Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lopp

11 months outside US with conditional green card

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts


hello community,

 

So I came to my country ( brazil)  for a short stay but when I got here and went to do my medical check ups I discovered a medical condition...

So I had to do 2 surgeries during this last months and about to do one more next month

I plan to go back to America in April that ll be almost 11 months since I left

I will bring proof that Im married to a US citizen, leasing with our name, 2019/2020 taxes, medical paperwork, etc

 

but I know immigration can still do something against me when I get back in the US border

so what are my rights?

can they take away my green card right away at the airport? Or I keep the green card and have to see a Judge??

or do i get deported?

 

i never commited any crime... really stayed in brazil due to my medical conditions

 

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a green card holder, you can be absent for up to a year without having needed a re-entry permit.  I don't think it will be an issue.....good luck.


"The immigration process demands a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and money.  A deficit in any of these areas can spell heartbreak."

   -GB, "old man of much life experience"

 

Retired 20 year United States Air Force Missileer (Retired E-8)

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Retired IT Professional, Software Developer, Database Manager

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Lopp said:


hello community,

 

So I came to my country ( brazil)  for a short stay but when I got here and went to do my medical check ups I discovered a medical condition...

So I had to do 2 surgeries during this last months and about to do one more next month

I plan to go back to America in April that ll be almost 11 months since I left

I will bring proof that Im married to a US citizen, leasing with our name, 2019/2020 taxes, medical paperwork, etc

 

but I know immigration can still do something against me when I get back in the US border

so what are my rights?

can they take away my green card right away at the airport? Or I keep the green card and have to see a Judge??

or do i get deported?

 

i never commited any crime... really stayed in brazil due to my medical conditions

 

thanks

CBP cannot take away or cancel your GC.. they can refer you to be seen at the immigration court and the judge makes the decision 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

CBP cannot take away or cancel your GC.. they can refer you to be seen at the immigration court and the judge makes the decision 

I heard they can take away :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lopp said:

I heard they can take away :(

They cannot....Only an immigration judge can take away status.

Edited by missileman

"The immigration process demands a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and money.  A deficit in any of these areas can spell heartbreak."

   -GB, "old man of much life experience"

 

Retired 20 year United States Air Force Missileer (Retired E-8)

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Retired IT Professional, Software Developer, Database Manager

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
16 hours ago, missileman said:

They cannot....Only an immigration judge can take away status.

Doesn't mean they won't lie and say they can, just stand firm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...