Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Val0000

Canada Post lost K1 package.

22 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Well prepare another one or use the back up copy you must have made... Did you insure your ki package sent through Canada post?. If you did, then make them pay.. Goodluck 

NB:Dont forget to cancel the check you sent with the lost package, get the number from your check book call your bank and ask them to block that check! 


Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

Well prepare another one or use the back up copy you must have made... Did you insure your ki package sent through Canada post?. If you did, then make them pay.. Goodluck 

NB:Dont forget to cancel the check you sent with the lost package, get the number from your check book call your bank and ask them to block that check! 

I guess you misunderstood me. I got my K1 visa approved. US Embassy in Montreal sent my passport and the package to me via Canada Post and the Canada Post  lost it. 

Edited by Val0000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
Just now, Val0000 said:

I guess you misunderstood. I got my K1 visa approved. US Embassy in Montreal sent my passport and the package to me via Canada Post and the Canada Post  lost it. 

OH... Sorry, please ignore my comment then. 


Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Val0000 said:

Canada Post lost my passport with K1 visa and all the documents. Am I the only lucky one here? What should I do? 

do you have your old invitation for an interview?  I would advise you to go to the embassy, ask to come in and talk with someone.  But I think they need your passport ... in my case, they forgot to send me my passport, and my envelope was broke. On the phone they cant help, you need to write to the email, but you will wait the answer at least 3 days, maybe more.  What I did, bought a ticket for bus , and in the morning I was already standing at the embassy and ask to let me in, I had only my old invitation to an interview.  I ask to let me in about an hour, then they gave me the number again and I sat waiting for the consul, he returned my passport to me and resealed the envelope. It’s not the same situation, but maybe they can help you.  
the problem is that inside the envelope are all the original documents, but maybe they can restore ,difficult situation, I’m so sorry for you, but you can try ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ability said:

do you have your old invitation for an interview?  I would advise you to go to the embassy, ask to come in and talk with someone.  But I think they need your passport ... in my case, they forgot to send me my passport, and my envelope was broke. On the phone they cant help, you need to write to the email, but you will wait the answer at least 3 days, maybe more.  What I did, bought a ticket for bus , and in the morning I was already standing at the embassy and ask to let me in, I had only my old invitation to an interview.  I ask to let me in about an hour, then they gave me the number again and I sat waiting for the consul, he returned my passport to me and resealed the envelope. It’s not the same situation, but maybe they can help you.  
the problem is that inside the envelope are all the original documents, but maybe they can restore ,difficult situation, I’m so sorry for you, but you can try ..

I called the Canada Post and they told me that they cannot start looking for my passport unless the US embassy contact them. When I called US embassy they told since the Canada Post picked up the package it’s now not embassy’s issue. So I called back the Canada Post and asked to talk to the supervisor. The supervisor got my number and told me that they will contact the embassy as whoever talked to me is totally wrong. Poor guy at embassy got in trouble. From what I know, both Canada Post and US embassy are working now together to find my passport. I’ve been on the phone for more than a week and still nothing.... 

Edited by Val0000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*~*~*country-specific question moved to Canada regional forum - OP is facing issues with Canada Post*~*~*


Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

 

Now a US citizen!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Saw this happen a few months ago to another Canadian user. It's quite a nightmare and adds delays of up to 3-5 months+ from what I've seen other users experience. Check the post I linked.  😕

 

How long have you been waiting for the package?

 

 

Edited by purem4g1c

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2020 at 6:29 PM, Val0000 said:

I called the Canada Post and they told me that they cannot start looking for my passport unless the US embassy contact them. When I called US embassy they told since the Canada Post picked up the package it’s now not embassy’s issue. So I called back the Canada Post and asked to talk to the supervisor. The supervisor got my number and told me that they will contact the embassy as whoever talked to me is totally wrong. Poor guy at embassy got in trouble. From what I know, both Canada Post and US embassy are working now together to find my passport. I’ve been on the phone for more than a week and still nothing.... 

Did this ever get resolved? I'm presently in a similar situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bpg123 said:

Did this ever get resolved? I'm presently in a similar situation.

I emailed the embassy and they opened a ticket. Few weeks ago they told me that the package is lost. Now I’m in the process of getting new passport. It’s really frustrating. I think someone is stealing documents from Canada Post as why there so many people loose it their passports??????? It’s ridiculous. I spoke to the person from the embassy and they told me once I get my new passport I should let them know and they will send me instructions with the next steps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uh that sounds horrible. I fear I'm going to be in the same situation. Canada Post said they don't believe they actually received the passport as it was never processed and the embassy still has it. Did Canada post tell you something similar or did they lose it in transit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2020 at 6:08 PM, ability said:

do you have your old invitation for an interview?  I would advise you to go to the embassy, ask to come in and talk with someone.  But I think they need your passport ... in my case, they forgot to send me my passport, and my envelope was broke. On the phone they cant help, you need to write to the email, but you will wait the answer at least 3 days, maybe more.  What I did, bought a ticket for bus , and in the morning I was already standing at the embassy and ask to let me in, I had only my old invitation to an interview.  I ask to let me in about an hour, then they gave me the number again and I sat waiting for the consul, he returned my passport to me and resealed the envelope. It’s not the same situation, but maybe they can help you.  
the problem is that inside the envelope are all the original documents, but maybe they can restore ,difficult situation, I’m so sorry for you, but you can try ..

Hey, so in your situation how did you know they forgot to send it? Did it just not arrive on time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bpg123 said:

Hey, so in your situation how did you know they forgot to send it? Did it just not arrive on time?

Well, I didn’t know they are actually forgot to send me my passport, I thought maybe it was lost , but they sent me an envelope, so I thought that they just forgot the passport. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...