Val0000

Canada Post lost K1 package.

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Well prepare another one or use the back up copy you must have made... Did you insure your ki package sent through Canada post?. If you did, then make them pay.. Goodluck 

NB:Dont forget to cancel the check you sent with the lost package, get the number from your check book call your bank and ask them to block that check! 

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

1 hour ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

Well prepare another one or use the back up copy you must have made... Did you insure your ki package sent through Canada post?. If you did, then make them pay.. Goodluck 

NB:Dont forget to cancel the check you sent with the lost package, get the number from your check book call your bank and ask them to block that check! 

I guess you misunderstood me. I got my K1 visa approved. US Embassy in Montreal sent my passport and the package to me via Canada Post and the Canada Post  lost it. 

Edited by Val0000

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
Just now, Val0000 said:

I guess you misunderstood. I got my K1 visa approved. US Embassy in Montreal sent my passport and the package to me via Canada Post and the Canada Post  lost it. 

OH... Sorry, please ignore my comment then. 

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

1 hour ago, Val0000 said:

Canada Post lost my passport with K1 visa and all the documents. Am I the only lucky one here? What should I do? 

do you have your old invitation for an interview?  I would advise you to go to the embassy, ask to come in and talk with someone.  But I think they need your passport ... in my case, they forgot to send me my passport, and my envelope was broke. On the phone they cant help, you need to write to the email, but you will wait the answer at least 3 days, maybe more.  What I did, bought a ticket for bus , and in the morning I was already standing at the embassy and ask to let me in, I had only my old invitation to an interview.  I ask to let me in about an hour, then they gave me the number again and I sat waiting for the consul, he returned my passport to me and resealed the envelope. It’s not the same situation, but maybe they can help you.  
the problem is that inside the envelope are all the original documents, but maybe they can restore ,difficult situation, I’m so sorry for you, but you can try ..

22 minutes ago, ability said:

do you have your old invitation for an interview?  I would advise you to go to the embassy, ask to come in and talk with someone.  But I think they need your passport ... in my case, they forgot to send me my passport, and my envelope was broke. On the phone they cant help, you need to write to the email, but you will wait the answer at least 3 days, maybe more.  What I did, bought a ticket for bus , and in the morning I was already standing at the embassy and ask to let me in, I had only my old invitation to an interview.  I ask to let me in about an hour, then they gave me the number again and I sat waiting for the consul, he returned my passport to me and resealed the envelope. It’s not the same situation, but maybe they can help you.  
the problem is that inside the envelope are all the original documents, but maybe they can restore ,difficult situation, I’m so sorry for you, but you can try ..

I called the Canada Post and they told me that they cannot start looking for my passport unless the US embassy contact them. When I called US embassy they told since the Canada Post picked up the package it’s now not embassy’s issue. So I called back the Canada Post and asked to talk to the supervisor. The supervisor got my number and told me that they will contact the embassy as whoever talked to me is totally wrong. Poor guy at embassy got in trouble. From what I know, both Canada Post and US embassy are working now together to find my passport. I’ve been on the phone for more than a week and still nothing.... 

Edited by Val0000

*~*~*country-specific question moved to Canada regional forum - OP is facing issues with Canada Post*~*~*

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Saw this happen a few months ago to another Canadian user. It's quite a nightmare and adds delays of up to 3-5 months+ from what I've seen other users experience. Check the post I linked.  😕

How long have you been waiting for the package?

Edited by purem4g1c

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/30/2020 at 6:29 PM, Val0000 said:

I called the Canada Post and they told me that they cannot start looking for my passport unless the US embassy contact them. When I called US embassy they told since the Canada Post picked up the package it’s now not embassy’s issue. So I called back the Canada Post and asked to talk to the supervisor. The supervisor got my number and told me that they will contact the embassy as whoever talked to me is totally wrong. Poor guy at embassy got in trouble. From what I know, both Canada Post and US embassy are working now together to find my passport. I’ve been on the phone for more than a week and still nothing.... 

Did this ever get resolved? I'm presently in a similar situation.

5 hours ago, bpg123 said:

Did this ever get resolved? I'm presently in a similar situation.

I emailed the embassy and they opened a ticket. Few weeks ago they told me that the package is lost. Now I’m in the process of getting new passport. It’s really frustrating. I think someone is stealing documents from Canada Post as why there so many people loose it their passports??????? It’s ridiculous. I spoke to the person from the embassy and they told me once I get my new passport I should let them know and they will send me instructions with the next steps. 

On 1/30/2020 at 6:08 PM, ability said:

Hey, so in your situation how did you know they forgot to send it? Did it just not arrive on time?

5 minutes ago, bpg123 said:

Hey, so in your situation how did you know they forgot to send it? Did it just not arrive on time?

Well, I didn’t know they are actually forgot to send me my passport, I thought maybe it was lost , but they sent me an envelope, so I thought that they just forgot the passport. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.