Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, chxakx said:

I have my biometrics appointment for I-131 tomorrow as well and I got my combo card but I’ll just go to avoid problems. I called USCIS and they didn’t get back to me in time before my appointment, but some people had theirs cancelled just by calling USCIS. Other people who went to their second biometrics appointment were told that biometrics for I-131 is totally different, even if they already have their combo card. So we really need to go, according to them. I just saw different posts about this on Facebook groups. 

Thanks for the reply and congrats on the combo card! May I ask how to get through to a person at uscis? I tried calling a couple times and no matter what I did it wouldn't connect me to a person.

44 minutes ago, fionayuki said:

Thanks for the reply and congrats on the combo card! May I ask how to get through to a person at uscis? I tried calling a couple times and no matter what I did it wouldn't connect me to a person.

I just followed this 😅 I called around 8AM CT though. It connected me to an agent right away. I also tried the Emma chat but it wasn’t very helpful lol. 

2152836A-BDF7-4518-B85A-58E3FE4579D3.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

just letting everyone know I still went to biometrics appointment since I never heard back from them when I asked to cancel it. 

I was an hour late, and they only took one fingerprint.

Went to my I-131 bio appointment today since I didn’t get a call or an e-mail stating it was just an error. It was scheduled at 11 but got there at 9. They let me in early since we drove like 4 hours. Didn’t even bother asking about it lol

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 10/21/2020 at 1:52 AM, B3M said:

Not really, I did reach to my Congresswoman and she is willing to help! We'll see

How did things go? Just checking on you.

Timeline
On 11/12/2020 at 1:48 PM, Amaterasu said:

GC arrived today! One week from the interview. Much quicker than the EAD.

Best of luck to everyone, no immigration worries for the next 1.75 years :)

Congrats! I'm very happy to see stories like this in the thread! We have been on the "Waiting to be scheduled" status since April. I'm thinking we might have to file to extend his EAD if nothing changes by January. Anyways best of luck to you, at least this gives me hope, though our field offices are different.

Timeline
On 11/10/2020 at 2:12 PM, MeowQwak172 said:

Hello everyone,

I've been a silent follower of this thread and just registered to share my timeline and experience

Initial FO: Detroit, MI

02/02/20 - AOS package sent (I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131/I-864/I-693)

02/06/20 - Package received

02/12/20 - Credit Card charged

02/22/20 - Received Biometric Appointment notice in Mail

03/07/20 - Biometric Appointment

03/07/20 - Fingerprint applied

03/30/20 - We are ready to schedule your interview

07/25/20 - Filed AR-11 change of address 

07/28/20 - "We cancelled the scheduled interview for your I-485" (I believed it's triggered by change of address)

07/28/20 - Your request to change your address was assigned to an officer for response

07/28/20 - Your request to change address was completed 

--------FO changed to Denver, CO--------

08/12/20 - I called USCIS to confirm the address change (no change of address letter ever received). I also asked tier 1 where my case is located (Answered: NBC), that's why I believed my case was never scheduled for interview

08/26/20 - We are ready to schedule your interview

10/05/20 - We scheduled an interview for you I-485 (I received the notification from myuscis, egov didn't update until 10/14)

10/09/20 - Received interview notice in mail

11/09/20 - Interview (Interview was around 45min. General questions about background and relationship but in A LOT OF detail. The officer didn't mention anything about decision but mentioned about removal of condition)

11/09/20 - 2hr after interview: we ordered your new card (I-130 changed to interview completed by still need review)

11/10/20 - Your case is approved (both I-130 and I-485)

I was really nervous and searched a lot on VJ when I received the "we cancelled your interview" after my address change, so I hope this would provide a bit information to people like me :)

I'm nervously waiting for my GC to come in mail now. Looking forward to this free-of-uscis time before filing I751.

Hope everyone get interview and GC sooooon!! 

I'm so pressed and can't wait! Congrats to you thanks for sharing your timeline!

Timeline

Anybody else waiting to be scheduled for an interview? Anybody in particular waiting from a California Field Office???

Mines would be Imperial, CA (I assume since it's the nearest one to me, 55 minute drive away from my home).

7 hours ago, chxakx said:

Went to my I-131 bio appointment today since I didn’t get a call or an e-mail stating it was just an error. It was scheduled at 11 but got there at 9. They let me in early since we drove like 4 hours. Didn’t even bother asking about it lol

Even though it was a hassle for you, it was best you went. I know the feeling though. Good deal for you!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

I did my biometrics on October 20. I know a lot of people did it on the same days. Anybody else waiting on updates/EAD?

No case status update, still fingerprint fee was received.  I can't submit an “outside normal processing time” service request, because every time I tried it says "error, please contact technical support".

On 11/12, my I-765 status changed to "New Card is Being Produced", and then on 11/13, the status changed to "Case was Approved". I could not find conclusive information on whether this is the normal path for the status changes. Have anyone experienced this? Should I be worried at all?

Thank you!

43 minutes ago, LGCS98 said:

On 11/12, my I-765 status changed to "New Card is Being Produced", and then on 11/13, the status changed to "Case was Approved". I could not find conclusive information on whether this is the normal path for the status changes. Have anyone experienced this? Should I be worried at all?

Thank you!

That’s how it was for me. 2 days after case approved, it changed to card was mailed to me. 

5 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

Even though it was a hassle for you, it was best you went. I know the feeling though. Good deal for you!

I agree! I just don’t want to keep worrying about it. 😅 Thank you! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 hours ago, Loveusafreedom said:

I did my biometrics on October 20. I know a lot of people did it on the same days. Anybody else waiting on updates/EAD?

No case status update, still fingerprint fee was received.  I can't submit an “outside normal processing time” service request, because every time I tried it says "error, please contact technical support"

Mine at least says fingerprints were taken but nothing else now... Slow AF

On 11/14/2020 at 8:38 AM, Loveusafreedom said:

No case status update, still fingerprint fee was received.  I can't submit an “outside normal processing time” service request, because every time I tried it says "error, please contact technical support".

I had my biometrics on Oct 22nd and my EAD was approved Nov 12th.

Have you tried raising a service request through the virtual assistant (Emma)? That was what I did. Although Emma connected me to a live representative.

Cheers

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.