Koko bongo

Trump's Travel Ban Mega Thread

2,378 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Treasure1 said:

Congrats to those in the spousal category, hopefully they'll include k category soon, all the best to all of us. 

Screenshot_2020-10-26-21-20-29.png

Thank you so much for update. I am truly happy for those other visa classes. However, it's incredibly frustrating to see K-1 left out once again despite the state Dept announcement that they are to be given high priority also.  I know all we can do is wait, but it's still disappointing 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, S&Pro said:

Thank you so much for update. I am truly happy for those other visa classes. However, it's incredibly frustrating to see K-1 left out once again despite the state Dept announcement that they are to be given high priority also.  I know all we can do is wait, but it's still disappointing 

I don't think they are open now because of the protests and violence though.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Patricia Owuh said:

I don't think they are open now because of the protests and violence though.

Everything has calmed down and things are back to normal especially in Lagos. The 24hrs curfew has also been lifted, so I don’t see why they shouldn’t open anytime soon. They should make an announcement this week 

Timeline
6 hours ago, S&Pro said:

Frustrating to say the least! After interview cancellation and so much wait. I just pray we are not left out even though we weren't mentioned, I still pray they get to us soon.

On 10/22/2020 at 6:13 PM, juliusbliss said:

Are you referring to the Affidavit of Support or the Tax return? During mine I only went with the original of the AOS while  the Tax return was a copy. 

OK I will tell y'all this. Every IO (Immigration Officer) is differ. The questions you may be asked might be different from the other  base on the circumstances surrounding your case. 

To be on a safer side you are advice to come to the interview with the original documents not copy. 

The only thing you need to come with a copy is 

* marriage certificate( original +copy) 

*birth certificate (original +copy) 

On my interview day the IO will look at the monitor ask me where is this where is that. I will have to show him the original of all the documents I submitted to the NVC cos he was staring at them right there at the monitor. 

I presented everything to him right there exactly the way they were sent to the NVC

At the end he looked at the original and took what he needed and gave me back what I needed and took the copy which is the marriage and birth certificate.

@was it included in the body of the mail to drop your passport or just attached that indicate that?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Johnkenni said:

@was it included in the body of the mail to drop your passport or just attached that indicate that?

Nope. Form indicating to drop my passport was given to me by the IO on the day I went to pickup up my passport from the embassy  for my medical screen exercise. 

Timeline
13 hours ago, Johnkenni said:

Because the email I got didn't specify I I submit my passport but the attached form says. Some people were not allowed to submit passport with the same form 

I just called but didn't answer. 

Yes they won't accept the passport because nothing checked in the form attach in email to submit your passport. 

This is what happen prior the very day I did my interview which causes the delay of why I'm still waiting for my visa now. The IO told me to submit the requested documents along with passport after my interview he gave me 221g form checked the documents that I'm to bring but forget to check the box that says submit your passport (only if requested). When I got to the DHL and I gave them the 221g form that I was given with the approriate documents, they took everything from me except my passport. Why? because the box wasn't checked.

So this last time when I went to pick up my passport for the redoing of my medical exam the IO almost did same thing. He told me to take my passport and do the exam then after the exam I should go to DHL and submit meanwhile the email sent to me didn't ask me to submit passport cos the passport was already there with them so I had to tell the IO that I'll need him to give me something to show to the DHL staff so they can accept my passport for submission and quickly he said 'oh right' then he gave me 221g form but this time he wrote my full name on top and my case number and checked the box that says I should drop my passport and then sign on it. 

After getting all my documents together I went to DHL office and submit everything including the passport. Hoping to hear from them soon🙏🙏🙏

Edited by juliusbliss

Timeline
6 hours ago, Kide said:

Hi.. please have you heard of any Nigerian who has gotten either a Cr1 or Ir1 Visa recently? Thanks

Yea last week and this week.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Okwu Samuel said:

We are moving to the new era I pray that things will turn around to favour us

Screenshot_20201105-053826.png

Not so sure but let's hope.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.