The4Sands

DCF in London - January 2020

1,205 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, Melc said:

Sorry!

You should be fine with the ones listed there. 

One thing that surprised me was that I'd read that in London people had all their documents scanned at the embassy and didn't need to bring copies. 

In my case they still wanted photocopies and made the physical envelope to carry with me to POE. So I'm not sure if it was due to COVID or DCF. But bring photocopies as requested, just in case!

Thank you for the information:) just checked your application timeline, you received the visa just a week after the interview? 

1 minute ago, Mpere said:

Thank you for the information:) just checked your application timeline, you received the visa just a week after the interview? 

Yes, I was approved on the Monday, saw my status change to issued on Thursday, received shipping into on Friday, and received it on Monday 😊 

Hi folks, pleased to confirm I got my letter today with my LND number! Exciting, just registered and no appointments so going to crack on with my DS-260. Positive vibes for all of you waiting today for your post. 

7 minutes ago, Gaz1a said:

Hi folks, pleased to confirm I got my letter today with my LND number! Exciting, just registered and no appointments so going to crack on with my DS-260. Positive vibes for all of you waiting today for your post. 

Make sure to save a lot after filling stuff in. It's not the most... stable website. 

7 minutes ago, Gaz1a said:

Great news! Another one down! Keep an eye on those appointments several times a day, they randomly appear then disappear at the moment so you have to grab them when they crop up! Good luck! 

2 hours ago, Gaz1a said:

Congrats. Still nothing here. Sent another email. Will contact my congressman tomorrow if no worthwhile response 

1 hour ago, Robyn-n-Kris said:

Congrats. Still nothing here. Sent another email. Will contact my congressman tomorrow if no worthwhile response 

When you received your approval were you given a 5-8 week waiting period? I wonder if that waiting period took into account COVID delays.

17 minutes ago, Appy said:

When you received your approval were you given a 5-8 week waiting period? I wonder if that waiting period took into account COVID delays.

Our letter said 5 weeks but our approval was in June. Many after me have gotten their numbers.

9 minutes ago, Robyn-n-Kris said:

Our letter said 5 weeks but our approval was in June. Many after me have gotten their numbers.

Oh okay. Yeah our approval was after yours but we were given a 5-8 week waiting period. If you were given a 5 week waiting period and you're now on week 9 then I would definitely get congressman involved. Fingers and toes crossed for you that your congressman will be able to figure out what is going on. 

Edited by Appy

Nothing here today. Still waiting. Approval was June 29

Sent another Contact Form enquiry today. Its 8 weeks come Monday August 24th. 

After that I guess its just wait and see.🙄

Its all very disappointing.

Edited by Stuwoolf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, Gaz1a said:

Random question - but in terms of passport collection, will it take longer if I for example pick a collection point outside of London? 

The general experience for years is when you get notification that the courier has your parcel, it will be ready for depot pickup or delivered to your home the next day unless you live on a very remote island in northern Scotland. No faster for London area. No faster for depot vs delivery.

37 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

The general experience for years is when you get notification that the courier has your parcel, it will be ready for depot pickup or delivered to your home the next day unless you live on a very remote island in northern Scotland. No faster for London area. No faster for depot vs delivery.

Ok thanks for that information. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.