Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, mvasantos said:

Hey everyone!

I guess today was my lucky day with a tier 2 agent. He scheduled a bio appt for me! It's on next month but at least I finally have a date! He can't send the notice through e-mail yet unless it's 5 days before the appt but I'm supposed to get it in 10 days on the mail. I guess it's about trying and trying until you get somebody nice. I hope this is true though bc if it's not I'll be really sad.

Good luck everyone!

Congratulations! 

8 hours ago, mvasantos said:

Hey everyone!

I guess today was my lucky day with a tier 2 agent. He scheduled a bio appt for me! It's on next month but at least I finally have a date! He can't send the notice through e-mail yet unless it's 5 days before the appt but I'm supposed to get it in 10 days on the mail. I guess it's about trying and trying until you get somebody nice. I hope this is true though bc if it's not I'll be really sad.

Good luck everyone!

congrats

duh

16 hours ago, mvasantos said:

Hey everyone!

Good luck everyone!

Congrats. Too long coming...

K1:

Spoiler

06/21/2019 - Sent I-129F package to USCIS(California Service Center)
07/23/2019 - Received NOA1
NOA2             - Never received NOA2
11/12/2019 - Case left NVC
11/19/2019 - Case received by Consulate
01/16/2020 - Interview (APPROVED!)
01/24/2020 - Visa received
02/07/2020 - Entry into the USA (Boston-Logan POE)
02/18/2020 - Wedding

EAD & AP

Spoiler

02/26/2020 - USCIS: We received your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.
02/26/2020 - USCIS: We received your Form I-131, Application for Travel Document.
08/14/2020 - USCIS: The fingerprints relating to your Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization, were taken.
09/01/2020 - USCIS: We ordered your new card
09/02/2020 - USCIS: We approved your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.
09/02/2020 - USCIS: We approved your Form I-131, Application for Travel Document.
09/09/2020 - USCIS: We mailed your new card your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, directly to the address you gave us.
09/09/2020 - Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

AOS:

Spoiler

02/22/2020 - Filed AOS, EAD and AP at Chicago National Office. Had a bit of drama beating the deadline of 02/24 (https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/730651-february-2020-aos-filers/?do=findComment&comment=10074583)
02/26/2020 - USCIS: We received your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
03/02/2020 - Received NOA for AOS, EAD & AP
03/19/2020 - USCIS: We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case.
05/28/2020 - USCIS: We sent a request for initial evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status
06/23/2020 - USCIS: We received your response for Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
08/14/2020 - USCIS: The fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, were taken.
08/21/2020 - USCIS: We are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, for an interview.
09/02/2020 - EAD and AP approved!
10/20/2020 - USCIS: We scheduled an interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
11/19/2020 - USCIS: We ordered your new card.
11/20/2020 - USCIS: We approved your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
11/23/2020 - Card Was Mailed To Me

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 9/29/2020 at 1:21 PM, mvasantos said:

Hey everyone!

Good luck everyone!

@mvasantos did you had a previously cancelled appointment? or do they scheduled for the first time?

03/04/2020 -- AOS package (I-130/I-485/I-864/I-944/I-765/I-131) sent to USCIS

03/05/2020 -- Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox (Rejected)

04/20/2020 -- Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox (Rejected)

05/04/2020 -- Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

05/14/2020 -- Checks cashed. Case numbers received (4 SMS)

05/19/2020 -- NOA1 Hard copies received

12/03/2020 -- Biometrics appointment notice received (Appointment on 12/21)

12/21/2020 -- Biometrics appointment

02/25/2021 -- I-765 New Card Is Being Produced

10/07/2021 -- I-765 & I-131 Renewal Package received by USCIS

02/23/2022 -- I-485 Interview was scheduled 

9 hours ago, pkingking131 said:

WHAT DIS YOU ASK TO CONGRESSMAN?

So, we have two issues with our case: 1) AP is past normal processing time (biometrics were never applied); 2) we will be moving to the U.K. for a temporary position and requested expedite for the AOS but never heard back. 

I explained the two issues and his office got back to me within a few hours. I then filled out a waiver, explaining the situation again. Within a week our case changed to "interview was scheduled". I never heard anything from the local congressional office or a RFE on the expedite, so I'm not sure if it was the expedite, congressman or just normal processing.

Good luck, and hopefully the cases start moving along!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
15 hours ago, laxtn said:

@mvasantos did you had a previously cancelled appointment? or do they scheduled for the first time?

First time

Hi there, i did the same thing and contacted tier 2 officer this morning and i told her that i had an biometric appointment in march and she said, she will try to reschedule it. She asked me, is 22 Oct is ok?, i said ok. After 2 minutes she said, she successfully schedule it for 22 oct.

She said, i will receive letter in mail and if not received by 19 oct contact us again.

I asked her to send me any confirmation by email about biometric, she said i cant do that

So atleast something is happening in my case

Happy day 😊 

1 hour ago, A.Siddiqui said:

Hi there, i did the same thing and contacted tier 2 officer this morning and i told her that i had an biometric appointment in march and she said, she will try to reschedule it. She asked me, is 22 Oct is ok?, i said ok. After 2 minutes she said, she successfully schedule it for 22 oct.

She said, i will receive letter in mail and if not received by 19 oct contact us again.

I asked her to send me any confirmation by email about biometric, she said i cant do that

Happy day 😊 

I spoke to a Tier 2 Officer last night, and he told me the old 'No you have to wait 90 days after ASC opening' line that the Tier 1 agents are repeating.

Had your ASC already been open 90 days?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, AsSoulsDream said:

I spoke to a Tier 2 Officer last night, and he told me the old 'No you have to wait 90 days after ASC opening' line that the Tier 1 agents are repeating.

Had your ASC already been open 90 days?

Mine hasn't. It's been 2 months and I got scheduled thru the phone

5 hours ago, A.Siddiqui said:

Happy day 😊 

Edited by James120383

duh

3 hours ago, mvasantos said:

Mine hasn't. It's been 2 months and I got scheduled thru the phone

This is no good man. Clear as day, he just told me what the tier 1 agents told me over-and-over: 'We don't have the ability to book you in... You have to wait until 90 days from reopening...'

I'm now planning on moving jurisdictions because we as a family can't keep waiting on the Manhattan ASC. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.