Jump to content
Youssef1

Just got a message from Uscis

13 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello

 

 

Today I received this message from Uscis, stating my case is being transferred, originally we were at Nebraska submitted on 02/11/2019, not sure where it has been transferred to as of now, any ideas? Potomac or Texas those are the only two that seems to be slow.

 

on one email from Uscis it’s said, it will start an initial review of the case and talking about both petitioner and recipients background checks and so on, do anyone knows what time frame does it take? 
 

is this a good sign , it’s been moved to another office for faster processing.

 

will the letter that will come in the mail tell me what office will handle my case.

 

 

good luck to every one.

 

 

 

58E32BA7-96F5-428D-A910-DDC406718364.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Usually it is just moving workload with the idea that it will be processed faster.


March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Paul & Mary said:

Usually it is just moving workload with the idea that it will be processed faster.

Thank you Paul and Mary 

 

i guess it’s still a waiting game. So far we are at the mark of 12 month and been a long wait. We are hoping this will be a great step.

 

do they usually say what office will handle our case once we receive the notice 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should get a letter in the mail with the new service center I think. Weird to me that they are transferring Feb cases that are already so close to approval! But maybe they just want to get to the months past feb faster. Potomac and Texas are long past February at this point so at least you should get a quick approval once the transfer is finished


Our CR1 Journey:

 

USCIS Stage:

  • Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

 

NVC Stage:

  • Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LilyJ said:

You should get a letter in the mail with the new service center I think. Weird to me that they are transferring Feb cases that are already so close to approval! But maybe they just want to get to the months past feb faster. Potomac and Texas are long past February at this point so at least you should get a quick approval once the transfer is finished

Thank you lilyJ.


yes I will keep you updated when the letter arrives, that was just a guesstimate when I mentioned to Potomac or Texas cause both are the shortest in the line for processing as i recall Nebraska was the 3rd on the list,  I was hoping to hear from them at the end of January 19 to February 11 give and take. But this last minute move was a bit of a shocker. 
 

has anyone had anything similar to this case such as last minute transfer and how long till it got approved.


 

This was from the email that I got 

 

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case. 

Receipt Number: LIN1990...........

Application Type: I130, PETITION FOR ALIEN RELATIVE 

Your Case Status: Initial Review 

On January 13, 2020, we transferred your Form I130, PETITION FOR ALIEN RELATIVE, Receipt Number LIN199..............., to another office for processing and sent you a transfer notice. The notice explains why we transferred your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by February 12, 2020, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators. If you have filed an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131 or I-765, you can expect to receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints and/or photographs taken. The timing of your appointment is determined by the number of applicants ahead of you that also need a biometric appointment. We try to schedule biometric appointments as quickly as possible and in most cases you will receive your appointment notice within 30 days of submitting your application. We will send your appointment notice approximately 14 days ahead of your scheduled appointment. It is important that you keep this appointment. If absolutely necessary, you can request that your appointment be rescheduled however, please be aware that rescheduling may delay the processing of your application. Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice if you need to reschedule. Occasionally, you may receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints taken when you have filed a form other than those listed above. In these situations, you may receive your appointment notice more than 30 days after submitting your application or petition. 
 

  • Log-in to your myUSCIS account to view your case history and understand what you can expect to happen next on your case.
  • Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at under Check Processing Times.



Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Edited by Youssef1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For your sake, I hope it is Texas Center... they are absolutely killing it with the approvals right now. 🙏 


IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Potomac Service Center

Consulate: South Africa

Hello...Shenzhen, China 💕2018-01-20

Will you...Shenzhen, China 💍 2019-01-13

I Do...Hong Kong ❤️ 2019-06-20

 

USCIS

I-130 Sent: 2019-08-21

I-130 NOA1: 2019-08-26

I-130 NOA2: ??? (VJ Est. 2020-03-14)

 

event.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ours was in Nebraska for 11 months and then transfered to Missouri Office (October)

letter said for faster processing

also had a note enclosed that if not processed in 60 days i should send an inquiry

as it was all our big holidays Halloween,  Thanksgiving,  Christmas and New Year,  i waited to send the inquiry out in January

My response back was no one knew where the case was not in Missouri office as it had a Nebraska # 

another 5 months (i forget times at time so forgive me if i am off) before it was cc and sent on to NVC

by the time it got to Casa i had a WAC # showing in computer for the denied K1,  a EAC # (no  idea where that came from,  a MSC for Missouri office and a CSB for casa embassy

the CO asked my husband how many petitions i had done and he just said,  she is persistant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its nothing new for USICS to transfer work loads. Been happening for years.

 

 


 

Formally known here as , Paris Heart 

 

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: 09/15/2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 5 minutes)

NOID issued 05/17/2019

NOID addressed and received by USCIS 06/05/2019   Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

07/01/2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

07/05/2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

07/11/2019   Green Card in Hand

     happy tom and jerry GIF

 

1019 days from receipt to approval, no lawyer involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

ours was in Nebraska for 11 months and then transfered to Missouri Office (October)

letter said for faster processing

also had a note enclosed that if not processed in 60 days i should send an inquiry

as it was all our big holidays Halloween,  Thanksgiving,  Christmas and New Year,  i waited to send the inquiry out in January

My response back was no one knew where the case was not in Missouri office as it had a Nebraska # 

another 5 months (i forget times at time so forgive me if i am off) before it was cc and sent on to NVC

by the time it got to Casa i had a WAC # showing in computer for the denied K1,  a EAC # (no  idea where that came from,  a MSC for Missouri office and a CSB for casa embassy

the CO asked my husband how many petitions i had done and he just said,  she is persistant

How long has this been? And thank you for letting me know 

4 minutes ago, Beth & Achraf said:

Its nothing new for USICS to transfer work loads. Been happening for years.

 

 

Good to know .

thank you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

The nebraska office had our case in 2012

visa issued 2015 

had to fight the system all the way

but he is a citizen now

 

allah yekbel

Amine to that.

 

the key is to not give up. 
 

it’s been 12 months now and still going strong.

 

thank you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2020 at 6:07 PM, Youssef1 said:

Hello

 

 

Today I received this message from Uscis, stating my case is being transferred, originally we were at Nebraska submitted on 02/11/2019, not sure where it has been transferred to as of now, any ideas? Potomac or Texas those are the only two that seems to be slow.

 

on one email from Uscis it’s said, it will start an initial review of the case and talking about both petitioner and recipients background checks and so on, do anyone knows what time frame does it take? 
 

is this a good sign , it’s been moved to another office for faster processing.

 

will the letter that will come in the mail tell me what office will handle my case.

 

 

good luck to every one.

 

 

 

58E32BA7-96F5-428D-A910-DDC406718364.jpeg

Here is the next updates,

 

i tried calling uscis yesterday to let me know where they sent the i130 to but since it was a recent transfer it couldn’t show in the system on to where.  This morning I checked my status and this is what I found.

 

 

0AE1C0C7-F1B0-46CE-BE07-9F30859625FC.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...