BarryLovesAdri

I-693 without medical exam in Orlando?

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
18 hours ago, SmallTownPA said:

Welll....maybe.

The 693 has the vaccination record.  If you did not get/start your shots (you can refuse them) you will then need to get the vaccinations is the US (where they are 100% free).  But the shot record is not the I-693 and the only person who can transcribe them from the medical record to the 693 is a CS.  MOST CS charge a SMALL fee to transcribe (there is actually a thread with people reporting who and costs... search for  "Civil Surgeons who don't rip you off" as the thread topic) them onto the official form without a physical because the original 'K1' screening. 

Most overseas CS are ripping people off left and right be saying the shots are required.  THEY ARE NOT.  Not for the K1.  They ARE for the AOS.

Yes. This is what we need. She just got her vaccinations here in the states, not in Ecuador. As I understand it we need the record of them for the AOS

Also I was wrong about her still having the sealed envelope (communication, right?). She told me they took it and opened it as the consulate. But she does not have a copy of the contents either. They wouldn’t give it to her at the medical exam and in fact told her they could not.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
8 hours ago, geowrian said:

Correct. You only need an I-693 signed off by a CS for the vaccinations.

Finding a CS willing to do that can be difficult. You may need to call around. Most don't know and/or don't care about the vaccinations-only option for K-1 holders (K-1 is by far a minority of AOS cases).

Yes. This has been my experience. I have been calling, but none of them seems willing to do it or aware of this. And I probably haven’t been asking clearly enough either. Also one or two have implied that they couldn’t trust work done by another physician for the medical exam in signing off on the I-693. But again this might be a lack of clarity on my part in the explaining that it’s just the vaccinations we need signed off on.

6 hours ago, MorganandMichael said:

Huh, with the federal employee benefits system we have something like 12+ plans to choose from and I think there is only one that would cover anything beyond a flu shot for free, for adults at least. And it’s the most expensive, understandably. The rise of high deductible, or just deductible-based health plans in general made me question where someone could get all the vaccinations asked for covered. That sounds great. 

It was definitely much cheaper for my husband to get them abroad. Socialized medicine and what not ;).

We actually were able to get all four of my wife’s vaccinations for $0 out of pocket. Immunizations are a free benefit with any Obamacare plan, provided it is in network. For us that meant going to CVS instead of Walgreens or Advent Health. The biggest trouble was having to go to three different stores to get all four shots (a friend called around for us to find which ones had each in stock).

Edited by BarryLovesAdri

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
20 hours ago, BarryLovesAdri said:

Yes. This has been my experience. I have been calling, but none of them seems willing to do it or aware of this. And I probably haven’t been asking clearly enough either. Also one or two have implied that they couldn’t trust work done by another physician for the medical exam in signing off on the I-693. But again this might be a lack of clarity on my part in the explaining that it’s just the vaccinations we need signed off on.

We actually were able to get all four of my wife’s vaccinations for $0 out of pocket. Immunizations are a free benefit with any Obamacare plan, provided it is in network. For us that meant going to CVS instead of Walgreens or Advent Health. The biggest trouble was having to go to three different stores to get all four shots (a friend called around for us to find which ones had each in stock).

Check this thread, people list the doctors that do the vaccination Transcript only.

On 1/18/2020 at 10:12 PM, BarryLovesAdri said:

Dang, I just got a bill for my tetanus booster the other day and it was $100+

~*INTENT IS DETERMINED AT POE*~

Forever wishing for an eye-roll reaction.

K-1 Visa~
9/28/2015 - I-129f Packet Mailed to Texas Lockbox
10/1/2015 - NOA 1 Email - I-129f sent to California Service Center
10/8/2015 - NOA 1 Hard Copy
10/27/2015 - NOA 2
11/21/2015 - Packet 3 Received
1/08/2916 - Medical! Lots of jabs >.>
2/23/2016 - APPROVED!
6/20/2016 - POE
7/29/2016 - Married ❤️

~*Approval 146 Days from NOA1*~

AOS ~
9/9/2016 - AOS/AP/EAD packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox
9/11/2016 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
9/20/2016 - Received Text/Email NOA1
9/23/2016 - Hard Copy NOA1s
10/12/2016 - Biometrics Appointment
11/04/2016 - AP Status "Approved" EAD "Date of Birth Updated"
11/18/2016 - Received EAD/AP Combo Card!
12/23/2016 - Received Green Card

~*Green Card 95 Days from NOA1*~

ROC~

10/12/2018 - Mailed ROC Packet

11/8/2018 - NOA-1 

7/5/2019 - Biometrics

~*STILL WAITING 607+ Days since NOA*~

On 1/18/2020 at 7:06 AM, MorganandMichael said:

Where in the US are you getting vaccinations that are “100% free”? 

if you have insurance they are generally free, i know my insurance covers all of them at 100%

Edited by Prizm123

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.