Ilovecake

I-751 FEBRUARY 2020 FILERS

790 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Marieke H said:

Okay, time for me to officially join this thread! I was already lurking, because I was stressing about my credit card not being charged yet. But then I saw that it's totally normal to take about a week. 

I sent my packet on Wednesday, February 19. It was received at the AZ lockbox on Friday, February 21. Today, February 27, my credit card was charged. I've never been more excited to see a huge charge on my card! So I'm guessing I'll get the text notification today or tomorrow, and hopefully the NOA will come soon.

The annoying thing is that I also just got my driver's license; it took me 2 years to find the confidence to finally take the driving test (I had already done the knowledge test several times, had learner's permits that had to be renewed every 6 months). Passed the test on Monday, went to the DMV on Tuesday, to find out they could only give me a license for a month, until the expiration date of my greencard. Ugh. Well, at least I'll be allowed to drive myself to the DMV using my 1-month license once my NOA arrives, so my husband doesn't have to take time off work anymore to take me there... 

Good luck everyone!

Thank you Marieke , and welcome to the forum, please keep updating the process of your case and good luck!!

3 hours ago, Marieke H said:

Okay, time for me to officially join this thread! I was already lurking, because I was stressing about my credit card not being charged yet. But then I saw that it's totally normal to take about a week. 

I sent my packet on Wednesday, February 19. It was received at the AZ lockbox on Friday, February 21. Today, February 27, my credit card was charged. I've never been more excited to see a huge charge on my card! So I'm guessing I'll get the text notification today or tomorrow, and hopefully the NOA will come soon.

The annoying thing is that I also just got my driver's license; it took me 2 years to find the confidence to finally take the driving test (I had already done the knowledge test several times, had learner's permits that had to be renewed every 6 months). Passed the test on Monday, went to the DMV on Tuesday, to find out they could only give me a license for a month, until the expiration date of my greencard. Ugh. Well, at least I'll be allowed to drive myself to the DMV using my 1-month license once my NOA arrives, so my husband doesn't have to take time off work anymore to take me there... 

Good luck everyone!

Yay! Mine arrived one day before yours and my money order was cashed a few days ago! How exciting. Do ya'll know how long before USCIS sends confirmation that they have received the package? 

10 minutes ago, Isabella Gjo said:

Yay! Mine arrived one day before yours and my money order was cashed a few days ago! How exciting. Do ya'll know how long before USCIS sends confirmation that they have received the package? 

Some of us got it in a few days

4 minutes ago, Isabella Gjo said:

In a few days after it being delivered or a few days after the money order was cashed? And how do they notify you? Sorry I've been using visa journey as a source for a few years but don't seem to know about this part of the process

I don’t remember the exact timeline and I’m not at home to see the calendar but if you go back in this forum you can find my timeline and others so you have an idea 

7 minutes ago, Efren Gonzalez said:

I don’t remember the exact timeline and I’m not at home to see the calendar but if you go back in this forum you can find my timeline and others so you have an idea 

Just checked and it looks like most people got their notifications the same day their payment was processed. Mine was cashed on the 25th but we didn't receive anything. Incredibly annoying

Come On Reaction GIF by NBA

Edited by Isabella Gjo

1 hour ago, Isabella Gjo said:

Just checked and it looks like most people got their notifications the same day their payment was processed. Mine was cashed on the 25th but we didn't receive anything. Incredibly annoying

Come On Reaction GIF by NBA

Hang in there we know how it feels to wait for news

2 hours ago, Isabella Gjo said:

Our card was charged and a text received 3 days after receipt.  We received the Notice in the mail 3 days after that.

Finally done.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Montenegro
Timeline
1 hour ago, Talako said:

Our card was charged and a text received 3 days after receipt.  We received the Notice in the mail 3 days after that.

This is reassuring since I'm in the same boat as Isabella. Our check was cashed on 2/24 but still no email/text

Edited by atina

Could I ask everyone in this thread to please complete their VJ timeline? It's so much easier to just look at someone's timeline instead of searching for their dates in a 13-page thread that is only going to get longer... 

Thank you!

Timeline

2/18: package delivered in TX 

2/21: received 18-month extension notice in the mail

Our case was assigned to Vermont! I checked the processing times on USCIS and it seems like VT is the shortest so that's good. 

57 minutes ago, Marieke H said:

Could I ask everyone in this thread to please complete their VJ timeline? It's so much easier to just look at someone's timeline instead of searching for their dates in a 13-page thread that is only going to get longer... 

Thank you!

2/8/20 packet mailed

2/11/20 packet delivered

2/13/20 NOA (dated)

2/14/20 check cashed

2/18/20 text with receipt 

1 minute ago, Efren Gonzalez said:

2/8/20 packet mailed

2/11/20 packet delivered

2/13/20 NOA (dated)

2/14/20 check cashed

2/18/20 text with receipt 

As you can see it took 10 days from sending the packet to getting the txt , I hope that helps

Timeline
1 hour ago, atina said:

2/18: package delivered in TX 

2/27: received 18-month extension notice in the mail

Our case was assigned to Vermont! I checked the processing times on USCIS and it seems like VT is the shortest so that's good. 

I meant 2/27! Lol it was dated to 2/21

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.