GP1977

Pushing USCIS Field Office Director Success Story - GC Approved

36 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, GP1977 said:

I basically did a pre writ of mandamus letter.  Outlined my concerns and said I was reaching out prior to filing a writ of mandamus and that I wanted the case to be adjudicated as its been over 120 days since the interview. 

Congratulations on your latest success. Were you actually prepared to file a writ of mandamus, or was that just an empty threat?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 minute ago, Matrix13 said:

Congratulations on your latest success. Were you actually prepared to file a writ of mandamus, or was that just an empty threat?

At this point it was an empty threat.  Not sure when I would have pulled the trigger and filed it.

Although I am an attorney, i do not practice law and filing that is not something that is DIY. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Whats a  writ of mandamus? maybe you can teach us something of empty hreats.. it worked

=============
5/20/2019 - I129 Submitted

5/22/19 - NOA1

Timeline
3 minutes ago, flfreddy said:

Whats a  writ of mandamus? maybe you can teach us something of empty hreats.. it worked

A writ of Mandamus if granted by an immigration judge will,force USCIS to adjudicate the petition. You can file one in federal court if there is a significant delay with your case.  It doesn’t guarantee an outcome it just means USCIS has to act and make a decision. 

they are filed in federal court and you need an experienced immigration attorney to do one. My letter was a pre writ of mandamus where i threatened to file one if they did not act.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
3 minutes ago, GP1977 said:

A writ of Mandamus if granted by an immigration judge will,force USCIS to adjudicate the petition. You can file one in federal court if there is a significant delay with your case.  It doesn’t guarantee an outcome it just means USCIS has to act and make a decision. 

they are filed in federal court and you need an experienced immigration attorney to do one. My letter was a pre writ of mandamus where i threatened to file one if they did not act.

I should hire you for the same pre writ ;)  cut paste edit

=============
5/20/2019 - I129 Submitted

5/22/19 - NOA1

Timeline
2 minutes ago, flfreddy said:

I should hire you for the same pre writ ;)  cut paste edit

Would be happy to send to you for free..

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Congratulations! That's very impressive! 

I've tried everything from ombudsman to congressman, case still under "extended review" after 9 months. I guess my next step is to file A writ of Mandamus. Do you mind share your send to the office? Thanks!

Timeline
24 minutes ago, ttt196988 said:

Congratulations! That's very impressive! 

I've tried everything from ombudsman to congressman, case still under "extended review" after 9 months. I guess my next step is to file A writ of Mandamus. Do you mind share your send to the office? Thanks!

Yes, you need to write a letter. You need to have an experienced immigration lawyer file a writ of mandamus, they are not something you can do on your own.  Probably will cost a few grand.

i wrote a letter asking them to adjudicate the case as it’s been in review for over 120 days and  that I was reaching out to them in advance of filing a writ of mandamus 

Timeline
15 hours ago, GP1977 said:

Yes, you need to write a letter. You need to have an experienced immigration lawyer file a writ of mandamus, they are not something you can do on your own.  Probably will cost a few grand.

i wrote a letter asking them to adjudicate the case as it’s been in review for over 120 days and  that I was reaching out to them in advance of filing a writ of mandamus 

Thank you! I found my field office director’s email address online. I’m writing the email right now to tell him my intent to file a writ of mandamus if my case is still not adjudicated by the end of the month. I’m a little nervous. Hope this won’t cause any negative result. Any suggestion would be appreciated!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, ttt196988 said:

Thank you! I found my field office director’s email address online. I’m writing the email right now to tell him my intent to file a writ of mandamus if my case is still not adjudicated by the end of the month. I’m a little nervous. Hope this won’t cause any negative result. Any suggestion would be appreciated!

They have to give you a reason if they are going to deny you and writing to the field director is not one of those.

I would tell them, that you had your interivew 9 months ago, you have filed inquires with the obudsman as well as online inquiries, and also your state senators office.   Noone has been of assistance.  THat your post interivew letter said to allow for 120 days, and you cannot make an infopass appointment to discuss the case.  Let him know you are reaching out for assistance to see if he could help you.  And that you are doing this as a last resort before filing a writ of mandamus.   

I provided a scanned copy of the interview notice, i was very formal and addressed it to Mr. Blah blah blah and said the name of the officer that conducted the interview.

Timeline

I sent it via email and also certified mail/signed receipt delivery to the office.

I put on the outside of the envelope in big letters with a large marker 

NOT TO BE OPENED IN THE MAILROOM

Timeline
3 minutes ago, GP1977 said:

I sent it via email and also certified mail/signed receipt delivery to the office.

I put on the outside of the envelope in big letters with a large marker 

NOT TO BE OPENED IN THE MAILROOM

Thank you! This’s very helpful! Have a good day. 

Timeline
Just now, ttt196988 said:

Thank you! This’s very helpful! Have a good day. 

good luck and keep us posted once you hear back.  Hopefully it gets them moving.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.