Nikki06

2020/ 21- US Passport & Card Application-Tracker

2,779 posts in this topic

On 1/7/2021 at 6:59 PM, Veggie3 said:

Yesterday (finally) I got an email that my application was approved, and I should receive my passport book & card on or around January 12.

Applied (expedited) - 11/18

"In process" email - 11/24

Approval email - 01/06

To my pleasant surprise, today (01/09) I received my passport book in the mail. It came from Portsmouth, NH. The PP card and NC are yet to arrive. 

It feels great!!

Hi guys! I had submitted the application (expedite) at the USPS office on dec 16 and got to know from the USPS that the passport was delivered on dec 30th. I have still not received any information from the passport office. The online status check shows “no application found”.

I am super worried and beginning to think if my application is lost :( I was wondering if anyone else had a similar experience - It will be very helpful to know if such delays also happen. Thank you !!!

Hey,

Little update from me. I received an email this afternoon that my passport book has been shipped 😁.

Routine service
Applied: 12/3/2020

Received: 12/18/2020

Approved & shipped: 11/11/2021

US Passport Application

Routine service

Approved & Shipped: 1/11/2021

Passport Delivered:   1/14/2021

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 hours ago, AnGeLxX said:

Hey,

Little update from me. I received an email this afternoon that my passport book has been shipped 😁.

Routine service

Approved & shipped: 11/11/2021

Good news!

Was your routine service or expedited? 

13 minutes ago, stats787 said:

Good news!

Routine service, like I said above my list ☺️.

US Passport Application

Routine service

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, AnGeLxX said:

20 minutes ago, stats787 said:

Good news!

5 minutes ago, AnGeLxX said:

Got it, I didn't pay attention as I was thinking when mine would be approved. 😃

Your application was very fast!!

I just moved from AL to TX.

20 minutes ago, stats787 said:

Got it, I didn't pay attention as I was thinking when mine would be approved. 😃

Your application was very fast!!

I just moved from AL to TX.

No worries and yes it was very fast. Didn't expect that at all.  

Nice, have fun in TX ! Hope yours will be approved soon too. 

US Passport Application

Routine service

On 12/30/2020 at 7:04 AM, zeal4thil said:

I got naturalized on 16 th Dec 2020 and applied passport same day afternoon in a nearby post office with expedite . Application got in their system for tracking on 29 the Dec late night .

Will the 4-6 week expedite count from the day we apply in the post office or from the day the state received the application in their system ?

Out of curiosity ,I called the customer service no as its almost completing three weeks since i applied (I understand it will be 4-6 weeks for expedited) .

• It was a long wait (like an hour before some live person came in the call )  
  • CSR has no new information other than what's in the online system except  where the application is getting processed 
  • In my case though i applied from IL ,the application is getting processed in charleston 
  • CSR told me the 4-6 week lead time start from the date they received the application. In my case the count stat from 29 th Dec and not the 16 th Dec when i applied in Passport office .
  • I asked him to check the policy again and he double checked and confirmed the lead time start from the day they receive the application in their (state department )system and not from the day they post office mailed them

Not sure what to believe but now  i know its not going to come in Jan and will be some time in Feb only ,

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Expedited Service from NY

Applied: Dec 7th USPS

Received by Passport center : Dec 15

Approved and Shipped: Jan 11th

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Been lurking here for a couple months now... Thought I'd update with my timeline...

Dec 2nd 2020 - Naturalization interview and oath ceremony.

Dec 3rd - applied for passport at local USPS office around evening.(applied expedited with priority mail back)

Dec 18th - got an email around 7 pm saying they received application and in process, checked online tracker, it said same thing. (Was starting to get worried)

January 12th - got an email at 1:40 am saying that my application had been approved!😍 Was over the moon and very happy. Then at 2 am got another email saying it was shipped yesterday but the tracking number still only shows label created.

Very thankful to be at the end of this very long process of becoming an American... Glad its done and glad I can travel again now...

P.S. just a data point they did say within 20 business days from when they get it for expedited and I got a message on the 16th business day.

Edited by nikaero

just your typical immigrant LOL!!!

Timeline so far:

May 23rd    : Sent i-485, i-130&130A, i-131 and i-765 along with supporting documents at around 6PM via UPS next morning delivery.

May 24th    : USCIS received packet at 10 AM.

May 31st    : 4 texts and emails NOAs for all the applications and signed up for case status account.

June 2nd    : NOAs in the mail.

June 9th     : Bio-metrics appointment notice dated June 2nd. Appointment scheduled for June 20th.

June 12th   : Bio-metrics done, Walked in with an infopass appointment that nobody asked for. They didn't even ask why i was coming in early.

The person who dealt with me was very nice and welcoming.

July 3rd       : At 11AM received an email saying your case status has changed to interview is scheduled for August 2nd...

August 2nd : Attended interview was approved on the spot... IO was nice professional and polite but not friendly...

August 10th : At 2PM received my Green card in the mail!!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 1/7/2021 at 9:42 PM, stats787 said:

It took quite awhile despite expedited. But at least it has been approved now. Congrats. I think your phone call to them probably served as a wake up call. Then they started to process it. 

Don't think phone calls actually do anything at all... From a lot of the experiences that I've read it's mostly a waste of time and they don't have any more data on the process than what you see on the online system. Occasionally they will tell you where yours is being processed but that's not got much to do with when you will get yours unless it's been too long already.

Edited by nikaero

just your typical immigrant LOL!!!

Timeline so far:

May 23rd    : Sent i-485, i-130&130A, i-131 and i-765 along with supporting documents at around 6PM via UPS next morning delivery.

May 24th    : USCIS received packet at 10 AM.

May 31st    : 4 texts and emails NOAs for all the applications and signed up for case status account.

June 2nd    : NOAs in the mail.

June 9th     : Bio-metrics appointment notice dated June 2nd. Appointment scheduled for June 20th.

June 12th   : Bio-metrics done, Walked in with an infopass appointment that nobody asked for. They didn't even ask why i was coming in early.

The person who dealt with me was very nice and welcoming.

July 3rd       : At 11AM received an email saying your case status has changed to interview is scheduled for August 2nd...

August 2nd : Attended interview was approved on the spot... IO was nice professional and polite but not friendly...

August 10th : At 2PM received my Green card in the mail!!!!

@nikaero

Yes, I'm also not sure whether my call to their service center did any good. The good news is that I got both my passport card & naturalization certificate yesterday, just 2 days after receiving my passport book.

I applied to get a refund on the $60, as it was way beyond 20 business days. But now I'm just relieved that I have all the documents and I'm done with everything.

Good luck everyone!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Veggie3 said:

@nikaero

Yes, I'm also not sure whether my call to their service center did any good. The good news is that I got both my passport card & naturalization certificate yesterday, just 2 days after receiving my passport book.

I applied to get a refund on the $60, as it was way beyond 20 business days. But now I'm just relieved that I have all the documents and I'm done with everything.

Good luck everyone!!

Hello there, please how do u applied for the $60 refund can you post the link on here please. 

Thank you. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.