DELETEME1234

February 2020 AOS Filers (mod edit to title)

498 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Ihatebaseboards said:

Did you go for a biometric appointment?

Yes i did. Should have walk-in last week instead of wait for the scheduled date... 

Want to know more about apply for K1 VISA / Green card in TAIWAN? come visit my blog https://summerprincess.pixnet.net/blog

3 hours ago, W.Rominger said:

Yes i did. Should have walk-in last week instead of wait for the scheduled date... 

My appointment was on 20th March. I walked in to nearest ASC last Friday to try and get in, but they did not let me in saying no walk-ins anymore. :(

Timeline
54 minutes ago, Ihatebaseboards said:

My appointment was on 20th March. I walked in to nearest ASC last Friday to try and get in, but they did not let me in saying no walk-ins anymore. :(

Oh u r making me feel so much better

i have been blaming myself the Whole day for not following my gut feeling and went in last week 😢

Want to know more about apply for K1 VISA / Green card in TAIWAN? come visit my blog https://summerprincess.pixnet.net/blog

7 hours ago, W.Rominger said:

Oh u r making me feel so much better

i have been blaming myself the Whole day for not following my gut feeling and went in last week 😢

Yeah don't worry my wife's biometrics were scheduled on March 24th. We literally went in on Tuesday the 17th because we were in the area (unknowing they would close down everything on the 18th), and they told us they don't take walk-ins anymore. We are kind pissed they didn't just let us do it, seeing as the center was empty when we walked in. But in light of whats going on, can't say we didn't try. Guess we are all hunkered down together.

19 hours ago, beefmaster said:

Just got an RFIE on my I-485. Does anyone know what these typically relate to? I just went through the checklist again and I am 100% positive that my lawyer submitted all the relevant documentation (I certainly gave it all to him and it was in the package I checked). 

Does this usually delay the I-765 process?

It's typically fundamental stuff like a missing long-form birth certificate, marriage certificate, the sponsor not being sufficient and this needing a joint sponsor. Stuff that is needed as bare minimum to consider it a complete application.

Timeline
8 hours ago, bodgie19 said:

Yeah don't worry my wife's biometrics were scheduled on March 24th. We literally went in on Tuesday the 17th because we were in the area (unknowing they would close down everything on the 18th), and they told us they don't take walk-ins anymore. We are kind pissed they didn't just let us do it, seeing as the center was empty when we walked in. But in light of whats going on, can't say we didn't try. Guess we are all hunkered down together.

I live in Oahu,Hawaii so the office is only within 20min driving distance. But for those who live in mainland, it takes longer to drive and you probably need to take a day off for the appointment ( took a bus myself so my husband could stay at work).

Up until today there is no notice on office closing in mail or txt. Which means people who’s appointment scheduled this month is still visiting the office while exposing themselves in the risk of getting coronavirus.

I really wish they have handled this situation better 😫

So I faxed the cover letter and job offer for EAD expedite last night. My case status updated today. "On March 18, 2020, your request to have your case expedited, referral number WKD*************MSC, was completed. After reading tons of posts in this thread, the next step would be either approval or denial...ughh...soooo anxious now!!!

Edited by xin.penguin

23 minutes ago, xin.penguin said:

So I faxed the cover letter and job offer for EAD expedite last night. My case status updated today. "On March 18, 2020, your request to have your case expedited, referral number WKD*************MSC, was completed. After reading tons of posts in this thread, the next step would be either approval or denial...ughh...soooo anxious now!!!

You should heard something by tomorrow 

lets be positive , it will be an approval!!!

yeaaah 

25 minutes ago, xin.penguin said:

I faxed everything on Monday and didn't get any notifications. Did you receive an email?

2 minutes ago, xin.penguin said:

Nah I didn't receive any confirmation email either.

So you saw this information when you checked the status of I-765 on USCIS web site?

Just now, Cornflake said:

So you saw this information when you checked the status of I-765 on USCIS web site?

Correct. But I am unsure whether the "request...was complete" update showed up before or after faxing since everything happened so fast. I was amazed by how fast USCIS moved this time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.