NOA1: 2011-07-25
I-130 Approved: 2011-07-27
Receive I-864 Package: 2011-11-10
Return Completed I-864: 2011-11-14
Packet 3 Received: 2011-11-10
Packet 3 Sent: 2011-11-10
Packet 4 Received: 2011-11-15
Interview Date: 2011-11-30
Interview Result: Approved
Visa Received: 2011-12-06
US Entry: 2012-01-11
Port of Entry: San Francisco

ROC I-751 Filed: 2013-12-19

NOA1: 2013-12-23

Biometrics: 2014-01-16

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Miss M said:

I think what people are trying to tell you is that it's easier to ask the USC more specific questions - especially about US taxes. So far, you haven't really been able to answer/explain why she's exempt from taxes which makes it a little harder for people to help you.

I dnt know why she is,am here in Nigeria I dnt know if she is getting the right information cause she was at the federal building to ask if she can get a personal tax return done but the lady there said no the lady said they don’t take any thing from her check cause (she gets check for disability)am just making sure if she is right or if my wife needs to go to another place that can help her do the tax,I’m asking questions so to make sure everything is in other and am doing the right.

Timeline

We have language issues, and obviously you do not know how things work in the US, why should you? Hence much better if she asks.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Boiler said:

We have language issues, and obviously you do not know how things work in the US, why should you? Hence much better if she asks.

Ok

If she didn't make enough on I-864p to sponsor you and is only receiving disability income and food stamps,  I doubt she would have the threshold for filing a tax return.  https://www.disability-benefits-help.org/faq/file-taxes-when-receiving-disability-benefits

Normally a petitioner would handle everything up to the filing of the DS-260.   Your involvement at this step shows problems that can arise at the interview.  Nigeria being a hard interview, you are putting in more effort the the USC.  I know you love her a lot but this is not your job to handle.  She needs to go see a tax accountant if she has questions.

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

Timeline
1 hour ago, Paul & Mary said:

If she didn't make enough on I-864p to sponsor you and is only receiving disability income and food stamps,  I doubt she would have the threshold for filing a tax return.  https://www.disability-benefits-help.org/faq/file-taxes-when-receiving-disability-benefits

Normally a petitioner would handle everything up to the filing of the DS-260.   Your involvement at this step shows problems that can arise at the interview.  Nigeria being a hard interview, you are putting in more effort the the USC.  I know you love her a lot but this is not your job to handle.  She needs to go see a tax accountant if she has questions.

She is doing everything all by herself but she give me feed backs and I come on here to ask for assistance to confirm what she is did if we on the right track,she paid the attorney to assist her and we discuss any development I also ask questions to make sure we doing the right thing,yesterday she said she went to the federal building to see if she can fill tax cause the attorney asked her to do that on getting to the federal building the lady said she can’t ,she told me that and I care on here to confirm is it’s right she can’t just making sure the lady at the federal building gave her the right information,but all information I get here makes me know she can’t fill tax I really appreciate all the information ,my wife would have been on here but she is not good with internet 

11 minutes ago, stillirise said:

she went to the federal building to see if she can fill tax cause the attorney asked her to do that on getting to the federal building the lady said she can’t

You don't need to owe tax in order to file a tax return.

Timeline

You do not have to be good with the Internet to post on here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.