Dreamin Black Boy

K1 Income Requirement

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I just received my NOA2 and I am planning for the future process now. The petitioner just finished her first year of working and would have made the 125% of Poverty line. She does not have 3 years earnings to show and about $15000 in Savings. How much attention is normally paid to this in Jamaica and is a co sponsor necessary?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Most recent year tax info is required and current income is what matters. Will only need a joint sponsor if the amount on 2018 taxes is below the 125%

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

Timeline
12 hours ago, Thegirl said:

Most recent year tax info is required and current income is what matters. Will only need a joint sponsor if the amount on 2018 taxes is below the 125%

When is 2019 tax info needed and not 2018? Is it in April? Also, what’s the best way to show current income? I was thinking just an official letter from my employer of my salary? I wonder what most people used?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Britney868 said:

When is 2019 tax info needed and not 2018? Is it in April? Also, what’s the best way to show current income? I was thinking just an official letter from my employer of my salary? I wonder what most people used?

Depending what stage you are in the process...Are you at the USCIS stage or the NVC stage?

If you are just now filing your petition then you will need the 2018 for now and when you get to the NVC stage then upload 2019 (if its after April)

Your letter from your employer is okay or a recent paystub

Me, to show my current income I printed out most recent paystubs, I have a letter from my employer also just in case they need it

Timeline
2 minutes ago, RochelleRJ said:

Depending what stage you are in the process...Are you at the USCIS stage or the NVC stage?

If you are just now filing your petition then you will need the 2018 for now and when you get to the NVC stage then upload 2019 (if its after April)

Your letter from your employer is okay or a recent paystub

Me, to show my current income I printed out most recent paystubs, I have a letter from my employer also just in case they need it

The most recent tax year is 2019 sorry. I have to remember it's the new year! It's best to have it starting February if you file but officially after the April 15 deadline is when it's required. 

You can show current income with paystubs and employment letter but that's only needed if the most recent tax return shows below the 125%

Timeline
3 hours ago, Thegirl said:

The most recent tax year is 2019 sorry. I have to remember it's the new year! It's best to have it starting February if you file but officially after the April 15 deadline is when it's required. 

You can show current income with paystubs and employment letter but that's only needed if the most recent tax return shows below the 125%

Thank you for your help! Food you use a tax transcript or W-2? I think I should use the transcript to be on the safe side.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Britney868 said:

Thank you for your help! Food you use a tax transcript or W-2? I think I should use the transcript to be on the safe side.

Correction** DID you use

Timeline
1 hour ago, Britney868 said:

Correction** DID you use

Transcripts are preferred by them. I think transcripts are required at interview now. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Britney868 said:

sharing the below info:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ERecgo5v-dxtBw0bhvjHbq6u64IW0-5w/view?usp=sharing
http://www.visajourney.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=22474 157.88 kB · 546 downloads

Financial

For JA they accept as proof of income only the following items: 

Tax transcript for the past three years 
Copies of W-2's for the past three years 
Letter from your employer 
Six months of Payroll Check stubs 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Roxy&Ryan said:

sharing the below info:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ERecgo5v-dxtBw0bhvjHbq6u64IW0-5w/view?usp=sharing
http://www.visajourney.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=22474 157.88 kB · 546 downloads

Financial

For JA they accept as proof of income only the following items: 

Tax transcript for the past three years 
Copies of W-2's for the past three years 
Letter from your employer 
Six months of Payroll Check stubs 

Thank you so much!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline
16 hours ago, Britney868 said:

I work in accounting. I would go with a tax transcript. Would raise less questions/ concerns for the CO. 

Edited by Rob Beri

Timeline
16 hours ago, Rob Beri said:

I work in accounting. I would go with a tax transcript. Would raise less questions/ concerns for the CO. 

Perfect!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.