Nikki06

2020/ 21- US Passport & Card Application-Tracker

2,779 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Just now received email that my passport is approved.

Applied: 05/27/2021 (expedited with priority shipping)

In Process: 06/02/2021

Approved: 06/25/2021

I hope I will receive passport tomorrow or Monday.

Edited by dfw2019

17 hours ago, medic5678 said:

I adopt her, she is a citizen, right then and there.    Why do they need dental/medical/school records?

Proof of adoption is not the only requirement.  The law requires evidence that the child is residing in the US in the legal and physical custody of the USC parent.  Medical or school records are considered evidence of physical custody.

FAQ: Child Citizenship Act of 2000 -- How Does the Child Get a Passport

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/Intercountry-Adoption/adopt_ref/adoption-FAQs/child-citizenship-act-of-2000.html

47 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Proof of adoption is not the only requirement.  The law requires evidence that the child is residing in the US in the legal and physical custody of the USC parent.  Medical or school records are considered evidence of physical custody.

FAQ: Child Citizenship Act of 2000 -- How Does the Child Get a Passport

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/Intercountry-Adoption/adopt_ref/adoption-FAQs/child-citizenship-act-of-2000.html

And that was all proof for the adoption.  Child must reside in custody of parent for 2 years prior to adoption in Florida.  We submitted all of this as evidence.  Not to mention we attended the adoption hearing together.

10 minutes ago, medic5678 said:

And that was all proof for the adoption.  Child must reside in custody of parent for 2 years prior to adoption in Florida.  We submitted all of this as evidence.

You mean you submitted the same evidence of physical custody to the passport agency and they didn't accept it?  Or did you just assume the adoption decree should cover it?

43 minutes ago, Chancy said:

You mean you submitted the same evidence of physical custody to the passport agency and they didn't accept it?  Or did you just assume the adoption decree should cover it?

Actually,  I applied at the courthouse and they sent certified copies of all documents.  I've submitted the additional evidence to the passport agency, and have not heard anything yet.

36 minutes ago, medic5678 said:

Actually,  I applied at the courthouse and they sent certified copies of all documents.  I've submitted the additional evidence to the passport agency, and have not heard anything yet.

Yes, and I mean to say that if you are accepting passport applications at a location such as a courthouse, the bureaucrats at the agency SHOULD give COMPLETE directions if that's what they want.  This B.S. of submitting and having to refile additional info and then taking `16 days to enter it into their system and THEN the 6 week clocks starts over.   You've got to be kidding.  If you ran a business that way, you'd be out of business.   This has been nothing except buffoonery.  I can't respect it.

Edited by medic5678

A *very* minor update to my status.  Instead of saying " You requested expedited service when you applied, which we are currently processing in 4-6 weeks."  now it says "You requested expedited service when you applied, which we are currently processing within 6 weeks"

So they essentially gave themselves 2 more weeks.  What the heck, why not more?  It's not like I can fire them (believe me, I would if I could).  They have had it more than 6 weeks now by my count.   Of course, my 8 year old child means *NOTHING* to these bureaucrats.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
8 hours ago, medic5678 said:

A *very* minor update to my status.  Instead of saying " You requested expedited service when you applied, which we are currently processing in 4-6 weeks."  now it says "You requested expedited service when you applied, which we are currently processing within 6 weeks"

So they essentially gave themselves 2 more weeks.  What the heck, why not more?  It's not like I can fire them (believe me, I would if I could).  They have had it more than 6 weeks now by my count.   Of course, my 8 year old child means *NOTHING* to these bureaucrats.

Same thing for my status, it now says "which we are currently processing within 6 weeks", what is the point of paying for a service! I am starting to panic, I am flying abroad on July 15, my application was processed June 8, I was not sure if I should wait for an emergency passport but I didn't want to take a chance, there is still time but I hate that they cannot be held accountable for anything.

46 minutes ago, drella said:

Same thing for my status, it now says "which we are currently processing within 6 weeks", what is the point of paying for a service! I am starting to panic, I am flying abroad on July 15, my application was processed June 8, I was not sure if I should wait for an emergency passport but I didn't want to take a chance, there is still time but I hate that they cannot be held accountable for anything.

Where did you file your passport application?  If  they do indeed process in 2 more weeks, I'll be ok, since I really need the passport by the 20th of July.   I don't want to be so upset about this but I've got a lot riding on it and their service to date inspires absolutely no confidence.    Are they going to come up with yet another delay?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
8 minutes ago, medic5678 said:

Where did you file your passport application?  If  they do indeed process in 2 more weeks, I'll be ok, since I really need the passport by the 20th of July.   I don't want to be so upset about this but I've got a lot riding on it and their service to date inspires absolutely no confidence.    Are they going to come up with yet another delay?

In New York, NY and you? And when did you apply?...There is still time before to seriously get worried but something tells me it really is going to be borderline! Just like you, I don't want to overthink it YET but it is just upsetting to think that there is no accountability whatsoever. And it even says that USPS delivery could take up to 6 weeks! Like, seriously?

Edited by drella

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.