AFCF

Is it worth it?

9 posts in this topic

Hello. I just want to ask how important it is to have my college transcript of records authenticated through apostille (red ribbon) by DFA. I understand that I have to have it evaluated to see the equivalence of my bachelor’s degree. But do they really look for one authenticated by the DFA?

Thank you, as always. God bless you. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Not sure about the Philippines, But when my fiance, now wife came over from Thailand it was recommended that we get all her educational degrees and certificates certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs so they could be used abroad. Got it done as the cost wasn't too much for all of them to get done, and I don't know if it really made a difference as none of the places she applied, or is working at now asked about it when she showed them to their HR department, but that could be because they were already stamped and done. If it isn't very expensive, I would get it done. I know it helped with her proving education to get her State license issued, other than that, I don't have that much input, but if it is easy and cheap enough it couldn't hurt.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't think a U.S. employer is interested in the "red ribbon" authentication, there are specialized companies that can do that should a U.S. company want that done.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

7 minutes ago, user555 said:

Hi. I was hoping for an updated answer since this thread is from almost 8 years ago but if it’s still like this, then that’s really good to know. Thank you. 

1 minute ago, Loren Y said:

Not sure about the Philippines, But when my fiance, now wife came over from Thailand it was recommended that we get all her educational degrees and certificates certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs so they could be used abroad. Got it done as the cost wasn't too much for all of them to get done, and I don't know if it really made a difference as none of the places she applied, or is working at now asked about it when she showed them to their HR department, but that could be because they were already stamped and done. If it isn't very expensive, I would get it done. I know it helped with her proving education to get her State license issued, other than that, I don't have that much input, but if it is easy and cheap enough it couldn't hurt.

Thank you so much. This helps! It’s just a pain to do it here but might as well, if needed. Thank you for your input. 

3 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

I don't think a U.S. employer is interested in the "red ribbon" authentication, there are specialized companies that can do that should a U.S. company want that done.

I was honestly thinking the same thing. Because I’m not sure if it’s just a Philippines thing when it comes to trying to authenticate diploma, certificates, and transcripts (since there are places where you can get fake ones here). Because when I had my J1, they just simply asked for a copy of my latest transcript. Thank you! 

What is this purpose of this? Do you want to pursue higher education in the States? Apply for a job? Most companies don't care what you studied, what place you studied at, or what the material was. They want work experience or they want to know if you can do the job. If you want to pursue more education, it would be best to check with that US university to see what they require.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

As a professor, I've had to evaluate many transcripts over the year for academic purposes (placement and/or credit).  Each university has it's own preferred provider(s) for transcript evaluation.  If it's for employment, I agree that experience will matter.  But if licensing is involved, then the licensing agency may well have preferred provider(s), just as a school does.

Thank for for updating your timeline. (My Assistant, then edit/add my timeline.)
K1

8 hours ago, user555 said:

What is this purpose of this? Do you want to pursue higher education in the States? Apply for a job? Most companies don't care what you studied, what place you studied at, or what the material was. They want work experience or they want to know if you can do the job. If you want to pursue more education, it would be best to check with that US university to see what they require.  

Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Teachers said:

As a professor, I've had to evaluate many transcripts over the year for academic purposes (placement and/or credit).  Each university has it's own preferred provider(s) for transcript evaluation.  If it's for employment, I agree that experience will matter.  But if licensing is involved, then the licensing agency may well have preferred provider(s), just as a school does.

Thank you so much. This helps a lot! I’m planning to study again so thank you for your input. I’ve seen people who used a website (WES) to have their transcripts evaluated. Again, thank you. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.