90DayFinancier

Warm water discovered beneath Antarctica's 'doomsday' glacier, scientists say

16 posts in this topic

Filed: O-2 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

DOYLE RICE | USA TODAY | 19 hours ago

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
At 74,000 square miles, the glacier is roughly the same size as Florida.

The glacier earned its ominous "doomsday" nickname because it's one of Antarctica's fastest melting glaciers.

Already, ice draining from Thwaites accounts for about 4 percent of global sea-level rise.

An underwater robot discovered warm water under the Florida-sized Thwaites Glacier in Antarctica, which could speed up the already-melting glacier.

Scientists have discovered warm water underneath the Thwaites Glacier in Antarctica, which could speed up the melting of the Florida-sized block of ice, potentially affecting sea-level rise around the world. 

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/4621838002

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Before everyone panics, maybe we need to understand a longer term dataset of the temperature of the water under the glacier.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Climate change: 'Stop using the worst-case scenario ... as the most likely outcome,' experts say

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/01/30/climate-change-worst-case-scenario-misleading-experts-say/2854910001/

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: O-2 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Climate change: 'Stop using the worst-case scenario ... as the most likely outcome,' experts say

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/01/30/climate-change-worst-case-scenario-misleading-experts-say/2854910001/

I did catch that. This caught my eye.

"According to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, the worst-case scenario predicts the globe will warm by 9 degrees Fahrenheit (5 degrees Celsius) by the end of the century. This is "a dystopian future that is fossil-fuel intensive and excludes any climate mitigation policies," the authors said."

In other words, if you follow Trump's vision of coal, oil and gas...you could face dystopian future.

Timeline

I doubt Trump will be President in 2100

Medical science.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

For most of his life he was a Dem and his ideas were pretty much main stream Dem, I can understand people who do not like him, I do not, but for his ideas is somewhat confusing when they describe themselves as basically being of the same philosophy.

Edited by Boiler

Timeline
9 minutes ago, 90DayFinancier said:

Which Democrats?

That is an excellent question, are Progressives, the Antifa and Woke wing Dems?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, 90DayFinancier said:

Are we down to answering questions with questions?

Just trying to clarify yours.

10 minutes ago, 90DayFinancier said:

Are we down to answering questions with questions?

Good question ?